What's Your Biggest Challenge "hassle" With Day to Day Living in Pattaya

SoCal5252

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.grumpy expats that complain about almost everything....

2. mototcy motocy every 20 meters

3.hello massage handsome man

Really, have you ever tried to place your foot outside the bar areas ?

I miss all the nice Russian folk. Good thing the Chinese are starting to show up in higher numbers.....Maybe Thailand will catch a break and be able to increase the amount of millions of fun loving people from the sub-continent as well......

They also have smaller peters which makes it easier on all of us.

The only thing that bothers me is that they allow Thai males in Pattaya. Why do they need to be here none are happy! go back home and your lady can send the money there smile.png

This goes through my mind every single day as well. The beatings, rapes, intimidation, extremely dangerous driving, constant smoking, and robberies are 99% by Thai men.

Speeding drivers/riders, inland air quality when it doesn't rain after a few days and dog shit on the sidewalks; otherwise the positives outweigh the negatives.....so far.

Interestingly, in S. Vietnam cities with heavier traffic the drivers/riders stay within 'formation and there's no dog shit on the sidwalks,' but yeah the infrastructure and public works are still underdeveloped compared to even Thailand's smaller cities.

Keep flexible as "impermanence" is a good Buddhist mantra.

P.S. When on "holiday" from Thailand, I stay in California and Hawaiian beach cities which have good air quality, slow/heavy traffic and no dog shit on the sidewalks; but it's very dangerous to ride my bicycle/push-bike as drivers are unaware plus it's too expensive to live permanently :).

Edited by losgrad

Speeding drivers/riders, inland air quality when it doesn't rain after a few days and dog shit on the sidewalks; otherwise the positives outweigh the negatives.....so far.

Interestingly, in S. Vietnam cities with heavier traffic the drivers/riders stay within 'formation and there's no dog shit on the sidwalks,' but yeah the infrastructure and public works are still underdeveloped compared to even Thailand's smaller cities.

Keep flexible as "impermanence" is a good Buddhist mantra.

P.S. When on "holiday" from Thailand, I stay in California and Hawaiian beach cities which have good air quality, slow/heavy traffic and no dog shit on the sidewalks; but it's very dangerous to ride my bicycle/push-bike as drivers are unaware plus it's too expensive to live permanently smile.png.

That's because they ate all the dogs, years ago gigglem.gif

I say "love it or leave it."

My only angst comes from the flies that love to land on me. Annoying but not painful.

Slafiiphos ' What is that fly that keeps buzzing around me ' ?

Reply ' That is the horse's ass fly'

Slafriphos ' Are you saying I am a horse's ass' ?

Reply ' No, but you sure got that fly fooled!'

pattaya government experiment.

if you live there, IQ must be below 80

then they use you to do many tests.........and of course you have no idea.

code name, "walking street"

Even with an IQ of 70 something (I wish!), we're still probably better off than the wise guys stumbling around in the back of beyond.

• 2 weeks later...

If you think Thailand is a third world, perhaps it's time to go 2 weeks to the Philippines. Thailand is always a breath of fresh air after coming from the Philippines: organized, cheap+good hotels, easy and ridiculous cheap transportation, edible food, safe. (although Pinoys speak English, don't do double pricing and are more friendly and girls more sexy, but that's it)

You can wake up each morning and make a decision that all things are bad or you can accept them. I came here years ago did my research on many places in this country and numerous other SouthEast Asia Countries and because of the numerous benefits especially cost of living compared to that at home, and a large variety of places to eat and venues to spend a night out, I decided on Pattaya.

I also understand that this is a THIRD WORLD country, so right away I'am not going to get upset about all the things that are not the same as they are at home, If I wanted things that way I'd stay at home and a lot of the Moaners here should have, Unfortunately Thats the only bad part of this place.

If you travel to any Third world country you will find everything the same. The Thai's are not going to do anything just to suit the retired expat living here or the Tourist, although the tourist will be higher on the list as they spend more. In any Third World Country its mostly about Politicians and Bureaucrats doing what they can to appease the locals / Thai voters and put Money into there pocket.

Being Happy here is Easy, Accept it for what it is and enjoy it, because anytype of change to anything looking like you might have enjoyed back home is going to be very slow in happening and it won't be in our lifetime if it does happen.

GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST.

Edited by flyDelight