Yingluck’s lawyer complains civil case was rushed against her

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why do so many Farangs with no right to vote here have a problem with the Shinawatra political dynasty?

Because you--with no right to vote have a problem with freedom of speech on TVF about a sad regime that keeps getting voted in and fails miserably every time it governs badly, so naturally with living here and many paying business tax VAT etc, have a view-------TVF is for this. hasn't it hit home yet.

A tad hypocritical of you "Ginjag" as I seem to remember you constantly having a go about newbies about their freedom of speech about their views!

In my time in Thailand I have paid taxes to reds,yellows and khaki governments and whoever is in squadders it.

Whatever colour is in just likes being at the trough!

SOME newbies appear at the time old anti PM posters vanished to replace the same agenda, so many were not just airing average views and it stood out a mile. freedom of speech is great if thought of independently. On TVF an element minority bombards topics on PM related matters.

The TROUGH your talking about has shrunk compared to the PTP Shin regime. You should have noticed that being a longer stayer.

More on the topic just looks like delaying tactics until Y.S. gathers her belongings together.??? we will see.

why do so many Farangs with no right to vote here have a problem with the Shinawatra political dynasty?

Because you--with no right to vote have a problem with freedom of speech on TVF about a sad regime that keeps getting voted in and fails miserably every time it governs badly, so naturally with living here and many paying business tax VAT etc, have a view-------TVF is for this. hasn't it hit home yet.

A tad hypocritical of you "Ginjag" as I seem to remember you constantly having a go about newbies about their freedom of speech about their views!

In my time in Thailand I have paid taxes to reds,yellows and khaki governments and whoever is in squadders it.

Whatever colour is in just likes being at the trough!

SOME newbies appear at the time old anti PM posters vanished to replace the same agenda, so many were not just airing average views and it stood out a mile. freedom of speech is great if thought of independently. On TVF an element minority bombards topics on PM related matters.

The TROUGH your talking about has shrunk compared to the PTP Shin regime. You should have noticed that being a longer stayer.

More on the topic just looks like delaying tactics until Y.S. gathers her belongings together.??? we will see.

How do you, or anyone else know how big the trough of corruption may or may not be today?

Good reply"Thai at heart". Transparency is not on the agenda with the present government!

I have asked on other threads, so I hope that GJ can answer this one for me, who are the beneficiaries going to be on the up coming railway lines going to be?

Independent companies or people in the present government with vested interests?

GJ,as I have stated before I am not a redshirt supporter, nor a yellow nor khaki,I just want what is best for the common Thai who wants to succeed and make a life for himself and his family. A proper education would help,being married to 2 teachers (at different times of course, 1up north and 1 down south) has shown me how very poor education is taken seriously in this country, more snouts in the never ending trough.

PS,many thanks for the enlightening reply,but I do know what you mean

Anyway, Ms. Yingluck let's it be known through her legal team that her case is being rushed. Not that she has anything to hide of course, her being ignorant and so, but it would seem all those appointments at court are affecting her social diary. The 60,000 pages of evidence for the prosecution is also near unhuman. How can anyone who loves democracy expect her to read all that? Where's the justice in using evidence against her in the first place?

Interesting this Amply Rich little girl still has so many defenders. Comes with being rich and notorious I guess.

Good reply"Thai at heart". Transparency is not on the agenda with the present government!

I have asked on other threads, so I hope that GJ can answer this one for me, who are the beneficiaries going to be on the up coming railway lines going to be?

Independent companies or people in the present government with vested interests?

GJ,as I have stated before I am not a redshirt supporter, nor a yellow nor khaki,I just want what is best for the common Thai who wants to succeed and make a life for himself and his family. A proper education would help,being married to 2 teachers (at different times of course, 1up north and 1 down south) has shown me how very poor education is taken seriously in this country, more snouts in the never ending trough.

PS,many thanks for the enlightening reply,but I do know what you mean

Croeseo

But you should know already how that works. Are you now saying that bad policies are reason for criminal charges, even though evidence of criminal actions on the part of the accused are absent ?

