TM 30/28 vesus House Book

A TM28 and TM30 are forms for reporting address's to Immigration.

TM28 for change of address.

TM30 to report alien residence at that address.

A House Book (Tabian Baan) is the Civil registration of the occupants of an address with the local Amphur.

Every planned plot to build a residence is given a plot number, then on completion a registered address.

On purchase each owner will be issued a Blue Tabian Baan detailing address and names of occupiers.

Foreign Condo owners will be issued a Blue book as a registration of that Condo address with the local Amphur, but their names will not be included in the book.

Foreigners can only be named in a Yellow book.

(The exception being a married foreigner with PR status who can be added to a blue book, but not the principal name).

The Blue and Yellow Tabian Baans are proof of residence at that address and are accepted as such by any Government agency. (Not proof of ownership)

It will also be accepted by Immigration as proof of residence, but copies of the owners ID card and Tabian Baan (landlord) may still be additionally requested.

The Tabian Baan replaces the need for Certificates of Residence from Immigration for use at Government agencies.

Unlike the C of R, it has no expiry date.

The process to obtain your own Tabian Baan varies from Amphur to Amphur.

The Civil Registration Act only states that foreigners are entitled to such a registration and book, but offers no National guidance on the process involved and it is therefore left to each Amphur to set it's own procedure.

Although the Act was updated in 2008 allowing foreigners to obtain a Tabian Baan, in terms of foreigners actually registering their residence address with the local Amphur in Thailand, only a very small percentage have applied, so it's still a relatively new experience for some Amphur offices who have no written procedures in place when it comes to dealing with foreigners.

Fortunately some are organised.

It is a requirement of law to register your address to Immigration.

It is optional if you want to register your address with your local Amphur office.

Accepted by any Government agency.cheesy.gif I don think so. I personally have had my YTB shot down for registration of vehicles and drivers license. I personally seen amphures refuse to acknowledge the existence of such or if they did refuse to issue to a foregoing. Some times a YTB works and some times it don't.facepalm.gif

A TM28 and TM30 are forms for reporting address's to Immigration.

TM28 for change of address.

TM30 to report alien residence at that address.

A House Book (Tabian Baan) is the Civil registration of the occupants of an address with the local Amphur.

Every planned plot to build a residence is given a plot number, then on completion a registered address.

On purchase each owner will be issued a Blue Tabian Baan detailing address and names of occupiers.

Foreign Condo owners will be issued a Blue book as a registration of that Condo address with the local Amphur, but their names will not be included in the book.

Foreigners can only be named in a Yellow book.

(The exception being a married foreigner with PR status who can be added to a blue book, but not the principal name).

The Blue and Yellow Tabian Baans are proof of residence at that address and are accepted as such by any Government agency. (Not proof of ownership)

It will also be accepted by Immigration as proof of residence, but copies of the owners ID card and Tabian Baan (landlord) may still be additionally requested.

The Tabian Baan replaces the need for Certificates of Residence from Immigration for use at Government agencies.

Unlike the C of R, it has no expiry date.

The process to obtain your own Tabian Baan varies from Amphur to Amphur.

The Civil Registration Act only states that foreigners are entitled to such a registration and book, but offers no National guidance on the process involved and it is therefore left to each Amphur to set it's own procedure.

Although the Act was updated in 2008 allowing foreigners to obtain a Tabian Baan, in terms of foreigners actually registering their residence address with the local Amphur in Thailand, only a very small percentage have applied, so it's still a relatively new experience for some Amphur offices who have no written procedures in place when it comes to dealing with foreigners.

Fortunately some are organised.

It is a requirement of law to register your address to Immigration.

It is optional if you want to register your address with your local Amphur office.

Accepted by any Government agency.cheesy.gif I don think so. I personally have had my YTB shot down for registration of vehicles and drivers license. I personally seen amphures refuse to acknowledge the existence of such or if they did refuse to issue to a foregoing. Some times a YTB works and some times it don't.facepalm.gif

Then they were ignorant incompetent officials, or you didn't stand your ground on the issue.

Pray tell what Thais use to register vehicles and obtain driving licences?

