Police arrest Thai man for repeatedly raping 12 year old daughter

webfact

All the expats who live in the lap of luxury here are quick to condemn the poorest dregs of society here without a thought as to the lives of those involved.

I don't condone the actions of this pathetic excuse of a human being,but I do take into account the ever increasing social divide within the Kingdom which obviously does little to help those at the bottom of the socio economic ladder who are more often than not the perpetrators of these crimes.

Rather than spouting off why don't some of our Thai Visa regulars make a donation to a charity which may assist in helping to deter these grave acts being repeated time and time again.

I do like your post, but if we made a donation to a charity it would not reach the victims or do anything to stop this from happening. Once again corruption would stop it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There will be lots more of the same going on,why does it take so long

to report to the authorities,so it can be stopped,they blame the drink

and the drugs,his wife run away,wonder why !,he should have just

given himself a J Arthur Rank.

regards Worgeordie

Apparently very common practice in the Nth East, and not only fathers but brothers also and they sell their sisters favours to their mates and if they dont comply they get a beating.

When they get a bit older they run away to another city to take care for baby and mummy bear.

You are right about the reporting/reality of the statistics. The results I quoted will hide tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of desperate victims that an online or government database has not seen.

We have to appreciate that these wretched people are everywhere and, as in this case, look at home first: keep an eye on your own family because whether we like it or not, opportunists can just as easily be your brother as your friend as a stranger.

Modern paranoia for keeping children locked away from fear is no way to raise a child either is it? I don't say you said that but we hear and read that all of the time, don't we.

It's common in the SE Asian countries is it? I checked.

Out of the top 18 countries for rape alone, per 100,000 of the population. only ONE SE Asian country features, at number 18.

(UN statistics 2012)

The top Five countries for child sexual abuse: Thailand number one? number two? three? four? five? Nope, none of them. The top five are

South Africa

India

Zimbabwe

then many of you will refuse to believe:

United Kingdom

United States of America

(International Business Times)

So whilst this is a hideous crime and clearly it happens in Thailand, it's best to stick to the facts.

There's crime and there's crime.

But this crime goes beyond all comprehension.

What a despicable human being.

Absolutely dreadful !!

Unfortunately it is common in these SE Asian countries sad.png

I would say that the statistics have a lot to do wit reported crime. For example rape is far more reported in the UK and the USA then here in Thailand. Its just like any other crime in Thailand the police dont want to know a lot of the time but in the UK once contact is made it is reported, simple.

2 friends of mine were walking along Jomtien beach one evening and they set upon by 4 people. They stole necklace some other jewellery and made off off the beach. They went straight to the police station and were told to go and take a picture of them and bring it back to the police station? I know this is not a horrific child rape but its one of many examples I know where not only is crime not reported you dont even get assistance from the police.

I can't help but think this is such a disgusting crime how many families cover it up due to the issue of losing face?

There is definitely a problem with child welfare here, I have seen the orphanages and shelters. However, 1 thing I will say that I have on good authority that over the last 15 years things have improved dramatically here, (I have only been here about 4 years now) but clearly still a lot to do.

When I told my wife about this, she just shrugged and told me "happens all the time". She said in small villages, 90% of the girls lose their virginity to their father or brothers by the time they are 13 or so. She said no one talks about it, but everyone knows about it.

There's crime and there's crime.

But this crime goes beyond all comprehension.

What a despicable human being.

Absolutely dreadful !!

Unfortunately it is common in these SE Asian countries sad.png

It is quite common PERIOD. Not just in SE Asia. Abuse like this happens in every segment of society, in every country. Sad, but true. It's not a regional problem.

When I told my wife about this, she just shrugged and told me "happens all the time". She said in small villages, 90% of the girls lose their virginity to their father or brothers by the time they are 13 or so. She said no one talks about it, but everyone knows about it.

This post i feel is spot on. It is common because no one intervenes in another family or a relationship . Thais see it as none of their business. If the girl talks about it she is the one to get disgraced for bringing shame to the family.

Read about one instance. A young girl had 3 brothers all three were raping her when ever they wanted. The youngest brother did for a while then then second started also finally the oldest brother started. When it was made public she was blamed and made to look bad

Studies donot enter into this because of the above mentioned way things are. No one will discuss it or admit it.

Edited by lovelomsak

You are right about the reporting/reality of the statistics. The results I quoted will hide tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of desperate victims that an online or government database has not seen.

We have to appreciate that these wretched people are everywhere and, as in this case, look at home first: keep an eye on your own family because whether we like it or not, opportunists can just as easily be your brother as your friend as a stranger.

Modern paranoia for keeping children locked away from fear is no way to raise a child either is it? I don't say you said that but we hear and read that all of the time, don't we.

It's common in the SE Asian countries is it? I checked.

Out of the top 18 countries for rape alone, per 100,000 of the population. only ONE SE Asian country features, at number 18.

(UN statistics 2012)

The top Five countries for child sexual abuse: Thailand number one? number two? three? four? five? Nope, none of them. The top five are

South Africa

India

Zimbabwe

then many of you will refuse to believe:

United Kingdom

United States of America

(International Business Times)

So whilst this is a hideous crime and clearly it happens in Thailand, it's best to stick to the facts.

I would say that the statistics have a lot to do wit reported crime. For example rape is far more reported in the UK and the USA then here in Thailand. Its just like any other crime in Thailand the police dont want to know a lot of the time but in the UK once contact is made it is reported, simple.

2 friends of mine were walking along Jomtien beach one evening and they set upon by 4 people. They stole necklace some other jewellery and made off off the beach. They went straight to the police station and were told to go and take a picture of them and bring it back to the police station? I know this is not a horrific child rape but its one of many examples I know where not only is crime not reported you dont even get assistance from the police.

I can't help but think this is such a disgusting crime how many families cover it up due to the issue of losing face?

There is definitely a problem with child welfare here, I have seen the orphanages and shelters. However, 1 thing I will say that I have on good authority that over the last 15 years things have improved dramatically here, (I have only been here about 4 years now) but clearly still a lot to do.

As you note in your follow up, there are lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Under- or non-reporting is rampant in less developed and/or more conservative countries, all of which have less-empowered women. You can look that up too. End of story.

If this is true, it's very disturbing.

why did it take the grandmother a year to tell proberly fear as well that poor girl like all the children who are sexually abused and suffer emotional and physical pain and problems later on in life as well not sure waht the punishments are for these people but having his balls chopped off would be a start

Quite some time ago, I did some research and analyses of a large scale survey that was intended to gather information on adolescents...I was amazed to find that about 25% of adolescents (both male and female) had been sexually assaulted by parents, relative, and siblings. Keep in mind that these results likely were underestimates.

Quite some time ago, I did some research and analyses of a large scale survey that was intended to gather information on adolescents...I was amazed to find that about 25% of adolescents (both male and female) had been sexually assaulted by parents, relative, and siblings. Keep in mind that these results likely were underestimates.

Maybe underestimated but on the other hand could also be overestimated. The results would depend entirely on how the research was worded, structured, presented, understood by participants, and analysed.

Edited by Artisi