Thai ladies mentality changed alot, and more materialistic ? I feel disappointed

Danielsiam

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think they are getting more Educated, And realize all they get is Men who cannot get women ,or have broken Margie s behind them. in there own Country, Or just Desperate old men , So yes its called progress. They have changed not you. They are use to two/three week millionaires now,

Edited by Thongkorn

I read your post and for some reason I kept on reading it with an Arnold Schwarzenegger accent !!

If you are a good looking guy and are looking for a genuine Thai lady, try looking for one at the local universities or even in the shopping centers, going to bars and clubs to pick up chicks was the norm in the 1980's and will always turn up all kinds of riff raff!!

Right, I would actually suggest looking for a woman maybe around 35 - 40 or a little older with a good upbringing. The younger you go the further away from the culture you get. โชคดี

I agree.

35-40+ are much preferable - more emotional baggage; kids (various sires); big hips; sloppy breasts; varicose veins. Mama & Papa are hoping for a rich ol' farang to come along.

Edited by fang37

Thailand in the early 1980's was void of all the material desire you see today.

Thai's have been bombarded with materialistic marketing to the point they think they are worthless without all the latest gadgets and money.

Technology and the internet has allowed them to learn the games and scams to get money and gadgets that their income/education level with never, ever afford.

So I think there is some truth to what you are saying.

However, there is a big difference between rural Thai girls in Isaan and the city/tourist area girls you find on the internet.

I truly believe the best women come from rural areas like places in Isaan

I have been to villages that do not even have internet or cable TV

These girls for the most part are very genuine.

One trip on the Bangkok BTS with all the Thai girls excessively glued to their IPHONES, carrying their counterfeit designer handbags says it all.

It is all about the money and "Face"

Bangkok and the tourist areas are not cheap anymore

Price a house, car, etc. that every girl who marries a foreigner will demand to have and you will see Thailand in these areas is more expensive than many areas in the west

Materialism has no boundaries. If you have give 20k baht, she will run off with the first guy with 40k baht

Selfish greed and materialism has ruined allot of Thailand and allot of the girls

Be cautious

Ive found some Thai women VERY arrogant , like they really are something special, the last one was renting a room from a friend of my Wife 's and hadnt paid the rent for 2 months, I was asked to evict her, I met her i n the lift and said she hadnt paid her rent, she looked down on me and grunted as if to say , who the <deleted> are you telling me.

10 minutes later I was telling her she had 5 minutes to get her stuff out or I would be chucking them out the window, the "hi so" then became the " its not fair" sob story, i didnt give a sh*t and out she went, stuck up little cow

Is it that easy to evict people here? No legal process to go through?

Somethings wrong with that story. It would take several notices and collection attempts. You actually sound like you broke the law....tossing things out on the street and giving short notice.

My Wife takes care of several hundred rooms, you can discuss the "Thai way" with her if u like, I just got asked to chuck her out as the owners didnt know what to do and Miss Hi So thought she could keep not paying rent.......welcome to the real world

Thai's have been bombarded with materialistic marketing to the point they think they are worthless without all the latest gadgets and money.

Technology and the internet has allowed them to learn the games and scams to get money and gadgets that their income/education level with never, ever afford.

However, there is a big difference between rural Thai girls in Isaan and the city/tourist area girls you find on the internet.

One trip on the Bangkok BTS with all the Thai girls excessively glued to their IPHONES, carrying their counterfeit designer handbags says it all.

Price a house, car, etc. that every girl who marries a foreigner will demand to have and you will see Thailand in these areas is more expensive than many areas in the west

Materialism has no boundaries. If you have give 20k baht, she will run off with the first guy with 40k baht

Selfish greed and materialism has ruined allot of Thailand and allot of the girls

Be cautious

Never thought of you as bitter but that's EXACTLY what your post oozes.

Sorry but I don't think you can judge a person as materialistic just because they own an iPhone and carry a counterfeit bag.

Is a farang with an iPhone automatically materialistic and greedy?