You seem to forget that governments the world over implement bad policies that are seldom self financing. Remember the mortgage policies in the Netherlands, which cost the Dutch taxpayer well over 500 billion each and every year. Quite clearly an outdated and bad policy that is quite clearly not self financing, yet no cries to incriminate the persons responsible for the continued application of that policy and for good reason, after all they are executing it with a mandate from the electorate, a mandate Yingluck also had whilst her government implemented the rice pledging scheme.

Oh come on Sjakie. Had Ms. Yingluck positioned her RPPS as a subsidy which required 100 billion Baht reservation in the National Budget, there wouldn't had been a problem. what she did with blessing of her bif brother who thoughtout all scams, was positioning the RPPS as 'self-financing'. Her hand-picked Minister of Finance stated the day before the scam started that only 440 billion Baht in a revolving funds was needed for initial payouts with money returning from sales after processing.

BTW since you're still unto foreign scams, look up the successes of Juan Peron, allegedly also with a mandate to ruin the country.

Ruin the country ? You mean like the current lot that will end up costing well in excess of the 500 billion the rice pledging scheme allegedly cost. Of course the current lot do so without a mandate, including all kinds of rights that are abandoned and with a certainty that none will ever be prosecuted. Please stop your accountability bullocks, as that term should apply to all, including the junta which you support...

But you should know already how that works. Are you now saying that bad policies are reason for criminal charges, even though evidence of criminal actions on the part of the accused are absent ?

You seem to forget that governments the world over implement bad policies that are seldom self financing. Remember the mortgage policies in the Netherlands, which cost the Dutch taxpayer well over 500 billion each and every year. Quite clearly an outdated and bad policy that is quite clearly not self financing, yet no cries to incriminate the persons responsible for the continued application of that policy and for good reason, after all they are executing it with a mandate from the electorate, a mandate Yingluck also had whilst her government implemented the rice pledging scheme.

Oh come on Sjakie. Had Ms. Yingluck positioned her RPPS as a subsidy which required 100 billion Baht reservation in the National Budget, there wouldn't had been a problem. what she did with blessing of her bif brother who thoughtout all scams, was positioning the RPPS as 'self-financing'. Her hand-picked Minister of Finance stated the day before the scam started that only 440 billion Baht in a revolving funds was needed for initial payouts with money returning from sales after processing.

BTW since you're still unto foreign scams, look up the successes of Juan Peron, allegedly also with a mandate to ruin the country.

Ruin the country ? You mean like the current lot that will end up costing well in excess of the 500 billion the rice pledging scheme allegedly cost. Of course the current lot do so without a mandate, including all kinds of rights that are abandoned and with a certainty that none will ever be prosecuted. Please stop your accountability bullocks, as that term should apply to all, including the junta which you support...

Of course you may have a better crystal ball than I have, but anyway this is about Ms. Yingluck having a problem with being help responsible and accountable. It's almost as if her televised statements were only meant as opportunity to look good and smile with what she said not really important. Interesting she actually said something like "democracy died today" when she was impeached (or was it with her case being submitted at court). Ignorant little Thai pretty really needs defending from all those bad, bad men, especially from her big brother who got her in this mess.

How do you, or anyone else know how big the trough of corruption may or may not be today?

Open the eyes-----listen-------read LOCAL news---------form an opinion, I not need your negative agenda.

Naturally we do not have figures BUT what we do know is that there is 100% improvement in trying to bring corrupt persons to justice----BUT far too many to get all in the net----it was so vast before with little done ---PTP style.

Open the eyes-----listen-------read LOCAL news---------form an opinion, I not need your negative agenda.

Naturally we do not have figures BUT what we do know is that there is 100% improvement in trying to bring corrupt persons to justice----BUT far too many to get all in the net----it was so vast before with little done ---PTP style.

Considering that the media is not allowed to print much negative news about the junta, I would say, that reading the media is of little use.

I don't find any evidence of reduced corruption.

