Sky Train Switching Lines?

rak sa_ngop

Had a few happy hour beers in O'Reilly's last night, caught the sky-train at Sala Deeng to go to the National Stadium but after Siam Square the next stop was Ratchathewi!! i.e the Silom train had switched tracks to go to Mochit. Is this something new or is it that I have never noticed before?

The switching point is between the Erawan Hotel and Siam Square. I assume that all units 'live' at Mo Chit and you were possibly on the last train which was going home to bed. First runs in a morning may be similar with alternate trains from Mo Chit showing On Nut & Saphan Thaksin until the allocation of units for the Silom line is completed.

Had a few happy hour beers in O'Reilly's last night, :D:o caught the sky-train at Sala Deeng to go to the National Stadium but after Siam Square the next stop was Ratchathewi!! i.e the Silom train had switched tracks to go to Mochit. Is this something new or is it that I have never noticed before?

What time of the night were you on board that train? It's not possible that the train was diverted to Mo Chit as a last train without the train first being inspected for passengers. Everytime the train reaches Saphan Taksin, there's an attendant walking up all carriages and asking any remaining passenger to alight.

Guardian

What time of the night were you on board that train? It's not possible that the train was diverted to Mo Chit as a last train without the train first being inspected for passengers. Everytime the train reaches Saphan Taksin, there's an attendant walking up all carriages and asking any remaining passenger to alight.

Guardian

That was what was strange. It was only 7.30 pm and the rest of the train-full of passengers seemed to know it was going Mochit. It obviously said Mochit at the front of the train but who bothers reading it when you know the train always (used to) goes to National Stadium.

I think this happens in the evening hours every night. If you listen to the speaker in the BTS, it says the train will change route at Siam and will continue to Ratchathewi. If you want to go to national stadium you have to get out and wait for the next one. Not sure why they do this, but probably it's not busy in the evening at National Stadium and they use less trains.

What i never thought about, where they leave all the trains at night?

All trains are parked at Mo Chit every night. As I said in my early reply, early morning trains from Mo Chit possibly alternate between On Nut and Saphan Thaksin. In the evening when the rush hour is over, they will start pulling trains out of sevice. The interval between trains in the evening will increase

All trains are parked at Mo Chit every night. As I said in my early reply, early morning trains from Mo Chit possibly alternate between On Nut and Saphan Thaksin. In the evening when the rush hour is over, they will start pulling trains out of sevice. The interval between trains in the evening will increase

Thanks, mystery solved. Wasn't the beer after all!