Flu Vaccine

Thanyaburi Mac

Sheryl, "successful?" I'll let you know in a month or three if I do or do not get the flu...., 5555.

In any case, it's baht 850 for the 0.5 ml dose, recommended for us older folks, and 0.25 ml for the kiddies.

Felt 35, not GSK. Fluquadri is manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur of Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, according to the flyer.

Mac

Sheryl, "successful?" I'll let you know in a month or three if I do or do not get the flu...., 5555.

In any case, it's baht 850 for the 0.5 ml dose, recommended for us older folks, and 0.25 ml for the kiddies.

Felt 35, not GSK. Fluquadri is manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur of Swiftwater, Pennsylvania, according to the flyer.

Mac

I know Sanofi Pasteur produce a flu vaccine with name Vaxigrip. Can that be the similar thing and is the flu vaccine you got for the year 2015 / 2016 ?

It is recommended that vaccines for use in the 2015-2016 influenza season (northern hemisphere winter) contain the following:

– an A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus;

– an A/Switzerland/9715293/2013 (H3N2)-like virus;

– a B/Phuket/3073/2013-like virus.

huh.png Dint know we had specific Phuket like virus but this is from WHO!

I don't know what happened above but my post was:

Posted 17 minutes ago

This seems to target 4 specific strains of Flu rather than the normal 3.

Actually this is not listed as being available in Thailand - but Malaysia information is below:

http://www.mims.com/...dri/?type=BRIEF

MIMS may require sign up but is open to us consumers as well as medical professionals.

Flu shot last year at Vejthani cost 699 baht for normal 3 flu version.

For your information the Vibhavadi hospital practice unequal pricing as many other hospital. My wife on phone last Friday was told "only 699" I just got a email in and quoted 1300-1500 for the same shot. Hmm....... 3 times more than in many European countries.

Felt 35

I actually paid the baht 699 price at Vibha, perhaps because I'm listed as semi-longterm customer there.

Stopped by the local Thai public health office this morning. They have INFLUVAC 2015 from Abbot in The Netherlands on offer. I asked the price, she said FREE! Might try there next year.

Mac

About time for the flu shot, so am heading down to Vibhavadi Hospital tomorrow. I'd emailed earlier, they said they have FLUQUADRI available. Mr Google says that's a good one.

Mac

I just gotta this at the BKK Pattaya hospital,last year I walked in got it done for about 900 baht,this year insisted I saw the doc and got weighed ended up 1500 baht,really peed off ,won't use them again ,you can get it free at the govt hospital,but a real pain and you end up spending half a day there,went the year before last

If price is a problem, can't you buy the vaccine and do it yourself? Or let the wife do it?

Best of luck with that tongue.png

I gave myself a few vaccines already....no problem.....but wife refused to give it to me.....

You are a braver man than me

Not brave....more of no choice.

Doc refused to give me the vaccine from Europe as maybe the quality is not good enough for Thailand crazy.gif

So I went to the pharmacy bought the tools......Got the look as I am a drug user.

Took a big gulp of wiskey and used the rest in the glass to clean of the skin area and did it.

On the next vaccine the needle etc was in the package and it was already routine...

Flu vaccine is very ineffective. I would strongly consider if that shot makes sense.

The stats show that the drug was only 30% affective last year, i had it and didnt get any sort of cold or flu, but i dont generaly

I had the last 12 years no flu and never had a vaccine.

I had some mild colds but the flu vaccine wouldn't be a help against it anyway.

Archived