feeding wild birds

Thian

please refrain from feeding wild birds on your balcony ,veranda or patio,they become used to a regular food source and teach their offspring to feed there as a primary safe source of food, there is nothing worse coming back home after a couple of weeks away finding your patio covered with dead birds who have lost the ability to search for food and have starved to death!!

We've been "feeding" birds for 15 years and leave for weeks at a time and never come home to dead birds laying around.

count yourself lucky. only recently here on the costa Yorkshire in spain ,we were called to an expats house, he had just returned from 2 weeks in hospital to find his patio scattered with dead doves and small birds, poor fella thought some one had poisoned them , but they had starved to death

please refrain from feeding wild birds on your balcony ,veranda or patio,they become used to a regular food source and teach their offspring to feed there as a primary safe source of food, there is nothing worse coming back home after a couple of weeks away finding your patio covered with dead birds who have lost the ability to search for food and have starved to death!!

We've been "feeding" birds for 15 years and leave for weeks at a time and never come home to dead birds laying around.

count yourself lucky. only recently here on the costa Yorkshire in spain ,we were called to an expats house, he had just returned from 2 weeks in hospital to find his patio scattered with dead doves and small birds, poor fella thought some one had poisoned them , but they had starved to death

You were called in to investigate dead birds on the patio?

Did you arrest the neighbor's cat?

biggrin.png

You were called in to investigate dead birds on the patio?I help in an endangered species sanctuary In Alcoi in the mountains in southern spain, this poor chap contacted one of the many expat animal protection agencies in the area, who contacted me because I take in injured birds and also live on the same urbanisation,

biggrin.png

You were called in to investigate dead birds on the patio?I help in an endangered species sanctuary In Alcoi in the mountains in southern spain, this poor chap contacted one of the many expat animal protection agencies in the area, who contacted me because I take in injured birds and also live on the same urbanisation,

So were you able to help the dead birds?

Don't feed wild birds for one thing it is bad for them. Also in the uk people are geting muged by seagulls all the time for there chips and stuff because they see it as there food. David Cameron was talking about it in Parliament and everything.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by juice777

Actually now I come to think about it I was robed by a Swan once in the Lake District in the uk. It took my cod from my cod and chips. Then just ate it in front of me it was like she knew i can't do anything because they are the Queens bird. And If I did I would be beheaded. So don't feed wild birds.

Also don't feed monkeys to I've been robed twice my those little sods once for my glases and once for some peanuts

Edited by juice777

Actually now I come to think about it I was robed by a Swan once in the Lake District in the uk. It took my cod from my cod and chips. Then just ate it in front of me it was like she knew i can't do anything because they are the Queens bird. And If I did I would be beheaded. So don't feed wild birds.

Also don't feed monkeys to I've been robed twice my those little sods once for my glases and once for some peanuts

Seagulls also can be very rude and steal fish and chips out of ones hand.

Now every morning i have 10-15 birds sitting in the tree's in my garden waiting for new food, they are only sparrows and pidgeons. They love birdfood from the petshop.

I don't like them because they are not tropical enough for me, i like the black birds who walk in the grass but they don't come anymore, also the squirrels stay away now.

I will have to buy bread to get the black ones i guess, or rice.

Seagulls also can be very rude and steal fish and chips out of ones hand.

Now every morning i have 10-15 birds sitting in the tree's in my garden waiting for new food, they are only sparrows and pidgeons. They love birdfood from the petshop.

I don't like them because they are not tropical enough for me, i like the black birds who walk in the grass but they don't come anymore, also the squirrels stay away now.

I will have to buy bread to get the black ones i guess, or rice.

By feeding them, you have starved them all.