are Honda PCX 150 still a good bike to buy new?

nongai

On 09/10/2016 at 3:19 PM, beachump said:

Do you enjoy being forced into using your front brake on gravel and wet roads?

I've seen this written a couple of times now.

I'm no big Honda fan but I did own one with the combi brake.

Although the left combi brake does also engage the front brake, there is simply not enough pressure applied, for the front wheel to lock, ever.

Sure it can lock when using the right brake but that's the same as using any bike without ABS.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/11/2016 at 3:46 PM, macknife said:

I've seen this written a couple of times now.

I'm no big Honda fan but I did own one with the combi brake.

Although the left combi brake does also engage the front brake, there is simply not enough pressure applied, for the front wheel to lock, ever.

Sure it can lock when using the right brake but that's the same as using any bike without ABS.

Not true it can lock.  As the back drum wears and is rarely adjusted by most increasing pressure goes to the front with little action from the rear.  Loose gravel, leaves, oil will definitely create a skid.  Anyone that can't see this hasn't looked into it enough.  It's really a stupid idea and many uneducated (not referring to you) assume they have the equivalent of ABS when in fact they have worse than normal. If this was so good don't you think everyone would use it?  It is a very simply concept. 

Edited by losworld

11 hours ago, losworld said:

Not true it can lock.  As the back drum wears and is rarely adjusted by most increasing pressure goes to the front with little action from the rear.  Loose gravel, leaves, oil will definitely create a skid.  Anyone that can't see this hasn't looked into it enough.  It's really a stupid idea and many uneducated (not referring to you) assume they have the equivalent of ABS when in fact they have worse than normal. If this was so good don't you think everyone would use it?  It is a very simply concept. 

That's what happened to me.  Front brake did lock and down I went.

It's a little harder to find an NMax to rent but, I go out of my way to find one and it's well worth it.