Immigration korat, no receipts .

ableguy

You could have to use Kap Choeng Immigration. Because of complaints like yours they said fine get it somewhere else and stopped issuing them at all.

KCI has not issued a walk in CR in about 12 months. You have to jump through hoops the get one. There is no law that says immigration has to issue a CR.

Nonsense. It is listed as free.

The fact that many offices charge for it (no receipt) is just evidence of the depth and breadth of their corruption.

Strangely, there is one window at Chaeng Wattana where the scam is weirder: the lady insists that it takes thtee weeks, and will only do it by mail. 100 baht for 'postage'.

Three weeks is not much help if you're applying for a driver's license, and completely useless if you are trying to register a vehicle...

I have no respect for people afraid to rock the boat in the face of extortion...

rocking the boat gets you NOWHERE in thailand you will sink,then pay to be rescued.

What I was referring to was kwaibah"s whining about people's complaints causing IOs to stop issuing CRs.

AKA, blaming the victim.

As for how to get things done in Thailand, this is not my first trip around the block, and, generally, I agree with you.

Ah poor baby..tongue.png

No receipt = Corruption = Theft.

British Embassy Bangkok. Letter for income cost is now 2565 baht plus 100 baht for postage. Total of 2565 baht. RECIPT = Corruption = Theft. Get a receipt and you still get $%#@$%.

You condone corruption,

The residency letter at Immigration is / should be free of charge.

No doubt of choose to skip that bit.

British Embassy Bangkok. Letter for income cost is now 2565 baht plus 100 baht for postage. Total of 2565 baht. RECIPT = Corruption = Theft. Get a receipt and you still get $%#@$%.

You condone corruption,

The residency letter at Immigration is / should be free of charge.

No doubt of choose to skip that bit.

The British are at their embassy.

Edited by khwaibah

No, that is over-charging (still screwing you, I agree) but the fund finish up in the government's coffers.

The corruption/theft at KCI (and others) does not.

Kap Choeng Immigration no longer charge for residency letters - I got one last week.

No, that is over-charging (still screwing you, I agree) but the fund finish up in the government's coffers.

Kap Choeng Immigration no longer charge for residency letters - I got one last week.

Call it what you want its still wrong either way. Hope KCI keeps it free but will need to see more reports. An American last week received his retirement extension with no 30 day under consideration. This may be a one off also or they mat be changing. Stay tuned.

Call it what you want its still wrong either way. Hope KCI keeps it free but will need to see more reports. An American last week received his retirement extension with no 30 day under consideration. This may be a one off also or they mat be changing. Stay tuned.

What do you mean?? There has never been a 30 day consideration for retirement extensions, that is only for marriage extensions and is still in force.

HL biggrin.png

"What do you mean?? There has never been a 30 day consideration for retirement extensions, that is only for marriage extensions and is still in force.

HL biggrin.png"

There has at Kap Choeng immigration since June. Right or wrong individuals are still going through this. Same but only more in-depth than marriage.