Need somebody to Certify True Copies of Documents in Pattaya

waoscar

My finance is trying to get somebody to Certify some True Copies as per Australian Law.

I got some done at a doctors when I was living in Thailand, but now I'm back in Australia

and my finance is trying to get her passport page and id copies Certified as True and Correct.

Does anyone know anyone in Pattaya who is qualified under Australian Law and understands

they simply need to certify the copies are unchanged from the original.

Thanks.

The OP needs to verify if the Australian Embassy has an approved lawyer in Chonburi-Pattaya..

True enough.

I had a "barrister" "notarize" some documents for me in Pattaya once.

They were worthless at the US embassy.

--------------------------------

Off topic a bit, but I sold a house in Florida when I was in Kuwait, and had to get a dozen notary stamps from the embassy at $45 USD each.

The clown behind the window was aghast! That's gonna cost a lot!

I said "Yep, about 1/10th as much as flying back to Florida. You going to stamp this stuff or not?"

I HATE my embassies. Retarded civil servants that charge an arm and a leg to 'serve' us expats is what they are, then treat us like scum.

Getting my daughter's US passport was a nightmare. She was born in Surin, living in Kuwait....Embassy there said it might take 6 -8 months!!!!!!!!!!

Went to the BKK embassy, they said do you have an appointment? Come back in 3 weeks.

Went back, on time, squalling baby, and the embassy b*tch was an hour late for the "appointment"!

ARRRGHH!!!!!!!!

I have used Siam Legal for any 'important' translations into English - they can also arrange for a lawyer to notarise if required though, as was pointed out above, it may not be accepted in some rare cases as Thailand is not a signatory to the Hague Convention governing it and so is not in a position to officially appoint a body to control it.

For translations into Thai i have used a couple near where i live with no problems - depending where you are there is probably one a stones throw away.

Just a tip, if you need any translated details to match a document you already have, be sure to give the translator the details of how you want it translating - it can cause all sorts of problems in the future if you have different transliterations of your name on different documents.