ปลวก In The House

Neeranam

the good news is the new gibson is treated for termits

Simcity, that's interesting, our house was built about 6 years ago and we've recently had to replace most of the gypsum downstairs. When they ripped it down on the back it was printed "Thai Gypsum Company" which I believe is a large company here. I've been wondering for a while why a "respectable" company has been selling gypsum which is clearly delicious for termites. A friend of mine told me it's because they mixed lots of rubbish, like old wood and re-cycled paper with the local gypsum, and that's why it so attractive to termites. Apparently it's very rare for termites to eat gypsum in the USA, presumably because it's better quality.

I've been wondering how long it would take for the termites to start eating the new gypsum, but your post above provides me with some hope. Sorry to question you, but how do you know the new gypsum is treated for termites? It's good news if it's true.

lazy , when my friend saw the damage and the work involve regarding the termite destruction, some part of the ceiling on the floor and hanging light ! he was at the same time doing some renovation in his own place and ask the builder who confirm the new gypsum is treated against attack !

NEED perhaps to be check again !

the total cost for me was about 9000 baht , that was remove / clean / do again and paint with material cost , 2 week works , two workers !

amazing Thailand

the pest control company 4500 baht , 1 main treatment , plus a spray every 2 months after recycle again with new contract .

That is a fraction of the cost as somewhere else !

termites in Thailand do not like hard wood , more into the stamps collection .

they are air born , many came from the bathroom fan in the third floor ! after they buried in the ground deeply !

termites in Thailand do not like hard wood , more into the stamps collection .

Tends to be true... but given enough time, IMO they'll start to consume it. We have a few Thai style teakwood houses that were left untreated in the past because of the common 'wisdom' that termites don't eat teak. Well they most certainly do (most likely when whatever resin or sap that naturally repels them completely dries out). The house age on average was between 40-50 years old, so obviously it takes some time, but they'll eventually get to it.

:o

• 6 months later...

So this is the ThaiVisa termite topic! We had swarms of flying breeders right after this first hard rain in 6 months, and my windowsill near the sink is literally littered with little wings. We see evidence of prior damage on the stair risers, uprights, etc., and evidence of old tunnels of mud along the concrete.

Tywais, my moobahn must be near yours. Could you please PM me with the phone number of that exterminator? My landlady is way too cheap to pay for repairs, though, so I'll let them go next door to her vacant house, so when she comes for her annual vacation, everything will collapse around her.

This planet contains too many swarms of flying breeders.