Change visa type from O retirement to A-O Long stay retirement

I have an extension to stay in Thailand based on retirement a one year A-O valid to 1 September.

I am now planning to go to Sweden and not come back until the middle of October.

Question: What is my best options? To apply for a new AO in Sweden is far too complicated.

Can I apply for a "Non-Immigrant Visa category" O "(Over 50years old and Retired)" visa at the Thai Embassy in Sweden, and then chang it to one year A-O based on retirement?

Can I do it on Imigration in Jomtien?

What documents are required?

I have 30 year lease on my house, and my name in the yellow house book.

Thanks for advise

PS: I was advised by the foreign helper in Jomtien not to make any changes because it would be very difficult to regain the A-O extension one year based on retirement.

As long as your extension of stay "lives" than dont mind the date on your Non Immigrant O-A (N OT A-O)....You re just fine...

I am not sure what you actually mean when reading your post, But gujess that you mean that O-A ends 1/9 but your extesion is ongoing!

So if leaving Thailand when your extension is living, just buy re entry permit (TM8) at the immigration and you will be fine, and your extension will be in full effect when you come back in 2 weeks time.... By the way when is your extension ending?

Glegolo

If you secure a single entry non O visa based on being over 50 that will provide a permission to stay of 90 days

If you wish to stay longer you will have to meet the requirements of an extension of stay which for retirement are mostly financial.

It is not possible to "convert " an "O" visa to an "O/A" visa

You could attempt to renew your current extension and obtain a reentry permit prior to leaving.

Edited by oncearugge

"What is my best options? To apply for a new AO in Sweden is far too complicated."

• You can only get an 'O-A' in your home country or country of official residence.
"Can I apply for a "Non-Immigrant Visa category" O "(Over 50years old and Retired)" visa at the Thai Embassy in Sweden, and then chang it to one year A-O based on retirement?"
  • No. Not possible.
"Can I do it on Imigration in Jomtien?"
  • No.
If you can't or don't want to apply for another 'O-A' in Sweden then your best option is to get a non 'O' and apply for a 1 year extension once your in Thailand.

It is kind of hard to understand exactly what you have, are you on the first year of a O-A visa or are you on the second year of a multiply entry. Case number 3 are you on the extension of your orginal O-A that has expired and you applied for and recieved a extension of stay, if you are on number 3 then go to immigration and get a re-entry permit and you are good to go home and come back no problem, this also applies to the second year of your O-A visa. If you are stillon the first year and you have a multiply entry then you do nothing but leave and come back.

If you truly have an extension you have been on an overstay for a month now.

It seems you are on a one year entry from a OA visa. Look in your passport to see what your admitted until date on your entry stamp. You can get a re-entry permit at immigration for that entry that would keep it valid when your enter the country.

You do not have to get a new visa or extension of stay until the permitted to stay date shown in your passport.

I'm sorry if I have been unclear.

My extension is valid until 1/9-2016 but I'm going back to Sweden in a couple of months and will stay until end of October 2016.

What can I do?

Get a O-Visa at the ambassy in Sweden and apply for a 1 year extension based on retirement once I'm back in Thailand?

Is that possible?

​I Thank you all, for trying to understand and answering my questions.

If you can get a single entry non-o visa in Sweden you can then apply for the the one year extension of stay based upon retirement.

I you cannot get the non-o in Sweden you could get a single entry tourist visa and then change to a non immigrant visa at Bangkok immigration. Or go to Vientiane or Penang for the non-o visa.