Cybersecurity key reason behind single gateway: PM

Lite Beer

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me of Cambodia when the leader had all books burnt to control the people and keep them ignorant. Internet is the library of today so what is happening is he wants to burn the books.and keep Thais ignorant and uninformed .

For anybody who has not read 1984, I suggest READ IT.

Er - not if you're in Thailand of course. (It's banned here.)

You do realize it is a novel, don't you ? Which was written in 1948 ?

Yes written by George Orwell and studied in many classes in Canada and as Konini stated banned in thailand. Banned after last coup

This reminds me of Cambodia when the leader had all books burnt to control the people and keep them ignorant. Internet is the library of today so what is happening is he wants to burn the books.and keep Thais ignorant and uninformed .

Yes, and that's why the Thai education "system" is as it is. Best to keep Somchai dumbed-down, happy/drunk on the farm, living a subsistence life in the "Sufficiency Economy".

Memorize the "Twelve Core Values", and be happy.

For anybody who has not read 1984, I suggest READ IT.

Er - not if you're in Thailand of course. (It's banned here.)

No it's not http://www.readanybook.com/ebook/1984-39

It's very easy to get hold of a legal or pirated copy of any book if you know where to look (on servers outside of Thailand which are beyond the control of the Thai government unless/until they block access to download sites from Thailand) but the links below and many others all say it's banned, both the book and the film.

Protesting Thai reader of Orwell's 1984 dragged off by police in Bangkok

2014-Thailand banned both the movie and book because they felt it was a peaceful opposition to General Prayuth Chan-ocha.

Thailand’s Big Brother bans Orwell’s 1984

And yes, anyone who hasn't read it should. It was the first grown up book I read (I didn't consider Animal Farm to be a grown up book because it was about talking pigs and the like. I was just turned 9 when I read it and it unsettled me because I thought it was going to happen and that's how life would be when I turned 30).