Obama Offered Handshake to Prayuth, Govt Says

Lite Beer

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recently posted that the Thai PM met with President Obama at the UNGA and some members posting on TV didn't believe me as they are just negative on the government and Thailand. They said mingling wasn't meeting. Well eat HUMBLE pie !! they know who they are.

This government is here to stay so maybe the nayers should start accepting the truth or maybe look elsewhere whistling.gif

I have always maintained that this government is best for Thailand given the opposing fractions who just want to create insecurity.

Thailand is moving forward to build a better and more prosperous nation. Not forgetting that when the General Prayuth took over the country was in a mess due to instability within the predecessor controversial PM's government, the mismanaged rice scheme being just one example that cost the country billions ......

The country and the Thai people were subjected to daily security concerns with shootings and mayhem by opposing fractions, street protests that blocked major intersections which caused loss off revenue for many Thai companies that relied on daily product delivery.

You cannot hide facts ( reference to 81% approval rating by the thai people ) this is substantial evidence that the PM and his hard work to push Thailand ahead, increase stability and increase foreign investment is paying off.

Thailand will continue to become more proficient and developed country with the planned China high speed rail project, energy projects are planned and further rail and BTS extensions.

Following the PM's visit to the US the UNGA and President Obama have seen what Thailand is doing to reinstall trust and confidence in the Thai economy, and further strengthen the Thai-US relationship.

wai2.gif

I recently posted that the Thai PM met with President Obama at the UNGA and some members posting on TV didn't believe me as they are just negative on the government and Thailand. They said mingling wasn't meeting. Well eat HUMBLE pie !! they know who they are.

This government is here to stay so maybe the nayers should start accepting the truth or maybe look elsewhere whistling.gif

I have always maintained that this government is best for Thailand given the opposing fractions who just want to create insecurity.

Thailand is moving forward to build a better and more prosperous nation. Not forgetting that when the General Prayuth took over the country was in a mess due to instability within the predecessor controversial PM's government, the mismanaged rice scheme being just one example that cost the country billions ......

The country and the Thai people were subjected to daily security concerns with shootings and mayhem by opposing fractions, street protests that blocked major intersections which caused loss off revenue for many Thai companies that relied on daily product delivery.

You cannot hide facts ( reference to 81% approval rating by the thai people ) this is substantial evidence that the PM and his hard work to push Thailand ahead, increase stability and increase foreign investment is paying off.

Thailand will continue to become more proficient and developed country with the planned China high speed rail project, energy projects are planned and further rail and BTS extensions.

Following the PM's visit to the US the UNGA and President Obama have seen what Thailand is doing to reinstall trust and confidence in the Thai economy, and further strengthen the Thai-US relationship.

wai2.gif

Well....I guess that settles it then...discussion over!

So the U.S. President is polite ... Sometimes a hand shake is just a hand shake

I don't think it was meant as an endorsement of all the general has done or will ever do..

Of course it is also a sign that the U.S. Does not completely condemn the general and consider him 'persona non grata' either

Just seems a normal polite greeting between the President / PM... Just what one would expect given the situation

Quite wrong. A handshake in this environment is very significant.

All the fuss is because we have been bombarded by the Thai media with claims that Thailand is an outcast in world politics after the coup.

It has clearly touched a nerve of some people here : another small part of their lies and hypocrisy has been exposed for what it is and they respond like a schoolboy in a tantrum.

To the rest of us, it has been quite clear all along. The USA have done the exact minimum they have to do by law when dealing with a military Junta. They know full well what a bunch of dirty scumbags Thailand had before.

Oh Gawd!

wai2.gif

as Cilla Black often said "ya gotta larff" cheesy.gif