Ni-o Visa Extension

Last Monday my lady and I married. I am in my 1st extension of a NI-O visa, (for the rest of the year, I have to extend again in February, for another year), my next 90 day report day is October 30th. I would greatly appreciate some help on what to do next, concerning immigration. My desire is to continuing to live here for the remainder of my life. We have purchased a house, (in her name of course), and a new Toyota Vios, (also in her name, I don't drive anymore), and I am qualified for pension income, through my letter from the American Embassy, (I still have the original letter from last February). Do I notify them I'm now married...? Do I wait till my next report day...? Will they change my visa for me....? What is my next move.....? Thanks, Ernie :o

You do not need to change your retirement extension of stay because you married. As long as you can afford the higher financial requirements (800k-400K) there is no reason to change to support Thai wife. I would go to immigration with your wife as they will want a paper in there file that she understands your visa status. It probably would not be a problem waiting but I would do if you can. If not have her with you for the next extension of stay.

You do not need to change your retirement extension of stay because you married. As long as you can afford the higher financial requirements (800k-400K) there is no reason to change to support Thai wife. I would go to immigration with your wife as they will want a paper in there file that she understands your visa status. It probably would not be a problem waiting but I would do if you can. If not have her with you for the next extension of stay.

Thanks Lop....Ernie