Why do Thai women always think they know what is best

kingstonkid

Ha ha.. yes, they do that -- I knew a Thai lady in USA and she found a new BF there and moved in with him -- I saw her a few days later and she looked shell shocked… her new BF was totally freaked that she went through and organized his desk for him… well, reorganized.

The key is to not let it bother you. Things get misplaced but no harm done really.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had a couple wives in my long life time and if the above problems are all you have you have really nothing to worry/complain about. They love you, clean and cook for you with love and love you physically at the drop of a hat. As you age they then switch to a caregiver mode along with the above mentioned functions which I find fantastic. No one is perfect surely not me. I would love to hear her comments about you. As we age we get more cantankerous and I always fight to keep this in check. She is not deserving of that side of me.

It is not just Thai women...in my experience it is all women...probably an inborn female trait..

Well Thank You Sirs, for a frank and honest statement. I do bitch about many of the same things without disagreement, all though I also concur that at times I am also not perfect... (But I am the next best thing, in my eyes). Lol, lol. And I do most honestly agree that I am getting more cantankerous myself and I also am fighting to keep this in check. She is not deserving of that either. In short, thank you again for your opinion because it is making me a better person and a more relaxing relationship.

Edited by BigSkip

I crack a wobbly,something my missus is unlikely to forget,but after 11 years this has lost its effect.Now we co exist,putting up with each others imperfections.I was border line diabetic and had to cut down on rice,took the missus 3 weeks to wake up.I just ate less and gave the rest to the dogs.If you want to sleep under my hospital bed for a few weeks keep it up.Anyway,i do my own breaky and lunch now and all is good in the home.

When women are right they are right - when they are wrong they are still right! This is a universal Venus thing. Get used to it. Also, you are complaining that she wants to clean? Mine prefers to have a maid come in and do that sort of stuff. Fancy a swap?

Why do Thai women always think they know what is best

??

Because they don't know!!!

That is those who think to loose face asking stupid questions.

On the other hand, I know plenty of Thai women who know they don't know.

Those are the ones asking relevant questions.

If you make a repeated reasonable request to someone to stop doing something and they refuse to listen, it's not just being "forgetful", it's a lack of respect for your boundaries which is a sign of a toxic relationship. It's a passive-aggressive form of control.

I can't imagine being in a relationship with someone, anyone, with whom you cannot converse and decide upon a consensus course of action. I have been with my wife for over 36 years. When we were first married, she was very young and I decided what to do. However, with every decision I mandated, I explained why. After a few years and a college education she became an equal contributor to our decisions. She learned well, earned my trust, and often knows best because she understands economy, society, government, environment, technology, world affairs, and our finances. I realize many of your wives/gfs have little or no education; some of you may even prefer it that way. However, not having a college education does not mean a person cannot be competent to make decisions, especially when the decisions refer to daily life and household matters. So, if your wife/gf makes a decision with which you do not agree, ask for her explanation and discuss alternative actions. If she, or you, or both are not capable of that sort of meaningful discussion; then you have a problem. Someone needs to learn the others' language better.

"The beating shall continue until staff morale improves"

Maybe you should "forget" you vows a few times and use the same "oopsie" excuse she does.

Or, and this is drastic so brace yourself before continuing to read...................................................make your own salads??

We have two rules in our house. Rule One, remember your husband is always right. Rule Two, in the event of confusion, refer to Rule Number One!cheesy.gif. By the way, that is a joke and I thoroughly enjoy the spoiling, cooking and love she lavishes on me. I am a very lucky man and in someway try to repay all that she does for me.wai2.gif

Because you are in Thailand, and she knows a lot of things here that you don't know.

If I tell my wife I want to do something and she says no, I will always listen to her as she knows about things here in Thailand I do not know.

Every time my wife suggests what I should or should not do in Thailand, I always listen to her, although I still want to know her reasons.

After ten years here together, she has never been wrong.

After ten years here you still need to be told what you can and cant do, by your mother wife? blink.png

Try reading my post again, I understand that some posters come from countries where English is not their first language, and may not quite understand what I have written about. nothing wrong with that.

I is very inglish and I agree its time for you to grow up

Long ago i stopped arguing with the other half, and I openly recognize her for the expert she really is. By definition of Nicholas Murray Butler that is.......................wink.png

"An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing."
The fact that she understands the above is a bit scary though..........................tongue.png

Because you are in Thailand, and she knows a lot of things here that you don't know.

If I tell my wife I want to do something and she says no, I will always listen to her as she knows about things here in Thailand I do not know.

Every time my wife suggests what I should or should not do in Thailand, I always listen to her, although I still want to know her reasons.

After ten years here you still need to be told what you can and cant do, by your mother wife? blink.png

Try reading my post again, I understand that some posters come from countries where English is not their first language, and may not quite understand what I have written about. nothing wrong with that.

I is very inglish and I agree its time for you to grow up

Who are you and what are you on about? You would be better just running along rather than hiding behind your keyboard. You are now ignored.

My (rather limited experience) has been that with a regular gf she learns the patterns of how you store and position items on your desk and all is fine. It's when you get someone as a maid and she's trying to impress that she moves everything around so that you can't find anything, as she's working in a different mental model than yourself.

Maybe it's a neural network learning algorithm.

It's not an exclusively Thai female trait.

You have a woman, you can forget Wikipedia, or any other information source, for that matter. It's why I won't have a permanent squeeze again........ ever. If that means I spend my later years as a lonely old man, then so be it. Long term girl friends/ companions just aren't worth the grief.

That may make me selfish, but it's he who has the gold who makes the rules. Amen.

Edited by F4UCorsair

Don't worry. Not talking about TV posters here, 'cos I don't know them, but I know many farangs who are control freaks. They probably came to Thailand believing all Thai women are gentle subservient creatures, who exist only to please the master of the house. Maybe a contributing factor in their failed farang marriages.

And you have it all figured out, do ya?

I've been married nearly 20 years to a Thai, lived here for more than 20, run a business here, been in countless social situations, and yep, there are still circumstances where I don't understand why the Thai person is upset/not upset, what is wanted or needed, etc... And I rely mostly on my wife to give me some perspective on the situation. "She feels hurt because he said this, so she expects... and meanwhile, face lost over there, and... blah blah. So just give her the hundred baht and we go."

Because nobody is direct here, avoiding confrontation like the plague, there is an elaborate system of signals, nigh on invisible to the farang eye, and no matter how long you are here and how often you observe, you'll never be able to fully grasp certain situations unaided. If you don't actually inhabit the value system, it can be tricky.

In this micro regard, it is true that foreigners "Don't understand" Thais, but authorities have a tendency to extend this to us not understanding why it is perfectly cool to use foreign slaves on fishing vessels... Or declare scapegoats guilty in a murder trial... "Can you not see with your own two eyes what is as plain as the duck egg in your monkey's garden? If they are not executed for the crime they did not commit, an important person will lose face - and you wish to see this? The embarrassment would be crippling to all who witness it... therefore the guilty verdict must proceed. Do you not understand simple logic?"