Considering that the media is not allowed to print much negative news about the junta, I would say, that reading the media is of little use.

It's one of those things where people will see what their agenda drives them to see...

she is a total joke, thinks because she come from a hi-so family that has wealth she does not have to accept the blame when she was the one in charge of the scheme. She never attended the meetings,m was told countless times it was corrupt but refused to take any action about any of it and now that she is finally being called to face the music starts crying foul. Amazing how the thai elite think they are all above the law, cant wait to see her sorry ar*e thrown into jail and huge fines issued, couldnt happen to a nicer family.

What do you expect when the precident has been set hundreds of times previously.She is only following the time honoured way and more than likely will get away with it,one way or another.You tell me the last time any big fish did real time.I predict when the time comes she will have her passport and told to use it,they don't want a "pretty" in jail.The elite think they are above the law because they are,sad but true.

Well the Red/Mr.t supporters should be along anytime now calling foul........guitar.gif

sometimes a cigar is a cigar and a witch-hunt is a witch-hunt but you don't seem to care about justice and the REAL reasons behind all this. No nothing to do with RICE so why not research a bit more? think a bit more? and take in less of the propaganda from the Military JUNTA?

Your right,it's all about corruption that YS refused to check,sit at meetings,ect.We all know she was a puppet,even she knows that,but as PM,the baht stops with her.This goes with the job.

"Yingluck was Thailand's prime minister from 2011 until a controversial court decision forced her from office in May 2014, just a few days before the military staged a coup to overthrow her government. She was impeached earlier this year in connection with the money-losing rice subsidy scheme and barred her from office for five years. The attorney-general then pressed criminal charges against her over the same matter.

In her court filing Tuesday, Yingluck said the attorney-general and others were guilty of negligence of duty and a concerted effort to damage her, citing three alleged legal violations punishable by a range of 6 months to 10 years in prison. The court will decide whether to let the case proceed or throw it out."

"Yingluck was accompanied by her brother-in-law, Somchai Wongsawat, himself a former prime minister who was also ousted by the courts, in a 2008 decision."

So she brought this guy as a charater refrence?

"Both Yingluck and Somchai are political allies and relatives of Thaksin, who was ousted by a 2006 military coup. Yingluck is Thaksin's sister and Somchai is married to another of Thaksin's sisters.

Thaksin fled into exile in 2008 to avoid a prison sentence on a corruption-related charge he says was engineered by his political foes, jealous of his popularity."

as if she needed a moral charater refrence as well.

" If "malfeasance and negligent behavior" were applied in cases against all politicians, the halls of power all over Thailand would look like the rapture had taken them all to heaven....." there might start to be a change in the world that says "We're freaking tired of this"

corrected it for you.

Prosicute her? They ought to fly her the largest mall in the world, drop her off and cancel all her credits cards just to watch her feel like the farmers who commited suicide over her thievery.

Seems to run in the family.This is how the rich make money,make the rules,bend the law,totally disregard the law.All's good until they get sprung then the croc tears come out.These people have lawyers on speed dial.

I, as i imagine a lot of us here, was a young boy at the time of the Marcos political dynasty.

Thousands of miles from the Philippines, and with no experience really of travel, no experience of Asia, and having never even met a Filipino person, i would sit and read about how this Marcos family were sucking their own country dry, and it made me feel sad and disgusted. I wished for the tyranny to come to an end there, even though it made not a jot of difference to my own personal life, and when it finally did i felt genuine relief and happiness.

The point i am making is not that the Marcos and the Shinawatra political dynasties are the same, but that it is quite possible to form an opinion on something that may have little or even zero affect on you. What is your problem with that?

I was in PI in the last year of Marcos and Blindy Freddy could see that Ferdy and his cronies were crooks.I used to speak to the locals about this and they wouldn't have a bar of it.Imelda is unbelievably still voted in and other crook PM's are up for election.Personally i think people can vote for who they like,but don't complain later when your country is still a s...hole and you keep voting for the same families.Same applies here.

