Thai Navy will buy submarines

webfact

Whos going to sail them.. I would like to see that

All jokes aside what would the purpose be ?

Petty fisherman from other asian countries. Hardly worth the trouble. The fuel bill would be more than the effort

"All jokes aside what would the purpose be ?"

When this was first suggested one of the reasons they gave for buying the subs was that this would make the neighboring countries in awe of Thailand. IMHO this is clearly not necessary as they are already completely awed by the projection of naval air power through the proud and mighty aircraft carrier that plow the Thai seas (once in a blue moon).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A good few days ago it was announced that the money was not available at this time to buy---it said deferred.

Now look at this topic.

I go with the flow of the PM and what the guy is trying in a short space of time to mend decades of DUNG administration.

Let all and sundry understand the decision is the most stupid yet as the waters are not deep enough for submarines to operate functionally. Could so easily be detected. Submarines to protect from WHO ?????? Burma---Cambodia---Vietnam-----Laos Ha ha ha.

Laughable PM----embarrassing PM STOP this waste of public money-----put it into free health care---and after care. (take note Jag and others that think I am a army lover)

"(take note Jag and others that think I am a army lover) "

Oh, I still think you're an army lover but you might not be so enamored with the navy...coffee1.gif

All the nice boys love a sailor.

"He claimed it is important for the public to understand the importance of the protection of marine resources"

I honestly did not know that commission for navy commanders was called marine resources.

No, no, no, nooooo, you didnt understand, it was his tinglish that was mispelt,

he said "mine resources" which when corrected reads "my resources"

and that of course, is his No#1 commission.

You silly dufferthumbsup.gif

Edited by kaorop

As much as I think it's a ridiculous idea, it's their country so let them waste the peoples money any way they see fit. Until the Thai population starts demanding better governance than I say som nom na. They will look great rusting alongside their aircraft carrier.

"Until the Thai population starts demanding better governance ..." The four elections won in a row by various manifestations of the RedShirts don't count?

They definitely don't count.

Well, aren't you a sore loser.

Was there ever any doubt the purchase would go ahead ?

All the previous nonsense about the navy having to re-submit their request with more convincing justifications was just so much BS designed to con the public.

Don't worry -- nothing is happening right now. When a Dusit Poll comes out saying that 96 % of Thais believe that submarines are vital to protect Thailand's resources, you will know that the purchase is imminent.

When the Dusit Poll comes out saying that Thais are 92% in favor of the Navy buying submarines, then you will know that the deal is done.

A real slap in the face for rice farmers who are facing a reportedly severe drought, and are being told by the government not to plant their dry-season crop.

It’s hard to find anything complimentary to say about this news, especially as it comes at a time when the government has told rice farmers there is insufficient funds available for financial aid.

It's scandalous. Will never eventuate, and billions of baht will "go missing".

And as the old joke goes....

when the Thai Navy buys a new submarine, and you're not surprised when the first thing they do is remove the exhaust-mufflers and hang a garland from the rear view mirror.

A good few days ago it was announced that the money was not available at this time to buy---it said deferred.

Now look at this topic.

I go with the flow of the PM and what the guy is trying in a short space of time to mend decades of DUNG administration.

Let all and sundry understand the decision is the most stupid yet as the waters are not deep enough for submarines to operate functionally. Could so easily be detected. Submarines to protect from WHO ?????? Burma---Cambodia---Vietnam-----Laos Ha ha ha.

Laughable PM----embarrassing PM STOP this waste of public money-----put it into free health care---and after care. (take note Jag and others that think I am a army lover)

Oh, I still think you're an army lover but you might not be so enamored with the navy...coffee1.gif

You people come out the woodwork when you can put the knife in -on selected subjects ------Normal TVF members cover a multitude of topics many not government related. do you get my AGENDA point. up to you people to carry on your opposition, pity it was not about PTP as well.

how much is the kick-back for the people responsible for buying the subs. will a standard bag work or do they need a shopping trolley??

oh, the bs and bu--s--t just keeps rolling.

navy upset they did not get any of the reward money from erawan!!!!! could not use a sub.

the dog and pony show just gets better.

How can the navy say, with a straight face, that they need them to protect the marine natural resources when the fishermen are fishing out the waters so fast that there won't be anything left for them to protect. Do they ever look out over the waters at night and see all the boats out in the Gulf with their lights on fishing out all the squid and anything else they can catch? This will just be another colossal waste of taxpayers money that every government believes they have the right to do!

Useless aircraft carrier, useless blimp, useless bomb detectors, helicopters that keep on crashing, the list goes on and on. The amount of money that is squandered by the Thai military is mind boggling, and yet they accuse the rice scheme of wasting money.

Doesn't the Thai public relations exist??? How many blatent lies and bullshit are we going to keep getting from so many sections of the government making them absolute idiots to everyone, in the country and the rest of the world. Maybe it is a deliberate campaign by sections of the Junta to bring the whole situation to a voilent situation thus giving them an excuse never to relinquish power. Blood will be spilled unfortunately and by people who the only crime is wanting a life free of persecution, freedom of speech, and a future for their children. The existing regime is doing their best to tear those wishes apart.

Now look at this topic.

You people come out the woodwork when you can put the knife in -on selected subjects ------Normal TVF members cover a multitude of topics many not government related. do you get my AGENDA point. up to you people to carry on your opposition, pity it was not about PTP as well.

Lord help us - the man lives eats and sleeps "agendas"!

:)

"Chicken of the seas", How can they stop and examine fishing boats and others when they're underwater? Maybe they wont dive the subs? If so then why bother with subs? What they really want are the "dolphin" badges on their uniforms, you know, to go with the ranger patches and the jump wings etc etc! thumbsup.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifgigglem.gifwai.gif