Happy Sausage Surprise in Chiang Mai!

FolkGuitar

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are NOT in the regular display case...

Thanks, guessed so. Other side of the town anyway. That's why I suggested Rimping. They have hidden treasures. Just found some liver sausage in glasses from Jo's (german bakery, they also make pickles). Or you can go to San Kampheng's Gunter, G&M, they also have the stuff stocked in some Rimping's.Got some really nice smoked bacon, not cooked. Both were in Kad Farang, just stumbled accross by chance.

yes, Guenther is a good place. He's running a nice restaurant behind Big C at the Super Highway

Thanks, guessed so. Other side of the town anyway. That's why I suggested Rimping. They have hidden treasures. Just found some liver sausage in glasses from Jo's (german bakery, they also make pickles). Or you can go to San Kampheng's Gunter, G&M, they also have the stuff stocked in some Rimping's.Got some really nice smoked bacon, not cooked. Both were in Kad Farang, just stumbled accross by chance.

yes, Guenther is a good place. He's running a nice restaurant behind Big C at the Super Highway

When were you last at the G&M 2 behind Big C Extra? I was told by somebody several months ago that it closed down..coffee1.gif

When were you last at the G&M 2 behind Big C Extra? I was told by somebody several months ago that it closed down..coffee1.gif

2 weeks ago. It's 220 Baht....all you can eat between 12 and 7pm

• 1 month later...

On the sausage front

For a decent Italian Sausage...

You need to head out to Ragu at Promenada and buy some from their deli

Sausage King for English Sausages

And I've heard some very good reports about Chiang Mai Smokehouse

https://www.facebook.com/Chiangmai-Smoke-House-658296974188416/timeline/

Is Sausage King really good for English sausages? Do they sell them for you to cook yourself?

Off topic slightly where are the best places for English sausages both dining in and cooking yourself?

• 2 weeks later...

If for those that don't know, Gonzo is referring to The Pun Pun which is next to The Embassy Condos. Good no nonsense tucker (Food)

Jeeesh! "Tucker" Obviously a back-woods hillbilly home-grown expression! Back home "tucker-in" is said between 2 men. i.e. I'm ready...tucker in"

Nothing better than a Happy Sausage!

Edited by WaiLai

On the sausage front

For a decent Italian Sausage...

You need to head out to Ragu at Promenada and buy some from their deli

Sausage King for English Sausages

And I've heard some very good reports about Chiang Mai Smokehouse

https://www.facebook.com/Chiangmai-Smoke-House-658296974188416/timeline/

Is Sausage King really good for English sausages? Do they sell them for you to cook yourself?

Off topic slightly where are the best places for English sausages both dining in and cooking yourself?

Definitely try CM Smoke House!

My goodness WaiLai, your wit matches you replies....or maybe 50% (Thereby making you a halfwit).

The term tucker is a slang term meaning 'food' in Australia and New Zealand. There was even a food show in Aussie called "The bush tucker man" which was excellent education for those that spent a lot of time in the bush (Or perhaps you would call that the wilderness).

While on the subject of slang terms for food, it's also known as grub or nosh. No doubt many countries have their own slang terms which can also have different connotations in other countries.

If for those that don't know, Gonzo is referring to The Pun Pun which is next to The Embassy Condos. Good no nonsense tucker (Food)

As i said earlier - please refrain from using the word "tucker" as it is an offensive word in my country! if it is a reference to gaydom then please declare that at the onset - otherwise it is quite offensive

My goodness WaiLai, your wit matches you replies....or maybe 50% (Thereby making you a halfwit).

The term tucker is a slang term meaning 'food' in Australia and New Zealand. There was even a food show in Aussie called "The bush tucker man" which was excellent education for those that spent a lot of time in the bush (Or perhaps you would call that the wilderness).

While on the subject of slang terms for food, it's also known as grub or nosh. No doubt many countries have their own slang terms which can also have different connotations in other countries.

really man, you should stop counting yourself and your colloquialisms as worldly - they really do stink to the high heavens along with gonzo attempted wit

certain countries in the world have already progressed to "language neutral" policies in an attempt to avoid "time consuming" confrontations by ethnic and religious groups - a couple of examples being "black top = road, camel jockey = arab" the list goes on ad infinitum!

