Demolition of that structure on Pattaya Nua.

emilymat

I don't go into Pattaya too often but this morning I was driving back from Big C (the one on 2nd road) to the juntion with Nua at those lights just up from Dolphin round about.

There was a pretty huge structure on the corner that was only constructed a few years ago, but did not seem to serve any purpose that I could see. It looked like a mini multi storey car park and, I was told at the time of construction, that it was something to do with the intention to build an overhead railway from City Hall, down Nua, along Beach Road and up Pattaya South Road.

Has that all been ditched and was that info true at the time?.

I suspect another hotel or a BigEye 2 for the incoming Chinese. Any sleuths around who know the answer?. The Thais seem to love constructing things and then demolishing them. gigglem.gif

- (If it is the one that I am thinking of -across from Fairtex) most likely the building did not follow the building codes and there was not enough money under the table that went to pay off the city officials to get it passed inspection. Now with the junta checking things out, the city is being more careful.

- (If it is the one that I am thinking of -across from Fairtex) most likely the building did not follow the building codes and there was not enough money under the table that went to pay off the city officials to get it passed inspection. Now with the junta checking things out, the city is being more careful.

Perhaps, but they tried various sorts of stuff there. None of it seemed to work out. It's been empty for a few years now, but did have quite a few vendors in it about 4 years ago. That huge shop for tourists just east of it has also shut down and seems to be on the way to being demolished. Probably another condo going up? Great location....

There are plans afoot to build a large new Shopping Centre there like Terminal 21 in BKK.

There was a sign there saying that awhile back and I did read in that Bangkok paper recently that the Terminal 21 folks are coming to Pattaya.

I believe the land is owned by PPD, although if their success in other development attempts is anything to go by, they might want to stick to being landlords and let other proffesionals do the operation and construction, like L&H.

There are plans afoot to build a large new Shopping Centre there like Terminal 21 in BKK.

There was a sign there saying that awhile back and I did read in that Bangkok paper recently that the Terminal 21 folks are coming to Pattaya.
I believe the land is owned by PPD, although if their success in other development attempts is anything to go by, they might want to stick to being landlords and let other proffesionals do the operation and construction, like L&H.

I can ask the owner of Fairtex. He owns quite a bit of land in that area so probably knows what it's going to be.