Young people like gadgets; they like designer tat and if it's fake, so what - it looks nice to them.

I know countless women with iPhones - they're not the greedy, selfish cows you describe. I also know 2 who drive Porsche Cayenne Turbos - two of the loveliest, kind-hearted and funny people I know here.

Thailand is not an oasis in the global desert of avarice and material gain - it's as interconnected with the rest of the world as our homelands are and, in the same way millions of people in Britain or the US or Europe are decent, kind and honest despite owning iPhones or designer gear, the Thais shouldn't be judged on their affectation with consumerism.

Plenty of foreign men have come to Thailand, headed for the boonies convinced that a clueless farmhand in rags and subsisting on a diet of rice and mushrooms will make an honest, loving, caring and most importantly for them, frugal wife.

Before the paint's dried on the new-build McMansion the dopes are marginalized while the Fortuner and the Scoopys are distributed to the extended family.

Ive found some Thai women VERY arrogant , like they really are something special, the last one was renting a room from a friend of my Wife 's and hadnt paid the rent for 2 months, I was asked to evict her, I met her i n the lift and said she hadnt paid her rent, she looked down on me and grunted as if to say , who the <deleted> are you telling me.

10 minutes later I was telling her she had 5 minutes to get her stuff out or I would be chucking them out the window, the "hi so" then became the " its not fair" sob story, i didnt give a sh*t and out she went, stuck up little cow

Somethings wrong with that story. It would take several notices and collection attempts. You actually sound like you broke the law....tossing things out on the street and giving short notice.

Of course there's something wrong with it, it's fantasy.

Be cautious

Never thought of you as bitter but that's EXACTLY what your post oozes.

Sorry but I don't think you can judge a person as materialistic just because they own an iPhone and carry a counterfeit bag.

Is a farang with an iPhone automatically materialistic and greedy?

Young people like gadgets; they like designer tat and if it's fake, so what - it looks nice to them.

I know countless women with iPhones - they're not the greedy, selfish cows you describe. I also know 2 who drive Porsche Cayenne Turbos - two of the loveliest, kind-hearted and funny people I know here.

Thailand is not an oasis in the global desert of avarice and material gain - it's as interconnected with the rest of the world as our homelands are and, in the same way millions of people in Britain or the US or Europe are decent, kind and honest despite owning iPhones or designer gear, the Thais shouldn't be judged on their affectation with consumerism.

Plenty of foreign men have come to Thailand, headed for the boonies convinced that a clueless farmhand in rags and subsisting on a diet of rice and mushrooms will make an honest, loving, caring and most importantly for them, frugal wife.

Before the paint's dried on the new-build McMansion the dopes are marginalized while the Fortuner and the Scoopys are distributed to the extended family.

By the end of your post, you are ooooozing as well. Just sayin'.

Of course there's something wrong with it, it's fantasy.

I dont see your 13 likes thoughtongue.png

The dating game has changed since smartphones came out about 5 years ago.

The old days, you exchange numbers and she waited for your call.

Today, she is getting hit on 24/7 by social media. Woman have allot more options without leaving their home.

At the same time, you don't want a woman addicted to social media cause she craves attention. Facebook is responsible for 60% of relationship breakups.

Globalisation has increased the divorce rate by double in every country since 2000. The feminism poisoning is spreading... Just look how mess up the women are in the west.

The more your girl stays away from the west and stick to Thai family tradition, the happier you will be. Girls that hang at bars that drink and smoke are no good in any country!

Edited by fitnesspm

Legal process, you got to be kidding right! She hadn't paid her rent in over 2 months. If they are using a basic Thai lease she should have been out the end of the first month when the deposit was being used? Obvious the wife or friend didn't have the balls to speak up and got the Farang to do it!gigglem.gif

Although it seems that the OP is just worrying about getting a free ride, i think his perception is right.

Not only Thailand, but the whole world is changing faster and faster, and not only because we are getting older.

People are more self-centered, i mostly blame the abuse of technology, and the bad quality of the food.

