help needed to find cheap decent house around Pattaya

domdom

Hello everybody,

Trying to help a decent farang to find a small house in the neighbourhood of Pattaya (he is currently living in Huay Yai but his 3 years contract is finished and the landlord wants the house back).. The reason he wants it back is that the guy fully renovated the house and even built some 20 m2 extra, so he can now rent it much more..

This guy is living alone with his 10 years old thai son and has some pets.. so, the ideal would be a house providing a living room and 2 bedrooms and of course a garden (minimum 200 sqm if possible..)

He works in Thailand, is far from being rich and is a pro of construction.. So the house would be well taken care of and even if it has to be improved, he will do it.. as he did in the house he rents for the time being..

He is able to pay around 6000 bahts per month.. and he is very honest and your rent would be paid by transfer or cash every 1st day of the month..

Would anyone have something to offer ?? Any help appreciated as he has to leave his place for october 30th (the landlord informed him 4 days ago he will not extend the contract and wants him to go)

Thanks to everyone for trying to help

Have a nice evening

A two-bedroom house with a large garden in Pattaya for 6K Baht/month - I doubt it very much, I'm afraid. That sounds more like what you might expect to pay in parts of Isaan. Does he really have to live in Pattaya?

Hello and thanks

Yes it has to be around here as he is working in flats/houses renovation and has his small business here..

I am talking about thai style house in a thai area, of course not a farang standard house.. but I know it is quite cheap.. Doesn't want to be in Pattaya but somewhere around, Najomtien, Huay Hay or the other side even, of Pattaya, nothing close to Pattaya center or expensive areas

For the time being, found at that price but without outside area which makes it complicated for the pets

Thanks again if anyone can help.. He would also be a good guard/housekeeper for a house where people don't live (very clean guy, very quality concerned in his job)

Good night

Hello and thanks

Yes it has to be around here as he is working in flats/houses renovation and has his small business here..

I am talking about thai style house in a thai area, of course not a farang standard house.. but I know it is quite cheap.. Doesn't want to be in Pattaya but somewhere around, Najomtien, Huay Hay or the other side even, of Pattaya, nothing close to Pattaya center or expensive areas

For the time being, found at that price but without outside area which makes it complicated for the pets

Thanks again if anyone can help.. He would also be a good guard/housekeeper for a house where people don't live (very clean guy, very quality concerned in his job)

Good night

You are a "good guy" to try so hard for him.......good luck

Hello,

Always try to do something good everyday.... but there is few I can do..

In fact he renovated my flat and did a very good job for a very reasonable price.. he did it so well that I gave him a bonus of 40.000 bahts at the end.. But he is always facing trouble.. Difficult for a farang without any back up here neither in Europe to work here, find jobs, have thai employees, and grow up alone a child with little financial capacities..

He is so honest he even doesn't have a car but only a motorbike and his life is work and go home, cook, clean and take care of the child, so he deserves some help.. but I am afraid it will be difficult.. in fact he is never asking for help, he just came to ask me to tell him if I heard about any option he could have..

The major problem is he has pets and so cannot go for a cheap condo... This doesn't help either..

Have a nice day

Thank you... When I say 6000, this is what he pays now , I think even 7 or 8 would do but then be a maximum.. Can you pls tell me where Pong is, as I don't know where it is..

As told, he is not expecting something very nice, and ready to improve the place himself investing some money and his work

Important is the house to be decent, even if in bad shape, to be repainted completely, bathroom to renovate etc.. AND to have a garden for the pets to be able to go out when he is working.

Have a nice day

Hello

Just spoke to him and he says if impossible to find cheaper, he could afford till 9000 bahts per month as really a maximum, assuring a regular payment and good maitenance even improvement of the place.. He doesn't know Pong either...

He has to drive and pick up his little boy from school morning and evening from the thai school at the end of Pattaya Tai, near the wat

Thanks everybody..

Hello

Just spoke to him and he says if impossible to find cheaper, he could afford till 9000 bahts per month as really a maximum, assuring a regular payment and good maitenance even improvement of the place.. He doesn't know Pong either...

He has to drive and pick up his little boy from school morning and evening from the thai school at the end of Pattaya Tai, near the wat

Thanks everybody..

Pong is here.

If he needs to go to Pattaya Tai every day it is not good to stay around Pong, the commute would be horrible.

Hello

Being an owner myself in the EU, I know it is not a charity.. but I also know, sometimes better to rent out cheap to someone who doesn't destroy the place and even upgrades it than renting out expensive and get tons of problems..

The guy also cannot offer more than he can reasonably pay..

I informed him about Pong and he will go there today to have a look around and see if he can find something for rent there already

Thank you

Have a nice day

Hello

Thanks again. I just phoned him to give him your advice and he wrote everything down.. so I imagine he will find... His on being thai can also ask people and he himself speaks basic thai and is able to communicate in thai, so I think he will manage. Yesterday I googled the direction for him and he understood where it is

Have a nice sunday and thanks to you for your help

I just asked the wife if her agency had anything , i know she just rented a nice little place for 10k ,on a clean estate , but she says it is quite rare she also just rented another ,but without any garden for 8500, her best suggestion is to drive around looking for houses with a board on as most Thai people just advertize cheap houses themselves , sorry i could not be more help ,but the wife is very experianced and she should know ,best of luck .

Thank you again to everybody.. This is what he is doing for a few days and will do today..In case of your wife hearing about anything, just let me know pls.

Just to tell you a story.. He saw a board, called and one lady answered saying the house had 3 bedrooms and yes he could visit. 5 minutes later a neighbour came with the key... The price was 5.500 bahts..

He visited and said it was OK and asked why there was furniture in the 3rd bedroom.. The landlord answered it was her furniture and if she had to remove it then the rent would be 6500 bahts.. which he agreed for.. They took appointment for next day and the landlord turned up with the lease agreement.. it was now 8000 bahts.. she wanted to keep the 3rd bedroom for herself and be allowed to enter the house and sleep there whenever she wanted.. "no right to change the main door key as it is my house and I want to come when I want"..

End of the story.. !!!whistling.gif

Have a nice day

He can also check Pattaya Country Club unless it is too far out. I have not been out there for a couple of years but there were plenty of houses going to waste out there. Some in nice bungalow style. He should be able to strike a deal there if he agrees to do repairs, but I am not saying that as a fact. Some houses were half rotten so they should pay him to live there and fix those if it was up to me.

He can also check Pattaya Country Club unless it is too far out. I have not been out there for a couple of years but there were plenty of houses going to waste out there. Some in nice bungalow style. He should be able to strike a deal there if he agrees to do repairs, but I am not saying that as a fact. Some houses were half rotten so they should pay him to live there and fix those if it was up to me.

I would think Pattaya Country Cllub would be most unsuitable for someone with a child. Must be 25-30 kms from the school and very few people live there full time.

Mind you,most of money being spent there recently, so prices will be higher

Hello

Just to thank everybody and tell yyou he found a place and signed a lease agreement for 3 years yesterday. It is in Huay Yai. 7000 bahts.. Of course lot to improve in the house which is in poor shape, but has the basics..

Thanks again for all your help

Have a nice day