How much for a Coke?

Griffo63

I hope the anti-drinking lobby try to do an in depth investigation here.

In their own little world, how dare a respectable hotel sell alcohol cheaper than soft drinks? IMO that is encouraging people who worry about these things to start on the booze to save some baht.

Disgusting!

High end places fleece high end customers. A hotel that charged 800 baht a night wouldnt charge over 50 baht for a coke. A hotel that is 4-7k a night feels there customers puke money so they won;t care.

One suspects an thb 800 / night hovel wouldnt even sell cokes, your lucky if you get power , an aircon and sheets on the bed ;)

High end places fleece high end customers. A hotel that charged 800 baht a night wouldnt charge over 50 baht for a coke. A hotel that is 4-7k a night feels there customers puke money so they won;t care.

One suspects an thb 800 / night hovel wouldnt even sell cokes, your lucky if you get power , an aircon and sheets on the bed ;)

Hovel ? 800 baht is pure luxury... :)

I won't patronise anywhere they operate a ++ policy. I like to know what I'm paying before I buy.

On a side-note re 800 baht hotel rooms; I use a boarding house off soi 4 Nana. I get a huge room with lounge/en suite/A/C/Tv/ @ 700 baht BUT they charge 10 baht for a coffee!

I won't patronise anywhere they operate a ++ policy. I like to know what I'm paying before I buy.

On a side-note re 800 baht hotel rooms; I use a boarding house off soi 4 Nana. I get a huge room with lounge/en suite/A/C/Tv/ @ 700 baht BUT they charge 10 baht for a coffee!

Guess you will never be going to Singapore then.... but then again you will not find any rooms for thb 700 a night

One suspects an thb 800 / night hovel wouldnt even sell cokes, your lucky if you get power , an aircon and sheets on the bed wink.png

What will 600 baht not get you?

I suppose they are looking for clientele that never blink at paying double or triple. It keeps out the "riff raff". Must be a very upscale place. I would expect prices to be higher..if it were.

However, I would expect 5 star service, etc. etc.

Being that I am a 3 to 4 star customer..I would not bother going there.

Just so that you are aware of the markup, when we were running the bar we were buying bottles of coke/7-up/fanta for 4 baht a bottle from the companies. We were selling it for 20 baht as a mixer, which even then was lower than the other establishments.

Granted, these prices are about 5 years old (maybe even earlier) but they haven't increased that much since then.

Which place is this,

Sounds like good value for the location

I was charged 220 baht for a small mini bar Coke at a airport hotel in Scandinavia a year ago

I was expected to pay 45 Bt for a coke in a minibar in a hotel in Khaosan Road, when I could get one for 14 Bt

in the 7-11 across the road.

Archived