TM 30/28 vesus House Book

They will accept your house book as proof of residence.

But they could ask for the owner of the resdience that the yellow book is for to do a TM30.

A TM28 would only be needed if you are changing your address.

• Like 2

There are immigration offices that do require it.

Perhaps for retirement. But the immigration is the authority to issue such residence certificates. So chicken & egg.

Got my yellow book copies returned when applying for extension. That is on marriage.

Perhaps for retirement. But the immigration is the authority to issue such residence certificates. So chicken & egg.

Got my yellow book copies returned when applying for extension. That is on marriage.

I'm on marriage and they keep my copies. As I said some immigrations offices do and its is very plain that the YTB is becoming more and more recognized by the Thai authortizes.

• Like 1

I am still very confused.

Retirement visa

Own a condo in CNX - up for sale - have a Yellow Book.

Live in wife's house situated on MIL's land.

Help me please, Dorothy.

If you want a YTB for the address of the house you are livening and your MIL owns that house she will be part of the process.

"A YTB is address specific. There is no cancellation. When you move to a new address you must go to the issuing amphur that your original YTB was issued by and request a transfer letter to your new address and new amphur. You present these documents to your new amphur and they will issue you with a new YTB with all your details applied. You will be instructed to return your original YTB to the old address as it is the only one that will be issued to that address and the next foreigner will be aded to that YTB. I have personally been through this."

​The abouve is from me on another forum.

Did my fourth extension in Khon Kaen last Tuesday.

Yellow book and copies presented (like last year).

They kept the copies for the files.

No questions asked.

Until 2013 I used copies of blue book and ID of wife.

My TM30 (from my wife in 2011): never asked for.

In July I did a new motorcycle license (from ground up).

Yellow book was sufficient. No one asking for residence cert. from immigration.

Just that they used the wrong address from the car license until I pointed them to entry in the house book blink.png

Tearing apart yellow house book: maybe you should tear a Thai flag too.

Could be good for some time in the monkeyhouse wink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

You don't need a house book for extension of stay.

That's not very helpful. Why didn't you name at least one? I certainly don't need it here in Nakhon Sawan. When I asked the official if it was worth getting, she shrugged and said, "Up to you." (well, the Thai equivalent). I have to say I've never been asked for either document. Been on retirement visa since 1997.

Edited by Acharn

Had my house built on vacant land owned by a Thai company .

There is no yellow book, anyone ever apply for a yellow book, under same circumstances? What paperwork needed. Local amour has never heard of a Farang getting a yellow book. I'll deal with that by going to the capital of the province. Just need to know paperwork.

There is no yellow book, anyone ever apply for a yellow book, under same circumstances? What paperwork needed. Local amour has never heard of a Farang getting a yellow book. I'll deal with that by going to the capital of the province. Just need to know paperwork.

Farangs do not own land.

Condo - OK.

Has there been a blue house book issued for the house? It there is no blue book then a yellow book cannot be issued.

Only the local Amphoe can issue a house book. Going to the capital will not help because there is no provincial level entity that issues house books.

• Like 1

I believe that when I changed my address the yellow book was merely updated.

The address can not be updated.

For a new house (address) a new book is needed.

Fairly easy process due to the reports I have read in the forum.

As no two amphurs have the same requirements if he moved within the same amphur this is a possibility.

Has there been a blue house book issued for the house? It there is no blue book then a yellow book cannot be issued.

Only the local Amphoe can issue a house book. Going to the capital will not help because there is no provincial level entity that issues house books.

Thanks for that. We have a Blue Book, issued in the name of the company; due to the planning permit being issued in the name of the company also..

We are in ourtr 790's and worried about our wills, where we treat the house as being owned by us. we paid for it personally (ie outside of the company). Legal advice was to bring a copy of the building contract (in our name). to the local office ans ask them to change the name on the building permit. they said no.can do. The local office said that farang could not own a house.very clearly. Despite this, the planning Dept Chief gave us a letter certifying that we live at the house address. Our lawyer's advice is to have the Company prepare a Directors resolution, allowing us to build a house on its land. Our lawyer suggested that we then take all paperwork and go to Muang NST. There, at lease they understand the concept of farang being allowed to own a house. and hopefull, will give us a letter of instructions to take back to the local office. Sorry that this background was not posted first time, as I thought it was maybe off topic. as I reread this, I think I must be dreaming.

