The large lot near Friendship Pattaya Tai ... what's going to be built there?

Jingthing

I'm sure many have noticed that there is a very large section near Friendship that is now blocked off with a fence. Seems this might be the beginnings of a major construction project of some kind. Any clues as to what they will be building there?

I sure liked it the way it was. The Frame Cafe was a treasure and not too bad food and coffee. A couple of frame shops were behind the cafe (sorta hidden) and really good value. Actually a little community back there. Sad, but what the heck. Pattaya's growth reminds me of a malignancy. It blows me away. I used to be sorta liberal but I guess I've aged into a dumb conservative and resist change.

BTW, if you are interested in that area, three new eateries are across the street from Friendship. A sit down Thai food place that seems expensive but I have not tried it. A place called the Soft Rock Cafe is near to opening and another one featuring a wide variety of polenta and polenta taragna just opened today. I'm looking forward to trying it.

BTW, if you are interested in that area, three new eateries are across the street from Friendship. A sit down Thai food place that seems expensive but I have not tried it. A place called the Soft Rock Cafe is near to opening and another one featuring a wide variety of polenta and polenta taragna just opened today. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Yeah, we've been discussing Mr. Polenta here:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/608166-the-hit-and-run-restaurant-review-thread/?p=9921590

I think it's been open already for a few weeks, but yes, the place is very new.

Edited by Jingthing

I dont know what that area is intended to be but just a short walk away there is also another very large area that has been cleared towards the very end of 3rd Road, about halfway between the flyover and saisong16. They demolished a variety of shops, bars and lean-to restaurants etc.

I would have thought that either area could be used for a condo development.

I sure liked it the way it was. The Frame Cafe was a treasure and not too bad food and coffee. A couple of frame shops were behind the cafe (sorta hidden) and really good value. Actually a little community back there. Sad, but what the heck. Pattaya's growth reminds me of a malignancy. It blows me away. I used to be sorta liberal but I guess I've aged into a dumb conservative and resist change.

The reason Pattaya's growth is malignant (uncontrolled ) is because the laws of supply and demand do not apply to developers who are not concerned about not getting a return.

And now on Pattaya Nua across from Fairfax is another massive project starting. And the project between Soi 5 and Soi 6 on Beach rd. That area was a small retail coffee shops community

I guess there aint gonna be no end to this destruction/development.

Edited by morrobay

What you see occurring here is no different then what happens in any Third world country with a small city Thats is growing very fast. They will always knock down small places to build bigger ones. 10 years ago I lived on Soi One , it was mostly single family homes on large one Rai lots., now its mostly Condo buildings or Hotels. This has happened numerous times over the years and will continue to do so.

What you see occurring here is no different then what happens in any Third world country with a small city Thats is growing very fast. They will always knock down small places to build bigger ones. 10 years ago I lived on Soi One , it was mostly single family homes on large one Rai lots., now its mostly Condo buildings or Hotels. This has happened numerous times over the years and will continue to do so.

" no different then what happens in any Third world country "

but it is very different in that no one in authority seems to make any effort to change or upgrade traffic management plans as the fast growth occurs.blink.png so expect even more gridlocked traffic