Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

More than 8 years ago I had no problems with extensions for retirement. For myself, I had no problems walking in for extensions until 4 or 5 years ago...

In addition, the documentation has not changed one bit for me during all of my extensions.

Same here.

Until about 5 or 6 years ago, I just poped into CM Imm Off at a decent day time and my retirement extension was kindly processed.

But things have changed and we have to move with that... Not a big deal once in a year rolleyes.gif

No change in requirements as well, except about 8 years ago CM Imm Off droped the required "health certificate" tongue.png

All this story is a loud bang for a tiny spark, me think...

smile.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were there at 4.30am this morning, third in the queue. The first one there was a young boy who was representing the visa agents, he said he had three passports to deal with, but when the time came he was replaced by a woman who only had one customer with her, so as number 3 We were done by 10.15 and have been told to return after 1.30pm to collect my passport. If I am in and out in ten minutes I will be a very happy chappie, but I doubt that will happen.

From what I observed 90 days and re-entry desks were running smoothly and they were getting through the numbers very swiftly.

But what pissed me off was that the ONE woman doing retirement extensions did not actually start processing any until well after 9am, she was there from 8.30, just doing nothing but talking on her mobile!!It also appears that some people still had internet appointments as one was called before me, so I can only imagine that these had been booked a long time ago?

We were there at 4.30am this morning, third in the queue. The first one there was a young boy who was representing the visa agents, he said he had three passports to deal with, but when the time came he was replaced by a woman who only had one customer with her, so as number 3 We were done by 10.15 and have been told to return after 1.30pm to collect my passport. If I am in and out in ten minutes I will be a very happy chappie, but I doubt that will happen.

From what I observed 90 days and re-entry desks were running smoothly and they were getting through the numbers very swiftly.

But what pissed me off was that the ONE woman doing retirement extensions did not actually start processing any until well after 9am, she was there from 8.30, just doing nothing but talking on her mobile!!It also appears that some people still had internet appointments as one was called before me, so I can only imagine that these had been booked a long time ago?

Good report Thai Pauly.

Did they distribute all 20 retirement queue tickets today?

Did you happen to note what queue number went to people who showed up at, say, 7:30 am or even 8:15 am?

And yes, it still has been less than 100 days since they took down the on-line queue, so there are people with on-line appointments to be processed.

Good report Thai Pauly.

Did you happen to note what queue number went to people who showed up at, say, 7:30 am or even 8:15 am?

And yes, it still has been less than 100 days since they took down the on-line queue, so there are people with on-line appointments to be processed.[/quote)

I don't think anyone got turned away today, I went outside for a crafty smoke just after we got inside and there was nobody hanging around. I could not tell you what numbers people who showed up at 7.30 got though.

As far as getting the passport back,just a 20 minute wait, so that'it for another year yippee!!!

Hopefully mentioned many times before.

The online appointment webpage never did make it clear what it was to be used for!

Much comment has been made about visa agents abusing the system, but from what I hear the bigger problem was from those using it for ineligible 90-day reports/re-entry permits and such.

Yes, I think most people would agree the best solution would be to have a functional on-line queue system and one much better than they had before, with adequate appointments and the ability to cancel your appointments easily.

However, the management of CM Immigration doesn't feel this is a priority and point out that they aren't distributing 20 queue tickets for retirement extensions each morning now. They say -- don't worry -- when it gets busy we'll bring on another officer and everything will be fine.

My suggestion about the need to continue to observe the early morning queue ticket distribution process is to make sure this is true. That people aren't getting turned away. Also to let people know that they don't need to arrive at zero-dark-thirty and stumble around in the unsafe conditions in the dark at Promenada in order to get a retirement queue ticket. And that visa agents aren't taking all 20 queue tickets. To be sure that the story Immigration is telling the Consuls, Embassies and others is true.

well that is not true , they ran out yesterday. i was there and there where more than 25 in the line for retirement . by 6 30 am .they must have read your report on monday as i did . but as we all know every day is different at im . i my self did not trust what was said about not giving out all the numbers. so we arrived there at 4 30 am to see if this was true . it was funny my wife and i beat all the agents and had spot one in the retirement and 90 day . the agents arrived at 5 30 am took the next 6 spots behind me. they where a bit shocked we where there. )).

my wife and i where doing her 90 day plus both of our yearly extensions and 2 multi entry and her cert ot residency . well we where done with the 90 day and both extensions by 9 30 am. had we been at the old one (airport) we would have had all completed by 11 am or so my guess. so we had as all know wait till 1 30 pm for our passports . ( got them at about 2 pm ) at 1 pm they where just starting #11 on the retirement Q. that had given all them out . there where some that used the agent next door when they ran out

so by 2 00 pm we had our passports . now remember i was the first one in the Q. and was getting our multi entry and res . finished all and was heading home by 2;30 pm . so i am not sure its as fixed as you may think / all the people at im where great very nice. the new waiting area is good . and more staff to process more would be great , or go with scanners like pattaya for 90 days , ect any way its much better than the last time i was there for my 90 day in august. oh and by 2 30 pm when we left they where on #15 on the retirement Q;

and they did both of us at the same time for the retirement , and they did not ask for a tm30. like some have said here. lease worked just fine, i had income statement from us consulate . did not get a 30 day pending stamp.got the normal 1 yr stamp

Hopefully mentioned many times before.