TM30 and proof of residence are two separate issues. The TM30 is an obligation on the 'owner' to report to immigration an alien in residence.

I have a yellow book, a copy of which was asked for on extension application and my wife was also asked to complete the TM30. At the last extension(retirement) she was asked to complete the TM30 again even though I had a TM30 receipt in my passport.

• Like 1

KhunBENQs info is not all correct.

When we, my wife and I, moved from Thalang, Phuket to Kantharalak, Sisaket I got a filled out form at Thalang amphur to give to my new amphur and in Kantharalak they updated my yellow book with my new address at my wife's house here.

But it was an easy process.

Thanks for that. We have a Blue Book, issued in the name of the company; due to the planning permit being issued in the name of the company also..

We are in ourtr 790's and worried about our wills, where we treat the house as being owned by us. we paid for it personally (ie outside of the company). Legal advice was to bring a copy of the building contract (in our name). to the local office ans ask them to change the name on the building permit. they said no.can do. The local office said that farang could not own a house.very clearly. Despite this, the planning Dept Chief gave us a letter certifying that we live at the house address. Our lawyer's advice is to have the Company prepare a Directors resolution, allowing us to build a house on its land. Our lawyer suggested that we then take all paperwork and go to Muang NST. There, at lease they understand the concept of farang being allowed to own a house. and hopefull, will give us a letter of instructions to take back to the local office. Sorry that this background was not posted first time, as I thought it was maybe off topic. as I reread this, I think I must be dreaming.

@sendintheclowns.

You might find this topic very informative re your situation.

Sheryl was in the same situation but eventually received her Yellow book with some advice and her perseverance.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/849377-can-someone-please-explain-yellow-books-blue-books-amphur-letters/

As no two amphurs have the same requirements if he moved within the same amphur this is a possibility.

No, a Tabian Baan only has one page for the address but multiple pages for the residents of that address.

A new book must be acquired for a new address.

A family of Thais can all be registered in one book, or can each have a separate book.

The names can change, the address never.

No, a Tabian Baan only has one page for the address but multiple pages for the residents of that address.

A new book must be acquired for a new address.

A family of Thais can all be registered in one book, or can each have a separate book.

The names can change, the address never.

The YTB was never formalized by any Thai government thats why NO two amphurs have the same requirement and do as they please.

A TM28 and TM30 are forms for reporting address's to Immigration.

TM28 for change of address.

TM30 to report alien residence at that address.

A House Book (Tabian Baan) is the Civil registration of the occupants of an address with the local Amphur.

Every planned plot to build a residence is given a plot number, then on completion a registered address.

On purchase each owner will be issued a Blue Tabian Baan detailing address and names of occupiers.

Foreign Condo owners will be issued a Blue book as a registration of that Condo address with the local Amphur, but their names will not be included in the book.

Foreigners can only be named in a Yellow book.

(The exception being a married foreigner with PR status who can be added to a blue book, but not the principal name).

The Blue and Yellow Tabian Baans are proof of residence at that address and are accepted as such by any Government agency. (Not proof of ownership)

It will also be accepted by Immigration as proof of residence, but copies of the owners ID card and Tabian Baan (landlord) may still be additionally requested.

The Tabian Baan replaces the need for Certificates of Residence from Immigration for use at Government agencies.

Unlike the C of R, it has no expiry date.

The process to obtain your own Tabian Baan varies from Amphur to Amphur.

The Civil Registration Act only states that foreigners are entitled to such a registration and book, but offers no National guidance on the process involved and it is therefore left to each Amphur to set it's own procedure.

Although the Act was updated in 2008 allowing foreigners to obtain a Tabian Baan, in terms of foreigners actually registering their residence address with the local Amphur in Thailand, only a very small percentage have applied, so it's still a relatively new experience for some Amphur offices who have no written procedures in place when it comes to dealing with foreigners.

Fortunately some are organised.

It is a requirement of law to register your address to Immigration.

It is optional if you want to register your address with your local Amphur office.

Edited by Faz