Immigration Promenada One Stop Service v2

Tywais

Thanks for the info. Last time it took around four hours and I'm actually not very well at the moment, that's why I was thinking of using an agent. I guess it's nearly the same amount of work for them but I was thinking it might be a little cheaper because they don't have to use one of their tickets, however they procure them.

Thanks again

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info. Last time it took around four hours and I'm actually not very well at the moment, that's why I was thinking of using an agent. I guess it's nearly the same amount of work for them but I was thinking it might be a little cheaper because they don't have to use one of their tickets, however they procure them.

Thanks again

The last 3 people I know of getting tourist visa extensions were in and out in under 30 mins. They all went mid week after 2pm.

This topic is for details and members' experiences at Promenada immigration office.

I just came from Promenada immigration and noticed that at 11:15am, the woman at the retirement extension desk was busy playing with her mobile phone. There did not appear to be any papers or anything else on her desk that was work-related.

A few minutes later at the 90-day desk, a group of three South Koreans turned to me and were showing their numbers and saying, "Why is she helping her?" pointing to the staff member behind the desk serving a woman (looked to be Thai or from the region) with a number higher than the ones the S. Koreans had. I could not see how the staff member could have mistaken the numbers, and in fact appeared quite chatty with the queue-jumper (who looked back at the back-chat and had a, "Yeah, I just did what you think I did" look on her face). The S. Koreans were too polite/timid to do anything other than look bewildered and keep showing each other and the people around their lower numbers.

I went shopping for 20 minutes or so and came back to find the retirement desk empty. In a few minutes the woman came back and sat down, nothing doing regarding work for the next several minutes I was there.

The TV screen in the new waiting area was blank but the P.A. system was working; however, in the spirit of Thais and things sonic, the volume was turned up like an Issan lao khao late night dance party, the man speaking with his lips touching the microphone, imbuing his call with a tinge of distortion.

A foreigner came up to me and said, "What number did they just call?" but I hadn't been paying attention. He went up to the announcer and asked.

Thank you Trujillo for the report that the TV in the new waiting area still is a blank screen. I think there is a lack of "systems know-how" and they don't know how to set up a system to communicate the queue numbers being served on the TV screen. Instead, they're relying on the low-tech option of a high-powered speaker system and microphones -- something every one learns how to use at a early age here. It's not a good way to track how fast they're handling numbers in the queue, esp. when the people doing the announcing AND listening aren't native English-speakers.

As for the Imm. officer seemingly not doing anything at her desk, that may point to the fact that they still don't have a supervisor on site to approve retirement visa applications. Perhaps she'd worked thru the morning's quota of extension applications and was waiting for the supervisor to come and approve them.

Could it reach a situation when the whole system collapses and there are no ways to obtain our visas? Do they even care?

Are we eventually going to be informed what plans immigration has for us?

Yes, No, No.

Agree wholeheartedly. It`s what thought but was too afraid to say.

Thank you Trujillo for the report that the TV in the new waiting area still is a blank screen. I think there is a lack of "systems know-how" and they don't know how to set up a system to communicate the queue numbers being served on the TV screen. Instead, they're relying on the low-tech option of a high-powered speaker system and microphones -- something every one learns how to use at a early age here. It's not a good way to track how fast they're handling numbers in the queue, esp. when the people doing the announcing AND listening aren't native English-speakers.

As for the Imm. officer seemingly not doing anything at her desk, that may point to the fact that they still don't have a supervisor on site to approve retirement visa applications. Perhaps she'd worked thru the morning's quota of extension applications and was waiting for the supervisor to come and approve them.

That was my thought also. Was there any one there for an extension. If you follow the thread and the previous thread you will notice there have been days when there was not that many for the extensions. Could just have been another one of those days.

I agree on the speaker system being not that great. I take my wife as she has better ears than I do. That was at the old airport office. The time I was in the Promenada for single reentry there was people with a lower number getting served first. They need the Monitor to control the line jumpers. Also the officer insist on people being in the right order.

Thanks again

The last 3 people I know of getting tourist visa extensions were in and out in under 30 mins. They all went mid week after 2pm.

I didn't take the chance of getting stuck there for 3-4 hours again. For the record, it is possible to use the services of that agency for tourist visa extensions and it was a fraction of the cost of a yearly extension. I can see why some people might think it is a waste of money but if you're taking strong antibiotics that make being away from a comfortable bathroom for more than 15 minutes something of a challenge, your opinion might change!

Thanks again

I didn't take the chance of getting stuck there for 3-4 hours again. For the record, it is possible to use the services of that agency for tourist visa extensions and it was a fraction of the cost of a yearly extension. I can see why some people might think it is a waste of money but if you're taking strong antibiotics that make being away from a comfortable bathroom for more than 15 minutes something of a challenge, your opinion might change!

So, for the record, how much?

I just wish to ask a few things about the extension based on marriage from those who have recently done the procedure

1. from the replies above the marriage extensions are still dealt with at the old Airport location?

2. I have to wait until the final 30 days of my 3 month visa before applying.?

3. As my first one, is this the one I need to set up cuddly photos sitting in the garden; or a building site in my case (with the missus) and take proof of a 2/3 month 400k bank deposit on the day.

4. is it a case of just turn up with the missus fill forms in there and be prepared to wait.

5. finally, multiple entry or single entry (+re-entries)is there any merit/advantage to either?

thank you

Thanks again

So, for the record, how much?

500 baht.

As for the Imm. officer seemingly not doing anything at her desk, that may point to the fact that they still don't have a supervisor on site to approve retirement visa applications.

Is that indeed a fact?

