Importing beer into Thailand from the UK - who are the best importers?

piersbeckett

I made an enquiry of the UK brewer Timothy Taylor recently regarding obtaining their "Landlord" IPA in Thailand - I've now had a reply from their export agent asking me who I think the best beer importer in Thailand is as they would like to export the beer over here.

As I've had no dealings with companies exporting beer into Thailand, I wondered if any T.V. members might be able to enlighten me.

I thank you in advance for any information likely to assist in recommending an importer as possibly the best available.

Contact the people at wish beer.com... They are not direct importers as I understand it but will certainly be able to point you in the right direction.

Interesting site. Too bad it's all so prohibitively expensive.

Yeah, I agree, that is the trouble - imported stuff is too expensive for regular drinking but just sometimes I'd like to drink a beer that I really like.

I have been watching every night ' Doc Martin ' and in one episode through the door to the bar was seen Hicks Special Draft. Now that could be the one reason to go back to the west country. As stated above , proper imported beer is very expensive but some times you have to have a pint just to get away from lager made from filtered canal water. Oh ,no chance of getting HSD over here , they don't even export it to Devon from Cornwall.

Contact the people at wish beer.com... They are not direct importers as I understand it but will certainly be able to point you in the right direction.

Interesting site. Too bad it's all so prohibitively expensive.

You all know the temperatures beer should be stored. It should be 6 to 12 centigrades, for the beer to maintain freshness over a longer period.

Therefore it is essential to know, how the beer is being stored and transported, as you might end up with a barrel or bottles, which became stale and bitter.

Jerome from Wishbeer wrote to me upon my request lateley: "...We're buying our beers from local importers so we don't ship them from Germany. They are stored at ambient temperature in an aircon room (around 25 celcius). We are using a local transport company to ship the beers to Hatyai which usually takes 24-48 hours. The filling date depends on the beer and the batch, so difficult to say...".

"....business for over 2 years with nationwide deliveries (including Hatyai), and we've never had any issue or complaints regarding beer quality. I can only suggest you to try our delivery service and see for yourself if it works for you".

I'd rather would spend 200 or 300THB more for a five litre barrel, and have a guarantee, that the beer is stored - with the refrigeration chain remaining uninterrupted along the way.

Landlord is a good pint....shame it will be likely 380 Baht by the time the life is taxed out of it.

Waaaay too expensive when I can get Leo for 100 Baht.

I think methelated spirits is even cheaper.

I love good beer mate but all the places in Bangkok are super expensive then insult me by charging ++ on top.

Yes I'm not getting the afterglow...and that's important to a drinker.

Being anti all things alchol related. If you're serious, you need a lawyer. I can refer you to a good one. He is UK - BKK.

Thank you for that but I'm only a buyer and an occasional one at that and only for personal consumption; you may be anti-alcohol and many would argue that's an admirable sentiment but I, myself, hope the day never comes when I'll need a lawyer in order to purchase beer.

Landlord is a good pint....shame it will be likely 380 Baht by the time the life is taxed out of it.

Waaaay too expensive when I can get Leo for 100 Baht.

I think methelated spirits is even cheaper.
I love good beer mate but all the places in Bangkok are super expensive then insult me by charging ++ on top.

Yes I'm not getting the afterglow...and that's important to a drinker.

Being a Keighley lad, I have been spoilt by having Timothy Taylors in our town, all Taylors beers are nectar of the gods. I cannot find Thai beers palatable at all, maybe because they are made with rice.

Archived