TRUE Happiness?

fang37

I would like to buy some. I heard that it is on sale at LOTUS - this week only!

Many expats come to LOS looking for a teeruk. She will MAKE him happy. Such power she has? Add to that the lady-night industry.

New religion is heavily into this too.

When we are sad, we take to cigs, booze, illicit drugs - I wanna "feel good" medication.

Then, we strive for $$$, property, travel. Get a great job - power over others.

Others are envious of what I have. Great!

BUT, where is real happiness? I read that it is within. The more you help others, the more happiness comes to you.

If $$$ was the answer, all the rich people would be happy. All the poor people - not so.

In many cases, it is the opposite.

The rich dudes desire more & have fear of losing it.

The others are content with whatever they have.

TRUE happiness is sitting on a bar-stool in a sleazy Thai bar-beer; drinking Thai beer with ice; alone; shitty music; same bar-maids.

Of course, farang food is # 1!

HAPPINESS IS A CIGAR CALLED HAMLET.biggrin.png

and if i was served that crap on the plate i would be far from HAPPY.bah.gif

TRUE happiness is sitting on a bar-stool in a sleazy Thai bar-beer; drinking Thai beer with ice; alone; shitty music; same bar-maids.

Those chips look like they may have been served at the Last Supper.

Sir, we have just come back from our VIP room. We have 2 Havanas left. For you, a mere B1000 each or both for B1900.

Just to spoil you even more, we have searched high & low. We have 2 beef sausages - yesterday's customer threw them in our face. Low, low class - I don't like him again.

...find it strange - and telling in a way - that your post attracts such few responses. perhaps no one really knows how to do that. i have met very few happy people in my life who claimed to be happy and most of them i either did not believe or i thought they had 'a screw loose'.

for me, leading a happy life is having a good day every 4 to 6 weeks and sometimes 2 or 3 good days in a row.

true happiness evaporated with my childhood. and so did contentment, cosiness, maternal warmth. from the moment i stopped sucking my mother's breast i embarked on a quest to find another, better one - and that has stood as an obstacle in my path to eternal happiness until today.

perhaps once i finally give up on pursuing a sex life and come to terms with being an old fart, when dementia takes over and ambition fades away, happiness will kick in again??? can't wait to find out - and won't either.

...find it strange - and telling in a way - that your post attracts such few responses. perhaps no one really knows how to do that. i have met very few happy people in my life who claimed to be happy and most of them i either did not believe or i thought they had 'a screw loose'.

for me, leading a happy life is having a good day every 4 to 6 weeks and sometimes 2 or 3 good days in a row.

true happiness evaporated with my childhood. and so did contentment, cosiness, maternal warmth. from the moment i stopped sucking my mother's breast i embarked on a quest to find another, better one - and that has stood as an obstacle in my path to eternal happiness until today.

perhaps once i finally give up on pursuing a sex life and come to terms with being an old fart, when dementia takes over and ambition fades away, happiness will kick in again??? can't wait to find out - and won't either.

Perhaps the lack of response is a bit strange because, well fang37 seems a bit strange LOL.

Perhaps the lack of response is a bit strange because, well fang37 seems a bit strange LOL.

Thank you for the compliment, DH!

My guess is that this topic is far above your intellectual ability.

First of all you need to understand that happiness is an emotion, not a permanant state of conciousness that can be obtained.

happiness comes and goes, as does anger, sadness etc.

If youre always striving for happiness, you will always be disapointed.

Life can be crule. Some of us are dealt a better hand than others.

It helps to compare oneself to those less fortunate than those more fortunate.

First of all you need to understand that happiness is an emotion, not a permanant state of conciousness that can be obtained.

happiness comes and goes, as does anger, sadness etc.

If youre always striving for happiness, you will always be disapointed.

Life can be crule. Some of us are dealt a better hand than others.

It helps to compare oneself to those less fortunate than those more fortunate.

So find out what doesn't come and go.

Happiness is conscious choice at which you need to work.

You have techniques such as transcendental mediation that can mechanically make you happy... by clearing your mind, getting rid of negatives thoughts, dealing with fears, etc.

You become less dependent of factors such as luck/money/social status, etc, so if the shit hits the fan, you are less vulnerable.

Check out the prices on the early adverts for Happiness is a cigar called Hamlet.

Edited by billd766

i think KEN DOD summed it up when he visited thailand.and released these songs.

ONCE IN EVERY LIFETIME.licklips.gif

ITS LOVEwub.png

PROMISES.

TEARS.crying.gif

BROKEN HEARTED.sad.png

AND JUST FOR MEATBOY,HAPPINESS,HAPPINESS THE GREATEST GIFT THAT I POCESS,I THANK THE LORD FOR GIVING ME MORE THAN MY SHARE

OF HAPPINESS.thumbsup.gifbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Perhaps true happiness can be found in Fang with one's teeruk!

One can't be "happy" every minute of the day, every day of the year. It's more about overall contentment, comfort, accepting things as they, not having to worry about finances or health. Of course, everyone is different, so impossible to say what makes other people happy.

One can't be "happy" every minute of the day, every day of the year. It's more about overall contentment, comfort, accepting things as they, not having to worry about finances or health. Of course, everyone is different, so impossible to say what makes other people happy.

Beautifully written, kind Sir.

Peace be with you today & forever more.

I CAN. THE ABOVE SUMS ME UP TO A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.