One Night In Bangkok

Sick_Animal

This is a very interesting forum, and I'm learning a lot, but not seeing much info on the nightlife, which I find strange.

I'm hoping to learn about the world-famous nightlife in Bangkok - not just the naughty kind, but that too!

I've never been to Thailand, and am planning my first trip. A friend told me about some places, but he was last there about 8 years ago, so I think I need updated info.

Taurus and Lucifer - are those dance clubs still there, playing great electronica/techno? If not, what are some clubs I might want to check out that have high-energy dance music?

As for the rest, I'm not a big drinker, so not a big fan of typical bars. But the "girlie bars" - well, let's just say I'm curious. I've been to strip clubs in the US, and they don't do much for me. But I hear they're different in Thailand...

Where are the best places to see some beautiful girls? My friend raves about "Nana" - is that still there? He said Patpong is history, and some place called Soy Cowboy has mostly older, less attractive girls.

I'm going alone, so I need some advice. Where should I go? What do I need to know? I don't want to break any laws, so any advice in that area would be most appreciated. Is it true that prostitution is actually illegal in Thailand? But they never enforce it? Sounds weird to me. Is it really safe to partake?

Then there's crime and scams - I don't want to fall victim to any of that either, so please advise.

Frankly, I've never been a "John" - nothing against it in concept, but nothing I've heard about the reality has ever interested me. But my friend says Thailand is totally different - they're sweet and nice - like actually having a girlfriend for a night. Can I believe this?

As it is, I think I'd like to check out some of the go-go bars, but won't be taking a girl out. But I wouldn't mind meeting a regular Thai girl - to have meals with, go places with, etc. If I meet someone I like, I might stay for a while, maybe study the language and/or meditation. (If anyone knows any good places, I'd love to hear about them.)

How hard is it for a guy to meet a regular, nice girl in Thailand? Will language be a problem? Where should I go to find a girl who might be interested?

OK, enough questions. Sorry to be such a newbie - I'm sure this post will be very annoying to many of you, and I'm sorry for that - really. If even one of you can offer some advice, I'd be most grateful.

Cheers! :o