First Reporting Due

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the advice here. Amid some conflicting views, could members comment on the following:
I obtained a 1 year Retirement Visa (passport stamped) from Immigration in Jomtien in July 2015.
My first 'reporting' is next week and I want to be sure of taking the right documents.
My address has not changed so do I need to take anything other than an official confirmation letter
from my residence?

One website suggests the following is necessary in Chiang Mai~

--- Form TM47
--- First page of Passport showing picture
--- Passport page showing latest VISA stamp
--- Passport page showing expiration date of passport (If different from 1st page)
--- Copy of Arrival Card (your passport may have the Departure Card)
--- Proof of address (Ex: copy of Rental Agreement).

Any advice is much appreciated. THANK YOU!

- don't worry about your arrival card, that was detached from your departure card by Immigration when you arrived. A copy of the departure card may be required.

- I will leave the rest to those with recent local knowledge. The whole "90 Days" thing seems to be in a state of flux at the moment. With some offices you can do it online, at least on some days, with others you must walk in, hand them your passport, and they do the rest, with others they still want all or most of the items on the Chiang Mai list.

- as always, unless it is going to be a serious inconvenience to yourself, it is best to walk in over-prepared.

I obtained a 1 year Retirement Visa (passport stamped) from Immigration in Jomtien in July 2015.

Immigrations doesn't issue visas. You got an extension of stay based on retirement. Do remember it's not a visa if/when you want to travel out of the country and return. In that case you would need a re-entry permit because you do not have a visa.

The first time you do a 90 day report you need to do it in person with the form you mentioned, photocopies from passport and departure card, etc. Most office require some proof of address.

After your first report you'll have that report stapled in your passport and subsequent reports MAY be possible in person without any paperwork (they'll just read the barcode on the first report) or online or by mail ... but it depends on which office you use.

• Like 2

Your passport and proof of address might be good to have but everything else is at the office. The form, if you are required to fill it out (we don't in Phuket), will be there and the copy machine will be there too. Two things you may want to bring not mentioned are some small coins for copies and a pen.

Edited by csabo

There are lady helpers at the front desk of jontiem immigration , they will tell you what you need and help you fill in any forms , just go along with your passport and proof of residence and they'll sort out for you, give them a small tip , good luck

Never, ever give tips to people who are doing nothing more than "helping" you clear an obstacle that they have placed in front of you. If we all did that, we wouldn't be able to get from the curb to the doorstep at Immigration without paying off a queue of "helpers".

I did my first 90 day report 1st October at Jomtien. I only had a couple electric bills to prove my residence (didn't have to show them). It was a piece of cake, no problems at all. I got the needed copies of passport pages next door (cost 15 baht), showed signed paperwork to ladies on right hand side, they said "ok" and pointed to the center desk which gave me a number 425, there were 4 numbers ahead of me, took less than 5 minutes. No drama at all.

This was around 9:30 AM so they'd gone thru 24 people before me since opening that morning, quick in my book.

Edited by IAMHERE