I think you are right there, the invention of the selfie stick tells you that, people carry something around with them so they can take pictures of there self's every five mins,

A vain new world I call it

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Although it seems that the OP is just worrying about getting a free ride, i think his perception is right.

Not only Thailand, but the whole world is changing faster and faster, and not only because we are getting older.

People are more self-centered, i mostly blame the abuse of technology, and the bad quality of the food.

I think you are right there, the invention of the selfie stick tells you that, people carry something around with them so they can take pictures of there self's every five mins,

The irony of smart phones and social media, they are advertised as making communication easier, when in the reality they are promoting isolation.

The irony of smart phones and social media, they are advertised as making communication easier, when in the reality they are promoting isolation.

God, listen to you two grumbling curmudgeons

Some people are never happy unless they're bitching

And who do you think taught them this mentality ? Us ! And it is spreading like the plague throughout Southeast Asia. Kiss paradise goodbye.

Paradise was lost 20 years ago.

There are plenty of Thai girls and Thai women with the right attitude ....so no need to worry like it is the end of the world or something as dire as that.

There always has been a percent that you can not approach and or befriend anyhow ...for what ever reason(s) while Thai Girls and Thai Women, like all Women, the world over, have always been materialistic while seeking more and more of what self satisfies everyone....that being ...more money, more possessions, more fun and adventure and more stimulation from an otherwise hum drum life and existence along with all the more gadgets to entertain oneself with.....as in, self serving personal gratification for one and all.

Consumerism and capitalism is alive and well in Thailand and well reflected in the female consumers as near every country that does have a roaring good economy is largely dependent on the female consumers and their desire to satisfy their inherent narcissistic souls.

Meantime if you really want a much better example of Women who are obtrusive and materialistic and come with a me, me, me, it is all about me attitude....... then spend some time in Singapore.....as in ....yikes....creepy comes to mind.....lol

But then again they say ( Who says ???) the Singaporean Women are not nearly as materialistic as the American Women....or Canadian Women or Australian Women or British Women....etc etc.

Now...when you think about it, you may come to realize on your own one day ( that is, if it is not pointed out to you ) that it is men, 95 % of the time, that create all those materialistic products because men have a 10,000 year history of being very inventive and very creative while inventing and making and mass manufacturing all kinds of inventions and products that benefit everyone while half the consumer market always has been Women or will be Women and often enough the MAN MADE products are specifically supplied more so with women consumers in mind than men.

So...us men, ( That includes you T.V. members also ) in effect have more or less created the Worldly Materialistic Women with the materialistic attitude by way of all the materialistic items and products that us men just keep on creating because of the immensely creative minds of men....while the whole affair will continue long into the future.....so live with it....learn to live with it....as it is not going to revert back to the supposedly good ole days.

Men imagine it and then we make it and supply it and the Women consume what the men create and supply....so no surprise to me that all too many Thai women want more of what everyone else has available to them in most other parts of the world.....while the economy of near every country would collapse if the Women were NOT so materialistic and hell bent on self serving consumerism....the truth be told.

Cheers

Lol, bitching about bitching people laugh.png

Yeah that's what I thought lol

2894181382_c1e9f52f59.jpg

2894181382_c1e9f52f59.jpg

Haha

Legal process, you got to be kidding right! She hadn't paid her rent in over 2 months. If they are using a basic Thai lease she should have been out the end of the first month when the deposit was being used? Obvious the wife or friend didn't have the balls to speak up and got the Farang to do it!gigglem.gif

There is a reason many Thais leasing/renting here dont have contracts, the story posted by kannot sums it up.

Not to mention tax avoidance on the part of the owner.

Gotta love the Asian think outside the box mentallity, pure capitalism, no Nanny State here.

Spend some time living with the Thais in their condos, locks changed, boxes piled up in the corridor etc etc.

Bar girls are the worst for paying rent, go on long time with some farang to the Islands and forget to pay the rent, out the door you go.

Thats what happens when you live for today.

Edited by rgs2001uk