Immigration korat, no receipts .

ableguy

Am I alone in getting really fed up with korat immigration ? Went in to for a letter of my address confirmation in order to get a purple book to take my truck to Laos for a weeks holiday, I have been told by TVF members the cost is 280 baht. Korat immigration told me we can give you this but it's 500 baht and no receipt. I am aware it is not a significant amount of money but I could tell many stories where immigration scam money at every chance.

You could have to use Kap Choeng Immigration. Because of complaints like yours they said fine get it somewhere else and stopped issuing them at all.

KCI has not issued a walk in CR in about 12 months. You have to jump through hoops the get one. There is no law that says immigration has to issue a CR.

Some have reported of getting a "Residence Certificate" from the Tourist Police. Maybe give them a try before immigration...in the future.

Also, it may not be in your case, but good to know: When getting a drivers license, my work permit was accepted as a substitute for a Residence Certificate.

The yellow book is convenient in many places. While it not "officially" necessary, it will shut down questions from many sources; car purchase, motorbike purchase, bank account, Immigration, Land Transport Department, National Parks, and many more.

It is a usual cluster f to get one, but you weren't doing anything important anyway and the result is good times.

I have been going to Korat Immigration for almost 10 years now and never had a problem. I have found them most helpful and I have been getting receipts for everything. This past year was a little different as the people I usually dealt with had been promoted and the fill in were not as good.

You could have to use Kap Choeng Immigration. Because of complaints like yours they said fine get it somewhere else and stopped issuing them at all.

KCI has not issued a walk in CR in about 12 months. You have to jump through hoops the get one. There is no law that says immigration has to issue a CR.

Nonsense. It is listed as free.

The fact that many offices charge for it (no receipt) is just evidence of the depth and breadth of their corruption.

Strangely, there is one window at Chaeng Wattana where the scam is weirder: the lady insists that it takes thtee weeks, and will only do it by mail. 100 baht for 'postage'.

Three weeks is not much help if you're applying for a driver's license, and completely useless if you are trying to register a vehicle...

I have no respect for people afraid to rock the boat in the face of extortion...

I have been going to Korat Immigration for almost 10 years now and never had a problem. I have found them most helpful and I have been getting receipts for everything. This past year was a little different as the people I usually dealt with had been promoted and the fill in were not as good.

+1 Being going there for 2 yrs. and never had a problem. They're generally nice and friendly.

The fact that many offices charge for it (no receipt) is just evidence of the depth and breadth of their corruption.

Strangely, there is one window at Chaeng Wattana where the scam is weirder: the lady insists that it takes thtee weeks, and will only do it by mail. 100 baht for 'postage'.

Three weeks is not much help if you're applying for a driver's license, and completely useless if you are trying to register a vehicle...

I have no respect for people afraid to rock the boat in the face of extortion...

rocking the boat gets you NOWHERE in thailand you will sink,then pay to be rescued.

Immigration are not the only office that can supply a C of R.

I used to get mine (free) from the local Police station before I got a Tabian Baan.

Other expats have also had them supplied by the local Amphur office (free).

Your Embassy can supply one, but expensive and last option.

Officially it's free, and it always used to be free at Korat immigration, but they've been charging 500 baht with no receipt for about 5 or 6 years now. If you complain you won't get one!

You can get one from your Embassy, but if you're British they'll charge you 2565 baht for it! I think other Embassies charge less, but still a lot more than 500 baht.

I've never tried getting one from the local police or tourist police, as I consider 500 baht once in 5 years is not a problem.

I used to get mine (free) from the local Police station before I got a Tabian Baan.

Talia Bann -- you're in the Taliaban?

I beg to differ khwaibah.I got one at KCI 3 weeks ago and used it last Friday to renew my5 year DL. I just walked in,checked paperwork with the girl on the left then went inside.Ticket machine still not working so i sat in the front.Was told not to sit there as it was for visa ext.,so back row for me.There were 2 of us there besides the immi boys.My bum hadn't even hit the chair and i was called up.He signed off and i was off with my tourist friends to Chong Jom market.I here a lot of bad reports about KCI but so far they have done the job for me.

The CR is 500 Baht, but if you go too the trouble of getting a yellow book you will never have to get a CR again job done, it also help to get you into National parks at the Thai price but not always.

It's only 500 baht if you pay,don't pay and it is free.The Yellow book is my next battle as my amphur wont give one to blokes that are not married.This is clearly wrong,but one battle at a time.

Not alone brother. I was at Pattaya/jontiem/chonburi Immigration today and

brought several copies of every document issued to me since my birth 81 years ago. Ha, I foolishly thought, now they have no reason to shout " Kopee.

kopee,kopee" at me & send me to the very convenient copy shop next door, whocharges double + the street price for copies.Very busy shop which I believeis at least partially owned by Immigration.

I WAS WRONG, THEY WANTED COPIES OF THE COPIES !

Made R.C. today at Jomtien Immigration Office, 300b, 30min, No Receipt. Last year it was 100b, but I can't be 100% sure. (Old Age Creeping In). Next step Government office to get Yellow Book!

I paid 300b a couple of years ago for an RC. Can't remember about a receipt but I would not have

asked for one. At the time I did not know it was a no charge item but what can you do. Make a stink

and have your name added to a special harassment file. I am sure they do not do that but if enough

buck the "service charge" and insist on receipts it could happen. At least 300 is not overly greedy.

At least it was quick. 15-20 minutes. Oh well. blink.png

I beg to differ khwaibah.I got one at KCI 3 weeks ago and used it last Friday to renew my5 year DL. I just walked in,checked paperwork with the girl on the left then went inside.Ticket machine still not working so i sat in the front.Was told not to sit there as it was for visa ext.,so back row for me.There were 2 of us there besides the immi boys.My bum hadn't even hit the chair and i was called up.He signed off and i was off with my tourist friends to Chong Jom market.I here a lot of bad reports about KCI but so far they have done the job for me.

Sometimes it's your appearance and attitude that counts. Show them respect and it's usually returned.

Talia Bann -- you're in the Taliaban?

No, no, I joined the Tabian Baan club and they gave me a Yellow Book. smile.png

The CR is 500 Baht, but if you go too the trouble of getting a yellow book you will never have to get a CR again job done, it also help to get you into National parks at the Thai price but not always.

It's only 500 baht if you pay,don't pay and it is free.The Yellow book is my next battle as my amphur wont give one to blokes that are not married.This is clearly wrong,but one battle at a time.

Just to clarify: Are you saying you got a certificate of residence "free" @ Kap Choeng?

Sometimes it's your appearance and attitude that counts. Show them respect and it's usually returned.

Not Always.

I always show respect at first, but I have found a total pig on the other side of the counter, not always but sometimes.coffee1.gif

rocking the boat gets you NOWHERE in thailand you will sink,then pay to be rescued.

What I was referring to was kwaibah"s whining about people's complaints causing IOs to stop issuing CRs.

AKA, blaming the victim.

As for how to get things done in Thailand, this is not my first trip around the block, and, generally, I agree with you.

Archived