pattaya tourist police number

bookie baitface

Try ringing it and just ask a generic question like "what color is the tourist police car?" and I promise the receiver will not understand your question or much else. Why TP don't have English speaking foreign volunteers manning the phones (that could transfer to a Thai if necessary) is beyond the wit of man.

Try ringing it and just ask a generic question like "what color is the tourist police car?" and I promise the receiver will not understand your question or much else. Why TP don't have English speaking foreign volunteers manning the phones (that could transfer to a Thai if necessary) is beyond the wit of man.

You hit the nail on the head.

Yet, so many members complain about the foreign "wantabees" here in Thailand.

Usually during the daytime there ARE English speaking people at the Pattaya Tourist Police Station, and they have ( ON CALL ) phone numbers of people that speak other Languages.....German, Russian, Italian, Spanish...etc.

When I pulled my duty at the station, a lost OLDER CONFUSED Russian man, NO money, NO ID, very little English - No Thai, was brought to the station by a taxi driver. After we determined his language, about 3 mins later a Russian speaker was on the phone with him, and then came to the station to help him. Took 7 hours to find out where he was staying and notify his family.

7 UNPAID HOURS of the Russian VOLUNTEER's time.

A Tourist Police Officer, with the Russian VOLUNTEER, drove him all over Pattaya trying to find his family from the vage information the Russian was able to give to the volunteer.

Now here is my statement to YOU:

Why don't you get off your duff, put down your beer, turn off the TV and volunteer 4 - 8 hours a week helping a fellow foreigner that gets into trouble here, ( IF you can pass the police vetting )

== OR ==

BE A LANGUAGE TEACHER, JOIN a Thai government sponsored program to teach YOUR language ( 2 - 4 - 8 hours a week, several programs in Pattaya ), to the Thai people that want to learn a foreign language?

YOU enjoy all Thailand has to offer, GIVE something back.

Not to hijack this thread, buyt I know I'm gonna have a problem tomorrow with a very arrogant shopowner who repaired my pump today and which isn't fixed.

Is 1337 the number I should call if he tells me to shove it?

Civil argument - court,

Violence LOCAL police, if language problem, ask locals to call Tourist Police

Not to hijack this thread, buyt I know I'm gonna have a problem tomorrow with a very arrogant shopowner who repaired my pump today and which isn't fixed.

Civil argument - court,

There will be no language problem, but knowing the shop owner and his attitude for years already, he will tell me that it is not his problem.

Doesn't make much sense to go to court for the 800 Bht I paid today for a seal and 15 minutes of work, but I want my pump fixed or my money back of course.

Civil argument - court,

There will be no language problem, but knowing the shop owner and his attitude for years already, he will tell me that it is not his problem.

Doesn't make much sense to go to court for the 800 Bht I paid today for a seal and 15 minutes of work, but I want my pump fixed or my money back of course.

''''''but knowing the shop owner and his attitude for years already""""

Someone like that I would not do business with...period

Im sure the volunteers would be fully accepted if they just didnt feel the need to dress and act as if they were police

READ and LEARN The Royal Thai Police regulations for "volunteer's.

TPA and TVP have DIFFERENT uniform REQUIREMENTS

Civil argument - court,

''''''but knowing the shop owner and his attitude for years already""""

Someone like that I would not do business with...period

Unfortunately he's the only one I know he repairs the pumps. I had done 3 other shops in Naklua who sell these pumps, to avoid going there, and they all sent me to this particular shop.

Farangs on the hotline would be a great idea, but they wont get anyone to voluteer if they cant be seen on the streets dressed like a nazi stormtrooper!

"wont get anyone to voluteer if they cant be seen on the streets dressed like a nazi stormtrooper!"

I'll say it again, Read and Learn The Royal Thai Police regulations ( about uniforms ), local division regulations / requirements for TPA ( mostly Farang's, some Thai's ) and TVP ( mostly Thai's, very very limited Farang ) "volunteer's". You just don't walk in the door at the Tourist Police Station ( or any division of the police ) and say, " Here "I" am, "I" volunteer, where's my desk!",

Here is a hint: 40+ days of OTJ training, "book" learning - written tests with time limits and passing grades, CPR and 1st Aid class to pass, several interviews to pass, certified police report from YOUR country, Thai police report.......and even if you pass everything, you can be told "sorry but" at the last second, in 2 days, 2 weeks, or 2 months.

i used the number in 2014 and the tourist police came quite quickly to my hotel and helped resolve an issue. The senior fellow was quite pleasant, his english was good. His junior assistant was on the quiet side. They got hold of the manager who was not answering when I called. Then she called me back and was mad I had called the police. Too bad. I gave her all morning to come and resolve the issue. I bought the cops lunch (i tipped them) and said thanks

Archived