If you are referring to the individual who signs off, that is true. The IO authorized to do the signatures is at the Airport office so he either comes over to sign or the passports are delivered to him at the old office. That's why you see so many reports to come back later to collect passports.

This topic is for details and members' experiences at Promenada immigration office.

I just came from Promenada immigration and noticed that at 11:15am, the woman at the retirement extension desk was busy playing with her mobile phone. There did not appear to be any papers or anything else on her desk that was work-related.

A few minutes later at the 90-day desk, a group of three South Koreans turned to me and were showing their numbers and saying, "Why is she helping her?" pointing to the staff member behind the desk serving a woman (looked to be Thai or from the region) with a number higher than the ones the S. Koreans had. I could not see how the staff member could have mistaken the numbers, and in fact appeared quite chatty with the queue-jumper (who looked back at the back-chat and had a, "Yeah, I just did what you think I did" look on her face). The S. Koreans were too polite/timid to do anything other than look bewildered and keep showing each other and the people around their lower numbers.

I went shopping for 20 minutes or so and came back to find the retirement desk empty. In a few minutes the woman came back and sat down, nothing doing regarding work for the next several minutes I was there.

The TV screen in the new waiting area was blank but the P.A. system was working; however, in the spirit of Thais and things sonic, the volume was turned up like an Issan lao khao late night dance party, the man speaking with his lips touching the microphone, imbuing his call with a tinge of distortion.

A foreigner came up to me and said, "What number did they just call?" but I hadn't been paying attention. He went up to the announcer and asked.

Your recent report just convinced me to simply use immigrations visa service adjacent to the Promenada immigration office. One can either endure hours of agony for the one year visa extension or pay the visa service next door and enjoy your day.

Your recent report just convinced me to simply use immigrations visa service adjacent to the Promenada immigration office. One can either endure hours of agony for the one year visa extension or pay the visa service next door and enjoy your day.

Don't jump the gun. We are still waiting to hear if there was any more there for extensions. The poster left that part out.

I used the next door neighbors 3,000 baht completely happy with them.

Forgive my ignorance but I thought that the old IMO was closing in Oct.and staff being transferred to Prom. has this now changed? Also is the queue and desk for a 3 month Non Imm 'O' visa the same as for the retirement one?

Thanks for any info!!!

Forgive my ignorance but I thought that the old IMO was closing in Oct.and staff being transferred to Prom. has this now changed? Also is the queue and desk for a 3 month Non Imm 'O' visa the same as for the retirement one?

Thanks for any info!!!

If you have a non-imm O visa where each entry is stamped with a 90 day permission to stay, then you have to leave the country at the end of that permission to stay and re-enter if you want to remain in Thailand.

If you're talking about submitting a 90 day report if you're have a 12-month extension to an O visa then that's done at the new office at Promenada or it can be submitted by mail or on-line. See the pinned topic at the top of this forum.

No the old office at the airport isn't closing.

If I want to complete a re-entry permit in the morning, what time do I have to show up to get a queue number?

The morning queue for re-entry permits isn't long. If you come around 7:30 am, you should definitely be out in the morning. Actually, you'd probably be OK if you can at 9 am and asked for a queue ticket, but we don't have recent reports, unfortunately.

TM28/ TM30 Experience - 3/11/2015

Went to the desk to the left of the main door , desk marked "Tourist Visa" or similar name.

Submitted:

TM28 and TM30 forms completed with 2/11/2015 as date of arrival (previous day)

Copy of my passport pages (picture page/ visa page/ TM6)

Letter from g/f in Thai stating that I lived at her address.

Copy of g/f ID

Copy of her House Book.

All copies pre-signed.

Received:

Two tear off receipt slips, one each from the foot of the TM28 and the TM30, mine was stapled into the back of my passport.

Total Time:

About 15 minutes.

Cost:

Free.

Thanks again

There is an excellent bathroom just one minute ( slow walk ) from Prom. Immigration. Lots of stalls to choose from too.

To add more details, the entrance to the toilets is outside Immigration. If you're standing outside Immigration, looking at the door, the toilets will be to your right, about 20 meters. They are now open very, very early. I've been out there as early as 6 am and found the toilets open.

This is one area where Prom. is way, way better than the old office. Nice toilets, open early, with TP and handsoap.

Is it really one stop service? My friend got a new PPand needed to get his non Imm. AO stamp transfered to to the newPP before he could get an extension of stay stamp...he needed to go to the old office for this then over to prom for the extension. Is this still the case? Or is now truly one stop? I will need to do this very soon.... Also I will be using an agent this time , will they take care of this? Thanks.

Is it really one stop service? My friend got a new PPand needed to get his non Imm. AO stamp transfered to to the newPP before he could get an extension of stay stamp...he needed to go to the old office for this then over to prom for the extension. Is this still the case? Or is now truly one stop? I will need to do this very soon.... Also I will be using an agent this time , will they take care of this? Thanks.

It is a one stop service, because once there nothing moves.

The agents will provide any service for a price. I`ve already started saving little baht coins in my ceramic monk bank, because who knows how much it`s going to cost to do my next visa extension for the pleasure of staying in Chiang Mai.

It's STILL the case, I'm afraid - you need to get the transfer done at the OLD office BEFORE doing the extension at the NEW office.

smile.png

Sorry, don't know if an agent can handle everything - I haven't used one - as yet!

dear TV'ers,

i can't seem to find any recent reports of where to apply for an ed visa extension - is it still done at the immigration office near CM airport or has now moved to promenada?

i did read immigration were planning on migrating the service to promenada within 4-6 weeks but that was back in early september...any confirmed reports would be very much appreciated, thank you

Archived