"pork knuckle" is also a loose ended and offensive term to some who equate it to the phrase "knuckle porking" - a reference to sodomy

choose your words wisely

Oh look who is on their high horse now....seems to me you need to go take a good hard look in a mirror.... or get a real life.

riding a high horse has it's benefits if wading amongst the riffraff, pseudo-intellectuals and intelligentsia living off the prevails of developing nations!

PC bs gone mad and only taken up by those with narrow minds. The world isn't perfect and there are a lot more important things to fix than hurting someone's feelings over words or their interpretation of them.

Some people just go out of their way to stir the pot when in fact it's frivolous rubbish.

Sounds like PC malarkey to me.

PC bs gone mad and only taken up by those with narrow minds. The world isn't perfect and there are a lot more important things to fix than hurting someone's feelings over words or their interpretation of them.

Some people just go out of their way to stir the pot when in fact it's frivolous rubbish.

Sounds like PC malarkey to me.

Sorry son, it is reality to the nth degree and it ain't about to change real soon! yes, i have similar sentiments but have learned to bury them and take drugs at evening time to keep them buried - just pocket your money when you can and find a slice - it isn't that easy anymore

by the way - pseudo-intellectuals, riffraff and intelligentsia living off the prevails of developing countries come in all colours and creeds - i don't want you to feel that I was referring to you only

Edited by WaiLai

A bit like your Asterisk blog.... yes that was an intelligent one. Yeah Right!

yes that was fun after spending my last day of (3) 3-day suspensions from TV - it gave me a lot of time to take a good look at the sincerity and mediocrity of posts - btw you were not in the headlights!

5555! I have never heard of it being referred to in such a way. And when I read your post I took your word as I wrote it not as 'Tuck her in'

When there is a big banquet on its quite normal for the host or official to say 'Tuck In' which indirectly means don't wait on ceremony and start eating.

Possibly this is what I made of your post.

Regardless of which, this is Thailand and therefore I doubt Thais would find it offensive. Or are you saying Thailand IS your country?

Best I don't use the other Aussie/Kiwi slang term (Expression) for when something doesn't quite go to plan..... 'Bugger'

But then you could be a good bugger.

And there is no 'gaydom' or homophopia attached to that word when used in the correct context.

I find your exception towards certain words rather frivolous but then whatever rocks your boat is your business.

5555! I have never heard of it being referred to in such a way. And when I read your post I took your word as I wrote it not as 'Tuck her in'

When there is a big banquet on its quite normal for the host or official to say 'Tuck In' which indirectly means don't wait on ceremony and start eating.

Possibly this is what I made of your post.

Regardless of which, this is Thailand and therefore I doubt Thais would find it offensive. Or are you saying Thailand IS your country?

Best I don't use the other Aussie/Kiwi slang term (Expression) for when something doesn't quite go to plan..... 'Bugger'

But then you could be a good bugger.

And there is no 'gaydom' or homophopia attached to that word when used in the correct context.

I find your exception towards certain words rather frivolous but then whatever rocks your boat is your business.

I absolutely love your fervour and skills in "taking up the gauntlet"

Well done CMKiwi - you are one of the few that have"grown a set" and can be appreciated as being more than fluff around the "bung-hole"

Looking forward to a pint with you someday and sharing a few "guffaws" (I particularly remember a comment you made to my OTC drug thread - which has caused me to chuckle ever since reading it)

take care and be wise or at least something close to it!

* you had to mention my boat didn't you - a small sloop called "one love" - later - out

Edited by WaiLai

As i said earlier - please refrain from using the word "tucker" as it is an offensive word in my country! if it is a reference to gaydom then please declare that at the onset - otherwise it is quite offensive

I think most of us are pretty worldly when it comes to colloquialisms. The TV members represent a host of different countries so our knowledge base is fairly large...

In what country is 'tucker' and offensive word? Most of us are familiar with the word from its use in Australia's best known song, thanks to the jolly swagman and his tucker bag.

At dinner time, my old mum would often say "come on tuck in before the tucker gets cold"

I would do so and then often go straight to sleep because i was plumb tuckered out from working hard all day on the farm.{NZ}

Nothing offensive at all and definitely not insinuating gaydom in any way,shape or form.

PS wailai what country is your country?

certain countries in the world have already progressed to "language neutral" policies in an attempt to avoid "time consuming" confrontations by ethnic and religious groups - .......

choose your words wisely

"Progressed"?!? Nothing more revolting than neutral language. Better to offend a few than to bore the many.