The online appointment webpage never did make it clear what it was to be used for!

Much comment has been made about visa agents abusing the system, but from what I hear the bigger problem was from those using it for ineligible 90-day reports/re-entry permits and such.

I know a fellow who made two of them in case the first one didn't work.

Good report Thai Pauly.

And yes, it still has been less than 100 days since they took down the on-line queue, so there are people with on-line appointments to be processed.

I was also there today for a retirement extension, and had a 1:30 pm appointment. I was finished around 1:50, but had to wait to get my passport back at 4:30 pm. Like earlier years I wasn't asked for proof of address.

Sophon

A professional system would recognise a double entry and block accordingly, not allowing a same applicant to book twice within a given period.

This could be done by insisting all applicants accept tracking cookies, detecting a same IP address with the same name and passport numbers. Selfish people caught gumming up the works should be denied applying for visas for that year using the online system and their previous booking cancelled out.

A professional system would recognise a double entry and block accordingly, not allowing a same applicant to book twice within a given period.

This could be done by insisting all applicants accept tracking cookies, detecting a same IP address with the same name and passport numbers. Selfish people caught gumming up the works should be denied applying for visas for that year using the online system and their previous booking cancelled out.

I don't agree with what he did.

But when it comes to abusing the system the ones doing it for a 90 day are the worst.

The person did them three days apart and it would have been easy to use another computer to do the second one with.

The only way to do it would be to trace the passport numbers. Even then you could change just one number in your passport number and when you go in say you made a mistake. The system will only work when every one is allowed to book on line. As the numbers showed they averaged 22 a day and only allowed for 10 registrations a day.

I don't agree with what he did.

But when it comes to abusing the system the ones doing it for a 90 day are the worst.

The person did them three days apart and it would have been easy to use another computer to do the second one with.

The only way to do it would be to trace the passport numbers. Even then you could change just one number in your passport number and when you go in say you made a mistake. The system will only work when every one is allowed to book on line. As the numbers showed they averaged 22 a day and only allowed for 10 registrations a day.

Could be one of the reasons why immigration decided to cancel the online appointment system.

As you rightly say, unless an online system is installed that accommodates everyone, then it`s not going to work, because it is based on trust but unfortunately there are people that do not give a darn about anyone else, that mucks it up for everyone. Makes my blood boil, grrrrrr.

Good report Thai Pauly.

I was also there today for a retirement extension, and had a 1:30 pm appointment. I was finished around 1:50, but had to wait to get my passport back at 4:30 pm. Like earlier years I wasn't asked for proof of address.

Sophon

thats true the lady doing the retirement when we where tuesday at 4 30 am and got the #1 spot .she checked our paperwork gave number 001 and she did not start untill 9am as stated above as well . then 2 went before us that had medical issues , then us but she was fast

went in on oct 20 th

well that is not true , they ran out yesterday. i was there and there where more than 25 in the line for retirement . by 6 30 am .they must have read your report on monday as i did . but as we all know every day is different at im . i my self did not trust what was said about not giving out all the numbers. so we arrived there at 4 30 am to see if this was true . it was funny my wife and i beat all the agents and had spot one in the retirement and 90 day . the agents arrived at 5 30 am took the next 6 spots behind me. they where a bit shocked we where there. )).

my wife and i where doing her 90 day plus both of our yearly extensions and 2 multi entry and her cert ot residency . well we where done with the 90 day and both extensions by 9 30 am. had we been at the old one (airport) we would have had all completed by 11 am or so my guess. so we had as all know wait till 1 30 pm for our passports . ( got them at about 2 pm ) at 1 pm they where just starting #11 on the retirement Q. that had given all them out . there where some that used the agent next door when they ran out

so by 2 00 pm we had our passports . now remember i was the first one in the Q. and was getting our multi entry and res . finished all and was heading home by 2;30 pm . so i am not sure its as fixed as you may think / all the people at im where great very nice. the new waiting area is good . and more staff to process more would be great , or go with scanners like pattaya for 90 days , ect any way its much better than the last time i was there for my 90 day in august. oh and by 2 30 pm when we left they where on #15 on

Good report Thai Pauly.

Sophon

well pauly looks like the agents did not like it that i beat them all out tuesday . they where surprised i was there already , we came in the back entrance . i guess the security guard would not let them in until 5 30 am. they did ask what way we came in .

Good report Thai Pauly.

