Norwegian injured as he traps leg in metal grill outside of Jomtien Hotel

webfact

Norwegian injured as he traps leg in metal grill outside of Jomtien Hotel

norway-3.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Sunday Morning medics were called to the front of a Hotel in Jomtien following reports of a foreign man whose leg had fallen through a metal grill covering a storm drain.

Medics assisted Mr. Leif Olseal aged 65 from Norway who was in little pain and good spirits despite his ordeal. Staff at the Denmark Hotel off Jomtien Beach, where Mr. Olseal is staying, told Police who were also called to the incident that the drain cover is normally covered by a mat but due to the heavy rain, the mat was removed which exposed the grill.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/218359/norwegian-injured-as-he-traps-leg-in-metal-grill-outside-of-jomtien-hotel/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-10-05

Thai logic/thoroughness/carefulness/problem solution.

The grill is dangerous (wide), so cover it with a mat.

And I always thought its about the foul smell during dry periods blink.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thai logic/thoroughness/carefulness/problem solution.

The grill is dangerous (wide), so cover it with a mat.

And I always thought its about the foul smell during dry periods blink.png

The mats are left over the grates in the rainy season and they wonder why it floods infront of thier establishments!

Why are old farangs in Pattaya and Jomtien so handsome.

Lucky girls.giggle.gif

He looks like the drunk priest in Father Ted (tv comedy)

TV even removes the drunk priest's version of the F-word, rendering my original joke useless.

<deleted>

Edited by Rykbanlor

little pain and good spirits despite his ordeal ,

That's good to hear . Instead of complaining and getting abusive .

Because most likely drunk as a skunk

And why not? You would not have to be drunk to fall through that grid.

a couple of years back when metal prices were high the thais were stealing all these metal grates for scrap metal ,made it interesting times while riding motorbikes many farangs and thai would finish up going over the handlebars at night when the front wheel simply went straight into the pit thats why i never used to ride at night at least during the day you could see the open pits

I almost drove into a manhole once, had to make a tight maneuver to avoid it at night. The only warning I saw was a wood stick and a small red cloth tied to it. This was on a busy road too! Amazing Thailand and their warnings.

Quite advanced, it normally ranges from a leafy branch or nothing whatsoever. There is a large grill in-front of my local Tesco convenience store that has sagged very low and I await a small vehicle or large wheel, or person going down it soon.