Can I make it?

hello everyone,

I'm currently in Vientiane having done the application today and picking up between 1:30 to 3:30 tomorrow.

But my flight leaves from Udon Thani at 6:10. I got a number 52 for pickup tomorrow.

My questions are:

For pickup, if you go early, do you get it first regardless of the number I got today? I ask because coming back from lunch at 12:50 today, I saw a pretty long line. So do you have to get new number for pickup?

What would be the fastest way to get back to Udon Thani. I don't mind paying a few hundred baths extra.

Thanks,

Nervous about tomorrow

The number you have is you queue number. 52 is excellent. Go before they open the arvo distribution. Grab a taxi out front. 300baht. Straight to border.

Get minibus to central plaza. Set out of minibus into taxi. About 200baht. Airport 20 mins max from central.

If stuff slows you up grab taxi from nong Khai and discuss cost to ut airport .

If you show one of the workers at the window your flight details they will call you to the window way before 52, maybe about 5, that happened to me

Great tip. I had thought of once buying someone's ticket and swap. Good idea.

As for other post .....'seems ticket system has changed . I was there perhaps 2 months ago and the ticket issued on first day was my ticket for second day.

Update:

I made it back to chiang Mai in time.

When u get ur visa done on the first day, get there early. They give fast track for tourist and transit visa. They'll give you a number for the next day. They didn't give it out till 1;40 but once they move, they move very fast.

Advice. Don't get there early. Thai consular service moves extremely extremely slow.

What I found to be true. If you're white, they'll worship you.

I personally have thought and would truly leave this country asap. It was so absolutely disgusting how they have treated fellow Asians.

If you're white, you're invincible.

Cheers and good luck.