Some Volkswagen investments may be cancelled, says CEO Müller

webfact

Some Volkswagen investments may be cancelled, says CEO Müller

606x341_314772.jpg

WOLFSBURG: -- Volkswagen’s new boss has told its beleaguered workforce that the carmaker needs to make “massive savings” as it faces a potentially huge bill from the diesel emissions scandal.

There were messages at the meeting in Wolfsburg aimed at boosting morale in the wake of the recent storm. One female employee sported a T-shirt saying “Ein Team, Eine Familie” – “One Team, One Family”.

But Matthias Müller refused to rule out possible job cuts among the 600,000-strong workforce, adding that VW would be reviewing investment.

Anything that was not absolutely necessary would be cancelled or postponed, he said. This would not be a “painless process”.

By Wednesday Volkswagen must outline its plan to the German authorities to fix the 11 million affected vehicles worldwide.

Shares in the company have fallen by 40 percent since the scandal broke, wiping 30 billion euros off its value.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2015-10-07

What are they going to do for the 11 million buyers who bought these POS polluting vehicles? If the sensors are replaced the engines will have to lose a lot of power to stay clean or they'll pollute like they do now. In other words the cars will either have to run in that test mode to burn clean or pollute.

I think VW should have to buy every one of those cars back at original purchase price and let the consumers clear off the hook. I hate cheaters.

VW manufactures a lot of cars in the US in an awesome, awesome place - Chattanooga Tennessee. Google Earth. I wish they'd just take their POS cars and factories back to Germany and stop polluting the US.

Edited by NeverSure

What are they going to do for the 11 million buyers who bought these POS polluting vehicles? If the sensors are replaced the engines will have to lose a lot of power to stay clean or they'll pollute like they do now. In other words the cars will either have to run in that test mode to burn clean or pollute.

I think VW should have to buy every one of those cars back at original purchase price and let the consumers clear off the hook. I hate cheaters.

VW manufactures a lot of cars in the US in an awesome, awesome place - Chattanooga Tennessee. Google Earth. I wish they'd just take their POS cars and factories back to Germany and stop polluting the US.

What a croc of sh..t. Why would they need to replace sensors ? and you would be happy for all the people working at VW in awesome, awesome Chattanooga to lose their jobs.

Sure VW should be punished for their error and all the engines have their software changed but you need some perspective.

What a croc of sh..t. Why would they need to replace sensors ? and you would be happy for all the people working at VW in awesome, awesome Chattanooga to lose their jobs.

Sure VW should be punished for their error and all the engines have their software changed but you need some perspective.

It was not just a mistake. it was cheating software and when challenged in 2014 they continued to lie. People who bought VW cars in good faith should not lose out because of a cheating company.