Sophon

well pauly looks like the agents did not like it that i beat them all out tuesday . they where surprised i was there already , we came in the back entrance . i guess the security guard would not let them in until 5 30 am. they did ask what way we came in .

It appears that the agents put their "beach towels" on the chairs to secure a position even if they are not there until tickets are issued.

Anyone tried putting their own "beach towel" on a chair(s) at close of business of Promenada 9.30pm? They may not be there next morning though I would guess.

No, I am not going to try.

Sophon

It appears that the agents put their "beach towels" on the chairs to secure a position even if they are not there until tickets are issued.

Anyone tried putting their own "beach towel" on a chair(s) at close of business of Promenada 9.30pm? They may not be there next morning though I would guess.

No, I am not going to try.

I am not normally a thief but there are times where it is justified.

Presumably, when the last of the online appointments has been processed, which should be in a few weeks time, they will be able to issue 30 tickets for retirement extensions.

Presumably? I wouldn`t hold your breath if I were you, but nice to keep it optimistic.

Retirement extension for 65K month option group: bankbook and copy of same and letter from bank:

I know someone, dealing with an agent , did not need to prepare any of these three. ...... Is this procedure general at CNX

for everybody in this group, or just for clients of some agents?

Retirement extension for 65K month option group: bankbook and copy of same and letter from bank:

I know someone, dealing with an agent , did not need to prepare any of these three. ...... Is this procedure general at CNX

It seems to me these 3 requirements are unnecesary, unless on is going with the 888

0K option.

But I have alway met this requirements, simply showing as little sometimes as 2k Bhat.

Perhaps in this case, Immig. simply wants to know one has a bank account.

Would like to drop preparing these 3 itms if not needed.

The requirements for the marriage extension are much more less. Doesn't matter who your agent is.

If you have the prof of income you do not need the bank statement. If you have the proper bank statements you d not need the proof of income. Some one is jerking you off.

Hi,

I have a 1 year non imm O visa from Penang and when I arrived in Chiang Mai in Oct I was stamped in until Jan. There is no other paperwork in my passport other than the TM7. Does this mean I have to leave the country every 90 days or can I change it to a 90 day reporting visa.

The requirements for the marriage extension are much more less. Doesn't matter who your agent is.

If you have the prof of income you do not need the bank statement. If you have the proper bank statements you d not need the proof of income. Some one is jerking you off.

If you are doing your retirement extension based in income of 65K baht per month, you need a letter of confirmation from your Embassy. You need to provide the Embassy with confirmation of your income from your provider.

Immigration do not normallyy require to see the confirmation of income from your provider, or bank statements, or a letter from your bank, however, they may, in some circumstances ask to see them. so have them with you just in case.

Hi,

I have a 1 year non imm O visa from Penang and when I arrived in Chiang Mai in Oct I was stamped in until Jan. There is no other paperwork in my passport other than the TM7. Does this mean I have to leave the country every 90 days or can I change it to a 90 day reporting visa.

Russ, if you have a one-year multi-entry O visa from Penang, then you need to leave the country every 90 days.

You can change it into one where you don't have to leave the country if you qualify for a one-year extension of stay based on marriage or retirement. Do you? Both have financial requirements.

In the case of marriage to a Thai lady, you need to show an income of 40,000 baht/month or an account in a Thai bank over 400,000 baht, solely in your name.

In the case of retirement, you have to be over age 50, you an income of over 65,000 baht/month, or an account in a Thai bank over 800,000 baht, solely in your name or a combination. No combo allowed in marriage applications.

The money in the bank has to be "aged" -- 60 days for the first extension application, 90 days for subsequent applications.

I have both a marriage certificate and I will have more then B800,000 in the bank when I return in January.

When is the best time to change over as I already have plans to leave the country in January for a few days.

Russ, I'll send you a PM, because your question really isn't about conditions at Immigration Promenada.

You don't need to use an agent to obtain a 30 day extension to a tourist visa unless you have a problem where you can't fill in a form and talk to a few people in English and stand around the Immigration office for an hour or so. Extension of a tourist visa is really quite easy to do at the Promenada Immigration office.

You can arrive just about any time before, say 2 pm, to get it done. (They're closed from 12.00 - 13.00) 10 am would probably be a good time to come.

That being said, when I've talked to G4T about their rates, they didn't mention a lower rate for extension of tourist visas. For them, it's the same amount of work to do an tourist extension vs. a retirement extension -- same form, photo, etc.

The difference is for US -- no need for proof of income with tourist extension and no long queues with people competing for a limited number of queue cards for a tourist extension.

Oh -- bring something that has has your current address, in writing -- the complete address, including street address, tambon, amphur, province. That seems to be the biggest stumbling block for people applying for a tourist extension. They don't know where they're living and I've seen Immigration officers using their smart phones to look up the address of their guest house. That's something the folks at G4T will do to earn their 3000 baht.

Archived