Do I need to have a right to vote in order to have a problem with a politician?

I am neither an Italian nor a Thai, but I dislike persons like Berlusconi as much as Mr. T. (his sister is not as bad, as she has no clue what is going on anyway).

Why do you have a problem with Farangs who have a problem with a totally inacceptable person like Thaksin.

Don't dismiss YS so easily because she is a women and a nice smile.She has been around long enough to know the score and her snout is well and truly in the trough.

It's one of those things where people will see what their agenda drives them to see...

Thai at heart,

Your first sentence is correct, they are not allowed to print aggressive agenda--like yours, BUT are allowed some as you say. The poster who just answered your Agenda post---was correct. If you do not wish to see you will not.

FUNNY isn't it--------you say you not see any improvement regarding corruption, BUT you do notice re --the press being stunted----STRANGE as i pointed out you see the things YOU want to post. give it a rest for gods sake.

Thai at heart,

Your first sentence is correct, they are not allowed to print aggressive agenda--like yours, BUT are allowed some as you say. The poster who just answered your Agenda post---was correct. If you do not wish to see you will not.

FUNNY isn't it--------you say you not see any improvement regarding corruption, BUT you do notice re --the press being stunted----STRANGE as i pointed out you see the things YOU want to post. give it a rest for gods sake.

I have no agenda. I just don't buy the junta story hook line and sinker. Thailand is just as corrupt today as it was 5 years ago.

I have no agenda. I just don't buy the junta story hook line and sinker. Thailand is just as corrupt today as it was 5 years ago.

You have no agenda ??? Oh, come on ! You had a grin from ear to ear when you wrote that ! clap2.gif

......................"Considering that the media is not allowed to print much negative news about the junta".........................

I agree with you on that one. It is disgusting how the media has been muzzled and anything negative regarding the current Government is "out of bounds", and liable for litigation.

As it was in the good old days, when democratically elected governments ruled -

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/02/29/1077989434975.html?from=storyrhs

1/3/2004

In an editorial yesterday, The Nation declared: "Thailand's hard-won democracy is in tatters. Political reform has been reversed, the previously vibrant media gagged, the country's human rights record tarnished."

https://cpj.org/2006/06/thailand-acting-prime-minister-files-more-criminal.php

15/6/2006

The Committee to Protect Journalists condemns Thailand’s caretaker prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s continuing use of criminal defamation charges to silence critical media outlets. The most recent charges, filed on Wednesday, targeted three Thai-language dailies, Matichon, Khao Sod and Daily News.

History repeats itself !

You have no agenda ??? Oh, come on ! You had a grin from ear to ear when you wrote that ! clap2.gif

Well when people claim the corruption is apparently down on previous govt, I wonder where this mountain of prove able evidence comes from.

Every organisation in Thailand is corrupt. To claim a real progression would need the prosecution of literally 1000s of people. A few cases here and there is negligible in reality.

I hear the junta says Thailand is currently democratic. That isn't true either.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Where in the world with the exception of here would a former PM be sued for liability?

All governments in the world make massive losses with some policies, they never get sued.

Did she gain from the scheme, I don't know.

Were there corrupt officials, certainly.

Surely if corruption is proved then they should be jailed.

Never heard of any politician having to pay back the loss of a government scheme!

"Never heard of any politician having to pay back the loss of a government scheme!"

Say now, I think you might've just hit on something there ... thumbsup.gif This could go down in world history right along with the invention of mathematics, paper, gunpowder, the transistor ... It would be Thailand's contribution to the progress of man!

It was not a Government scheme it was a blatant PTP bribe to garner votes that despite strong warnings given by experts that it would be disastrous (which were ignored even when the scheme was clearly imploding) resulting in massive losses of tax payer money through fraud, corruption at all junctures of the scam involving several appointed ministers and government officers.

If it was a genuine well-intentioned scheme designed to benefit the people then that is different. Trouble for Yingluck is that it lies very much in the former rather than the latter and she should pay for this scam and it's incredible losses of the people's money!!!