Bangkok-pattaya Hospital

chingching

Hi All,

I went to the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital, Heart Day affair. You got a free electro cardiogram if u were in the first 100. I was favorably impressed by the surroundings, etc. That is until they gave me a BMI test, (body mass index). BMI is figured by using body weight and height, nothing else and u can find plenty of BMI calculators on the internet. Instead they have this little device with two handles. The nurse enters your height and weight into it, then you have to stand up, hold this thing with arms stretched out ,and the nurse presses the "calculate" button.

My question: Who are they trying to fool? Do they actually believe this routine? Are they just trying to impress me/other patients with hocus pocus. Because afterwards my EKG was "abnormal" and they wanted to sell me further tests. A treadmill test that would have cost me $50 bucks.

Hi All,

I went to the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital, Heart Day affair. You got a free electro cardiogram if u were in the first 100. I was favorably impressed by the surroundings, etc. That is until they gave me a BMI test, (body mass index). BMI is figured by using body weight and height, nothing else and u can find plenty of BMI calculators on the internet. Instead they have this little device with two handles. The nurse enters your height and weight into it, then you have to stand up, hold this thing with arms stretched out ,and the nurse presses the "calculate" button.

My question: Who are they trying to fool? Do they actually believe this routine? Are they just trying to impress me/other patients with hocus pocus. Because afterwards my EKG was "abnormal" and they wanted to sell me further tests. A treadmill test that would have cost me $50 bucks.

All equipment is only as good as the operators level of training.

:o

Hi All,

you have got it................. that hospital is a big money making machine don,t know how many clients it will have after 1 oct :o:D

Hi All,

you have got it................. that hospital is a big money making machine don,t know how many clients it will have after 1 oct :o:D

or should i say they may have plenty :D

Hi All,

You went to the Heart Day at BPH. Are you concerned about your heart? If so, take yourself to Bumrungrad Hospital in Bangkok and see Dr. Visuit Vivekaphirat.

I don't have mixed feelings.

Only BAD feelings :o:D

I think everyone should know that unless you have medical insurance, the the Bangkok Pattaya hospital should be avoided at all costs. (No pun intended).

They have all the stuff for serious illness, but if you are unsuspecting, with a genuine minor problem, then you will be milked of every last baht you possess. (In my opinion) (and lots of other people's opinion). Devious bargirls have got nothing on B.P.Hospital!!!

They will run every test in the book. They will be unsure of the diagnosis, They will send you for more tests. They will (quite unethically) exaggerate possible diagnosis and prognosis, then finally, they give you a clean bill of health, a bag of paracetamol for 900 baht (true cost 20 baht) and present you with a bill for 115,000 baht.

Now that might sound far fetched. Believe me it happens.

For non-life threatening illness or accidents or belly ache go to Pattaya Memorial. For more serious situations and surgery go to Queen Sirikit Hospital, Sattahip.

www.omronhealthcare.com/enTouchCMS/app/viewDocument?docID=45

Maybe someone should tell them their "hocus pocus" machine isn't working?

Hi All,

Only BAD feelings :o:D

I think everyone should know that unless you have medical insurance, the the Bangkok Pattaya hospital should be avoided at all costs. (No pun intended).

They have all the stuff for serious illness, but if you are unsuspecting, with a genuine minor problem, then you will be milked of every last baht you possess. (In my opinion) (and lots of other people's opinion). Devious bargirls have got nothing on B.P.Hospital!!!

They will run every test in the book. They will be unsure of the diagnosis, They will send you for more tests. They will (quite unethically) exaggerate possible diagnosis and prognosis, then finally, they give you a clean bill of health, a bag of paracetamol for 900 baht (true cost 20 baht) and present you with a bill for 115,000 baht.

For non-life threatening illness or accidents or belly ache go to Pattaya Memorial. For more serious situations and surgery go to Queen Sirikit Hospital, Sattahip.

If it were just a question of being ripped off, but they would give you the right treatment for anything serious, then I wouldnt worry so much. But there are so many horror stories concerning mis-diagnosis and incorrect treatment for serious and even life threatening conditions to fill a large tome, my experiences included.

My advice is to give that place a wide miss. I now gotto Bangkok for all my medical and dental treatment, but I do worry if there is an emergency.

Libya 115, excuse my ignorance as I have never been to Sattahip. Is Queen Sirikit Hospital a different hospital to the one at the naval base - and if so, which one is better?

Only BAD feelings :D:D

If it were just a question of being ripped off, but they would give you the right treatment for anything serious, then I wouldnt worry so much. But there are so many horror stories concerning mis-diagnosis and incorrect treatment for serious and even life threatening conditions to fill a large tome, my experiences included.

My advice is to give that place a wide miss. I now gotto Bangkok for all my medical and dental treatment, but I do worry if there is an emergency.

Libya 115, excuse my ignorance as I have never been to Sattahip. Is Queen Sirikit Hospital a different hospital to the one at the naval base - and if so, which one is better?

Mobi, Queen Sirikat Hospital is the Navy Hospital.

I have heard some nightmare stories come out of BP hospital.

A friend of mine needed surgery first went to BP hospital and was quoted B250,000 feeling that it seemed a bit expensive she contacted me for my opinion, I told her to go to the Navy hospital in Satterhip, They quoted her B23,000 for the same surgery. She had the op in the Navy hospital stayed in for three days and was handed a bill for B26,000 and told me that the staff there was great no complaints at all.

A young lady from the UK was doing some work at Father Rays orphanage got an ear invfection and at BP hospital wanted her to have a brain scan :D , as it turned out she was a fully qualified nurse so she declined their offer.

They will never get any of my money :o

Edited by Pattayatony

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital has the best and latest equipment of any hospital on the Eastern Seaboard.

A friend of mine went last week for a yearly checkup, as I have also done every year. They normally run a special on the checkups three or four times a year. About 8000 baht. Well durring the stress test of my friend the doctor noticed a problem and had him stop after about 7 minutes.

They gave him an angiogram and noticed three of his six arteries in his heart had reduced bllod flow due to fatty plaque.

Very common in a 71 year old man.

In any case they did angeoplastic which is a ballon that clears your arteries, and then placed a stent in each artery to keep iyt opened.

400,000 baht. He has insurance.

Barry