The Liverpool Thread..

kkengvibul

I've got a question for Lpool fans. What do you guys think of Harry Kewell?

At Leeds he was inspirational until the last two seasons when his contributions seemed to consist of the occasional (failed) attempted shimmy past defenders (they got wise to that trick seasons earlier), followed by a bout of sulking and wandering around with his hands on his hips.

Then he left under a cloud when he and his agent effectively shafted us, and since then he's done nothing.

A good signing for you guys, or a huge wasted talent?

Ahhhh yes, Kewell's famous injuries which seem to surface when things are going bad for him and when crunch games (Australia v Italy) happen.

The guys got no bottle.

I wonder if the truth about his 'injuries' in the World Cup will ever be known. Certainly his own teammates were at best confused and at worst sceptical over what injuries he had in Germany.

For once I agree with redrus.

^He's still injured now, i don't think you need to have any doubt about the legitimacy of the claims. Unfortunately he is very injury prone. I would also say that you don't need bottle to go out and play in a world cup, it's a dream come true for players.

Edited by Fast Eddie

A good signing for you guys, or a huge wasted talent?

I think Kewell actually did pretty well in his first season at Liverpool. I remember that he scored a few goals that season, but from then on it has been downhill. His problems with injuries are just annoying and sad actually.

Even so, i wouldn't say he's a wasted talent as yet, he still has something to offer to Liverpool. When he recovers from his injury (god knows when), we might see the true/old Harry Kewell (fingers crossed!!).

Well, I'll never forgive him for the stunt he pulled in his last game at Leeds. At a time when him and his agent were negotiating to shaft Leeds and tee up his move to Liverpool, he decides to 'wear his heart on his sleeve' and die his hair red as a gesture of his desire to go to Liverpool.

Tosser. Garry Lineker summed it up best in his newspaper column

His subsquent lack of form and injuries, plus his home country's cynicism about him now? Well, som nam na . . . .

• 2 weeks later...

man utd won the treble with 4 strikers rotating, cole sherringham solskear and yorke,they where all class, dont think it is that.

what a great 4 strikers they where.

you was just out classed by the better team.