Neighbours building / extending their property to the boundary wall which your the other side off

The law I believe states that they can build to within 50cm of the boundary. If they do they cannot have any windows on that side of the house, nor glass bricks that can emit light onto your property. I have been through this with a new house being built on a 9 mtr wide plot next to me. They built the walls within 30 cm of the boundary and their plans included windows and a roof overhang that would have dumped all their water onto our land.

My wife tried talking with them politely about the law, but the neighbour started getting angry with her, so she put her foot down and they had to dig up the columns and beams on our side and move them 20 cm. You don't piss my wife off!

As you can imagine, the neighbours don't talk to us.

We were lied to by out Thai neighbour, they initially said they were putting up the Thai style privet fence along one of our boundaries.

Turned out they tried to steal about 500 square metres of our land. So I insisted that they got the land office involved and establish real planning permission, which they eventually did, lost the 500 M they tried to steal.

Trees and overhang as far as I was told by the land office, if it encroaches on you land you can remove it. It seems a bit different to UK Law, in the UK if you cut their trees you have to throw it into their land, here it appears you have to keep it.

Anyway, we no longer have friends next door, the tea tree privet hedge is now a 6 foot high barbed wire fence.

Stuff them, stick to your guns or they will end up living in your front room.

You either stick to your guns, or you defer and become someone else's bit*h. The barbed wire fence, in your case, sounds like a fine idea. Now plant a hedge row along it and you won't even have to see them anymore.

Most people already have a fence or wall there.

What do you suggest when they try to remove that fence or break it, or build on it?

Or if they reach over the fence and cut trees, or walk around the fence and destroy your garden?

Building a bigger fence or adding razor wire could work, unless it makes them angrier then they already are.

Getting physical they will claim they were working on the fence or getting something dropped over the wall. Similar response if calling the cops. They could also be bigger then you or come over in pairs.

The one option I considered was to get a dog and simply releasing the dog on my side, and then just blaming whatever happened on the dog.

Edited by fey