Los Angeles Consulate no longer issuing triple entry visas

A friend of mine recently returned from the US where he normally picks up a triple entry visa at the Los Angeles consulate.

This might have been reported elsewhere as I'm sure it's a busy consulate due to its location and I have no idea when this change was made.

He couldn't get a triple entry tourist visa there, they would only offer him a double entry visa.

I guess the new 6 month visa will kind of replace the need for the triple entry visa but the triple entry visa is already not available.

whistling.gif The Royal Thai Honorary Consulate in Portland Oregon still has a triple entry tourist visa as an option on the application form there.

Supposedly available. but no idea if it is actually available or not now.

Still supposedly available there in Portland

Check the website and call them and ask if you can get it in Portland Oregon.

• Like 1

If and when the rumored 6 month Tourist Visa ever actually materialises.

13 November. Confirmed officially and reported in the news section.

And wouldn't that be a good opportunity to stop the triple entry and issue multiple to make some more money whistling.gif

whistling.gif The Royal Thai Honorary Consulate in Portland Oregon still has a triple entry tourist visa as an option on the application form there.

No longer available.

Not providing your friend with a triple entry visa doesn't necessarily mean that LA Thai Consulate doesn't issue triple entry to others.

In this case it does, it was nothing to do with him personally. They told him they don't issue triple entry tourist visas, the only option now is the double entry.

Maybe this will all change in November anyway. I wonder if the consulates will be able to issue the new 6 month visa.

That's where I got my original visa in 2007. Could have sworn it was a 6 month visa. Portland consulate staff are top notch and friendly, and not Thai. American employees. Excellent service.

Edited by connda

That's where I got my original visa in 2007. Could have sworn it was a 6 month visa. Portland consulate staff are top notch and friendly, and not Thai. American employees. Excellent service.

My bad. Just pulled out my original passport and it was a triple entry. Had to do a visa run the Mae Sai every 60 day, so it was essentially a six month visa with border runs.

Edited by connda

The embassy in DC has only been doing two entry visas for some time now.

Not many posts about about LA.

I am British with a Condo in Florida. I was getting triple entry visa in Miami. They still do this but only with walk ins. I applied to DC without much problem. They required much more documentation but issued the 3 entries. wai2.gif

Edited by ubonjoe
moved reply from quoted text

I am British with a Condo in Florida. I was getting triple entry visa in Miami. They still do this but only with walk ins. I applied to DC without much problem. They required much more documentation but issued the 3 entries. wai2.gif

When?

Tried to get a triple from NY on my first trip here a few years ago. The consulate staff was very courteous and friendly but did enjoy a small chuckle when I asked for a triple. He said "I can give you a double" and did so. LA seemed to be a bit behind which was good for some while it lasted. No mas mis amigos (that's California talk).

Not providing your friend with a triple entry visa doesn't necessarily mean that LA Thai Consulate doesn't issue triple entry to others.

In this case it does, it was nothing to do with him personally. They told him they don't issue triple entry tourist visas, the only option now is the double entry.

Maybe this will all change in November anyway. I wonder if the consulates will be able to issue the new 6 month visa.

Who else would, 7/11?

They now do three entry visas, but the validity is for only 3 months -- which makes the third entry worthless.

Period of stay:

Single entry not exceeding 60 days

2 and 3 entries not exceeding 90 days (total)

Validity of a visa: The Validity of a visa is 3 months.

http://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/tourist-visas/category-tr/

But LA says their 2 entry only visa is good for 6 months. Would be nice if the consulates were all on the same page -- but we know that would never happen.

Two-Entry Visa must be utilized

within 180 days from the date of issue.

Portland's website doesn't indicate validity of their 2 or 3 entry tourist visa, but historically it's been valid for 6 months. Sekingco, was that your experience from Portland?

Edited by JimGant

They now do three entry visas, but the validity is for only 3 months -- which makes the third entry worthless.

Period of stay:

Single entry not exceeding 60 days

Validity of a visa: The Validity of a visa is 3 months.

http://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/tourist-visas/category-tr/

Portland's website doesn't indicate validity of their 2 or 3 entry tourist visa, but historically it's been valid for 6 months. Sekingco, was that your experience from Portland?

That site also shows error. With a 2/3 entry tourist visa only 60 days are given on entry.

1/2/3 entry tourist visa entries can be extended by 30 days per entry on application and payment of 1900Bht

That site also shows error. With a 2/3 entry tourist visa only 60 days are given on entry.

Not very clear, with no mention of extensions (although at the bottom of that page they do explain extensions).

I believe this is their way of explaining that you have to use all three entries within 90 days of issue of the visa (since it's only valid for 90 days/3 months).

I picked up a triple entry tourist visa Monday, September 28, at the Portland, OR consulate. It took 18 minutes, all told. Very quick and efficient.

Time will tell. My feelings - nobody will ever get another triple from this place.

Did you get a triple-entry tourist visa valid for only 90 days because you submitted a travel itinerary showing that you will make all three entries within 90 days from the date of issuance of the visa? Normally, this visa should be valid for six months.

• 1 month later...

When?

Sorry its a bit late but mine was issued in August 2015.