4G/LTE speeds so slow ON DTAC

Torks

Hi

I finally now have a phone capable of using 4g. I use DTAC post paid sim. I pay 399 baht for unlimited monthly use and I also paid for a speed topper. Site says up to 42mbps but the fastest I have gotten to date is between 3 and 9mbps. Speed varies from Chalong to Patong to Phuket town but still I'm not getting anywhere even close to what I want. I know I'm on 4g because it says 4g on the screen. Every now and again dropping to H+ or H.

Anybody else had the same issue at all or know what I should do?

Any help greatly appreciated.

fyi its 3gb for 399

not unlimited

after 3gb you get 128kbps

Exactly .... you pay 399 baht/month so expect what you get for a mobile data link.

Read ---> http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Be-forewarned-4G-Phuket/23039#ad-image-0

Update ---> http://www.thephuketnews.com/dtac-launches-4g-internet-service-in-phuket-50585.php

AIS don't run 4g/LTE yet. Only dtac and True.

OK so let me rephrase my question.

Who knows how to get the best 4g speeds?

What speeds are you achieving?

Dtac answered my question by saying this was normal speed depending on peak usage so what should I be doing?

Do I need to move company, get another package etc?

Any helpful answers other than you get what you pay for? I get and pay for what is available to me! Inside my 3gb + 1gb data usage I am still only getting under 10mbps.

have you tried speedtesting inside thailand?

10mbps is more than i get on my fiber

yes I am testing within thailand. With 2 different apps to give me an average. 10mbps may be good but if they are telling you you can get speeds up to 42mbps I think 50% loss should be it's absolute worst.

have you tried speedtesting inside thailand?

10mbps is more than i get on my fiber

yes I am testing within thailand. With 2 different apps to give me an average. 10mbps may be good but if they are telling you you can get speeds up to 42mbps I think 50% loss should be it's absolute worst.

Don't fall for the old 'up to' scam, ask them what the 'down to' is!

I have been using Dtac in Bangkok/Pattaya for about 5 years and there 3g/4g speeds are a joke, its only becuase im mostly connected to wifi that i continue to use there service because if i used 3g/4g more often that juts getting alerts id switch to True, i will get about 4-8mb on 4g where people on 4g true will get 15-20mb.

There are still places between bangkok and pattaya where i dont even get a 3g signal and i keep threating to move to True as data is more important that voice call (which true are not so hot on)but the hassle of having to speak with a thai person about porting my number etc fills me with dread and stops me from doing it!

I know what you should do - stop believing that "up to" 42mbps means that your service will ever achieve that speed, except on the day that Stalin and Hitler rise from the dead and go worship Mao in his mausoleum.

42Mbps is standard on 100Mbps Ethernet systems

I find the same, with my phone on dtac telling me I am using 4G I get less than I used to get before on the 3G H H+ download.

Right, it's like surfing the Web on an old dial up connection. Go to a Web page set the phone down and go do something while waiting for the page to load.

Saw an interesting online report today re the relative LTE speeds of True and DTAC in Thailand. AIS, of course, isn't in the LTE business yet, so nothing to report on them. The data here seems to show that True Move H does indeed tend to offer faster LTE.

post-58284-0-13750800-1443533088_thumb.j

post-58284-0-86258900-1443533125_thumb.j

The same data shows Thailand's place among other countries with LTE, and it isn't a pretty picture for Thailand in that regard, particularly regarding LOW average LTE speeds that are among the lowest of LTE countries.

post-58284-0-31953300-1443533483_thumb.j

post-58284-0-67991800-1443533503_thumb.j

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK