Fax machine in Pattaya

juice777

Whats a FAX ?

Fax (short for facsimile), sometimes called telecopying or telefax, is the telephonic transmission of scanned printed material (both text and images), normally to a telephone number connected to a printer or other output device. The original document is scanned with a fax machine (or a telecopier), which processes the contents (text or images) as a single fixed graphic image, converting it into a bitmap, and then transmitting it through the telephone system in the form of audio-frequency tones. The receiving fax machine interprets the tones and reconstructs the image, printing a paper copy.[1] Early systems used direct conversions of image darkness to audio tone in a continuous or analog manner. Since the 1980s, most machines modulate the transmitted audio frequencies using a digital representation of the page which is compressed to quickly transmit areas which are all-white or all-black.

HAPPY NOW

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Whats a FAX ?

Fax (short for facsimile), sometimes called telecopying or telefax, is the telephonic transmission of scanned printed material (both text and images), normally to a telephone number connected to a printer or other output device. The original document is scanned with a fax machine (or a telecopier), which processes the contents (text or images) as a single fixed graphic image, converting it into a bitmap, and then transmitting it through the telephone system in the form of audio-frequency tones. The receiving fax machine interprets the tones and reconstructs the image, printing a paper copy.[1] Early systems used direct conversions of image darkness to audio tone in a continuous or analog manner. Since the 1980s, most machines modulate the transmitted audio frequencies using a digital representation of the page which is compressed to quickly transmit areas which are all-white or all-black.

HAPPY NOW

You mean its like the gramaphone of the communications world grand dad ? Or the precusor to email ?

An option could be to use one of the more upscale hotels that are likely to have a business centre. A bit pricey, maybe, but should work. Even easier if you happen to have a loyalty card for the chain.

There was an earlier thread on the same subject and I seem to recall that the Sheraton Hotel in Pattaya was able to assist.

Lots of help so far!

Go to Soi 13/1 Beach Road (Pattaya) and opposite the Wanky Tanky Bar is a Computer / photo copy shop, he has two Fax machines in good order, he can effect at a fair price.

Regards Paul

Thanks

But now I am more interested in going to the wanky tanky bar that sounds great

I had to search for quite a while to find a shop that had a phone line that wasn't blocked from making international calls, which is what seems to be the main problem with this rather than having a working fax machine.

In the end this place did it for me for 50B which seems a lot more than its worth for a one-page fax: https://goo.gl/maps/nBtGcKJfwcq

Try an one of the large legal firms here, my lawyer did one for me earlier this year but was poor quality, ended up scanning the document then e mailing it.

Sure this would be the better option.

But still some recipients will not accept this form of "shipment" instead insisting on a FAX (considered to be more secure).

Must be 8 (?) years ago that I sent an international FAX from Pattaya.

That was an internet cafe in Soi Lengkee (off Soi Buakhao in direction to 3rd road) opposite "Opey de Place" hotel.

Location/street view (Oct 2012):

https://goo.gl/maps/SpDPKd1LtS72

The sign is still there (Sep 2015):

post-99794-0-76009700-1443844534_thumb.j

Edited by KhunBENQ

many internet cafes still do it. Cute little one on corner of soi bukhao and lengkee. On Pattaya Klang below Third road. They also usually scan it into a PDF file, and you can then email that as an attachment. I did several pages in early 2014. That is usually the better option than faxing it. Faxes can take a while to handshake and transmit

Whats a FAX ?

HAPPY NOW

You mean its like the gramaphone of the communications world grand dad ? Or the precusor to email ?

Whats a FAX ?

HAPPY NOW

Museum might be worth trying

If this post from Soutpeel is to be believed, how sad that anyone should not know this.

Oh dear humour is justed wasted on certain people who have a stick up their bottom dont ya think.?

but believe there is medical procedure to get that stick removed and do humour transplant at the same time these days

If this post from Soutpeel is to be believed, how sad that anyone should not know this.

Oh dear humour is justed wasted on certain people who have a stick up their bottom dont ya think.?

but believe there is medical procedure to get that stick removed and do humour transplant at the same time these days

Really guys I just asked where I can find a fax machine, is something so simple as that going to turn into another classic thaivisa fullblown dissing match

But thanks for all the help everyone

Really guys I just asked where I can find a fax machine, is something so simple as that going to turn into another classic thaivisa fullblown dissing match

But thanks for all the help everyone

Go and buy one if its so important you can buy an A4 scanner/printer/fax for less than thb 2k and plug it in ya phone line at home

Go and buy one if its so important you can buy an A4 scanner/printer/fax for less than thb 2k and plug it in ya phone line at home

"Phone line" at home? Hmm, can someone tell what this is cheesy.gif

Abandoned about 10 years ago.

Whats a FAX ?

HAPPY NOW

Fax is still widely used in business so that documents such as a purchase order are automatically faxed to the supplier on generation rather than old fashioned printing.

I use this service quite a bit - you can Fax directly from your computer. You can also send free faxes from your PC to USA, Canada, and Puerto Rico.

http://www.gotfreefax.com/InternationalFax.aspx

Thanks for that I sure that will come in handy in the future. But I have to print something out sign it and then send it back.

Whats a FAX ?

HAPPY NOW

Up until now I've considered you somewhat genuine & a legitimate human being. Starting to think otherwise.

OP asked a reasonable question. Why such a smart arse response ?

For what it's worth, I know several older generation who can operate a fax but have no idea or desire to upgrade to computer. They can still communicate in almost "now time" instead of snail mail. At least they are doing their best. Maybe you'll be old one day.

OP, PM me & I might be able to help with fax on line for you.

Soupteel.....sober up, this isn't your usual self.

Whats a FAX ?

HAPPY NOW

Up until now I've considered you somewhat genuine & a legitimate human being. Starting to think otherwise.

OP asked a reasonable question. Why such a smart arse response ?

For what it's worth, I know several older generation who can operate a fax but have no idea or desire to upgrade to computer. They can still communicate in almost "now time" instead of snail mail. At least they are doing their best. Maybe you'll be old one day.

OP, PM me & I might be able to help with fax on line for you.

Soupteel.....sober up, this isn't your usual self.

Cant sober up dear boy havent had a drink in months ;) but nice try with the cliches none the less

Why the smart arse response ?...it was a parody of a great not the nine oclock news sketch...

But once again on TV, humour is wasted on some...

i sincerly hope i dont loose my sense of humour when i get older :o

Edited by Soutpeel