Cost of security guards.

Trying to find information on costs of employing a security guard / night watchman service in Samui. Our present one has upped his costs, and am trying to get some more idea of what's reasonable to help us decide whether to stick with him or go elsewhere.

Seen quotes from 15+ to 22+ per guard, per month +3%, and index linked. Seems a wide variation.

Can anyone who employs such a service comment on these figures, or give some of their own?

Recommendations of any particular companies?

Thanks.

For the bigger well known companies like PCS, Securitas etc you will pay around 18K for a guard and around 23K for a supervisor which probably explains the range of prices.

The other option is to employ them directly which on the face of it is cheaper, but opens up all kinds of other hassles and potential problems. (eg them dissapearing over Songkran, sick leave, pay roll, bonus etc) so all things being equal it probably is not that much cheaper and more headache.

Personally i prefer to pay a bit more and have a contract with the bigger companies which although does not promise you particulalry good service, it is easier and you can have performance penalties etc. However if you are only employing one guard you are very unlikely to get the cream of their crop which will be at the hotels etc.

There are pros and cons of both, but all told i would go with the bigger companies, despite the issues they also have.

Most of them are useless

I would prefer to set up a security guard box get a fake person with a Cctv camera on his head with a base ball cap on that shall work all night and not sleep

Unless you want one to do like a hotel and wave cars out extra

Even then they normally wave me into traffic

You can pay me and I'll do the job

Interesting. On Guam the min wage is $8.25 per hour and GS4 charges $2750 USD per mo. for one guard per 8 hour shift. Quite a management premium. "Asleep at post" can attract dismissal if a resident contacts their office. My building has one guard every night from 9pm to 5am. They write down the plate number of every car arriving (without sticker) and we have multiple parking area cameras and elevator cameras. Illegal parkers in the reserved spots can be towed away upon request. Still we have had occasional issues with thefts, mainly due to the transient nature of some of our renters and the friends and sluts they bring along...

Contrast to our Condo security in Chiang Mai. Every single time I come home late they are sleeping, unless Man U is playing. I try not to wake them but the key card reader makes a loud beep.

Never mind that but in the past 8 years there has not been a single theft other than some motorbikes parked outside the actual parking area on the Soi. Before that it was an old poof with a jilted boyfriend who came in with key and cleaned him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by arunsakda

The best security is to pay the local Poo Yai Baan they do a much better job and there job is to know everyone in the areas plus they are tooled up but they are not cheap

There again you pay monkeys you get pea nuts hence better off with a Cctv camera