The only difference is the colour of the book.

Show the Amphur a copy of their own Countries Civil Registration Act, that'll wipe the smile of their faces.

They hate to be proved wrong and lose face.

You are the owner of the shares in the company?

They have a value.

Therefore, the value of the shares are included in your assets.

Yes, thanks. We own 49%. You can aging how complicated it will be, in death for non-resident family to sell the whole property. Better if we have the house in our name and a lease registered on the land. So, I still am looking for any advice on this. I suspect our situation, as a Farang couple, is somewhat unique to this forum. Thanks for your advice, tho'

• 3 weeks later...

Still confused!

I own a condo - up for sale - vacant.

MIL owns land.

Wife owns the house.

I reside in wife's house.

Extension of O-A (retirement) visa @ CNX I/O.

Do lodge a -

TM7

TM28

TM30

TM7 to apply for an extension of stay based on marriage/retirement.

A TM28 to notify change of address.

A TM30 completed by the housemaster of the address you reside.

What address did you use for your last extension.

The Condo or the wifes house?

When you moved out of the Condo into the wifes house you changed address. A TM28 should have been filed by you.

The wife (housemaster) should have filed a TM30.

These are not new rules or procedures, they just weren't enforced by many IO's before, but since the Gen sent a few to 'inactive' posts, they've suddenly remembered the rules again.

Last year, I used my CNX condo address.

When I moved into wife's address situated on MIL's land, we went to Fang I/O.

Completed form/s??? Wife said that NO FORMS were required @ Fang I/O.

Since then, 90 day reporting done in Fang.

This year - extension of R/V @ CNX I/O, what documentation do I supply re address? Which form (if applicable)?

I have a headache!

Yes - Chiang Mai I/O for annual.

Fang - for 90 day.

Sorry but Fang Imm office is a new one on me.

Maybe a local office to just do 90 day reports?

You should have changed your address at Chiang Mai, where you do your extensions.

They will still have your old address registered.

Complete a TM28, get the wife to complete a TM30.

When you go to Chiang Mai firstly get your address changed on the system.

You can then submit your TM7 for the extension using your new address.

They will probably require a copy of your wifes Tabian Baan and ID card.

Faz

Thank you - I understand (I think)

Fang I/O - only used for 90 day reporting. It is a very small office. Handles 90 day & Burmese workers.

Being in CNX Province, it would be attached to CNX I/O.

No one has provided a definitive decree to date.

I was even considering using a visa agent BUT what would they know?

What would CNX I/O know?

BKK - ???

Visa Run??? (joking)

Faz

Thank you - I understand (I think)

Fang I/O - only used for 90 day reporting. It is a very small office. Handles 90 day & Burmese workers.

Being in CNX Province, it would be attached to CNX I/O.

No one has provided a definitive decree to date.

I was even considering using a visa agent BUT what would they know?

What would CNX I/O know?

BKK - ???

Visa Run??? (joking)

If you change address, you need to complete a TM28 (change of address) so they can update their system.

The landlady/owner/wife should complete a TM30 (report of alien in residence)

That's the procedure, then when you come to do your extensions, the proof of address you are supplying, will then match what they have on their database.

I understand Chiang Mai have two offices now dealing with various procedures, so better to keep your ducks in a row to avoid going quackers. whistling.gif

Edited by Faz

Ha,ha, I see your still sticking with the term 'extending Imm O-A Visa' sad.png

Your Non Imm O-A Visa was multi entry, correct?

Now if you could truly extend that Visa, then you would be able to leave and re-enter Thailand no problems.

The fact is that Visa had an expiry date.....gone....caput.....belongs in your other topic 'Where will the family put me when I'm to old to care for'. beatdeadhorse.gif

That Visa gave you permission to stay in Thailand for 90 days at a time.

That is what you extend at Imm. Your permission to stay for 12 months, provided you report every 90 days.

You also need a re-entry permit to leave and re-enter Thailand because the Visa is dead.

The stamp is a permit, not a Visa.

It clearly states 'Extension of Stay permitted until.........' violin.gif