Indian Visa now available online for Brits

Thinking of going to Indian, but hate the hassle of the embassy/IVS service in BKK. Checked on the Indian website and it says there that UK citizens can apply on line.

https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html

The BKK Embassy says you still need to go there in person. http://www.indianembassy.in.th/pages.php?id=34

Has anyone managed to get one online?

The online Indian visa works fine and pretty much as desribed on the website. I got one about 9 months ago for a short visit to my company's Bangalore office (the "e-Tourist Visa" is also OK for "casual business" visits). The nice thing was that they had separate lanes at the airport for the e-Visa and they were pretty much empty, so I saved 10-15min waiting in line.

The only issues with the e-Visa are that it is only good for a single entry 30 day stay, so you need a normal visa if you want to stay longer. Additionally, they say you can only apply for 2 e-Visas a year and if you need to travel to India more than that, you need to get a normal visa.

American, but its the same newish e-Visa program for both the UK and USA.

Is there some reason you think the Brits would have an especially hard time getting the e-visa compared to all the other countries eligible?

Historically the UK gave Indian Nationals an incredibly hard time with visas and passports which might explain why the UK was added to the list after all other nations.

American, but its the same newish e-Visa program for both the UK and USA.

Is there some reason you think the Brits would have an especially hard time getting the e-visa compared to all the other countries eligible?

Historically the UK gave Indian Nationals an incredibly hard time with visas and passports which might explain why the UK was added to the list after all other nations.

Historically more Indians went to the UK and got "lost" did not return,so UK tripled the visa fee likewise India did the same but found to its usual self it was cutting its own throat.

Think one month visa fee has come down with a bump too in last week or so. Go for a 12 month medical visa easy enough.

I'm off soon there to get medical check ups done