The Right to be Forgotten

allane

I inadvertently clicked the "Remember Me" box where I sign in to post. Now, I can't "unclick" it. (When I do that, my unclick has no effect, and the computer still automatically remembers my password when I return.) How do I get back to where I want to be ?

Plain English please. What does "eating my cookies" mean ? I am a computer novice and don't speak geek-speak.

I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser.

To get rid of cookies ("eating my cookies") I go to view>tool bars>menu tool bar

Next I go to the (menu tool bar) >Tools> Options> Privacy

On the privacy page you will find Tracking, I tick the box that says Tell sites I do not want to be tracked.

Next line down is History and clear your recent history or clear individual cookies.

Clear individual cookies means that you choose which site you wish to clear the cookies from

Clear your recent history means that ALL the sites will have their cookies cleared.

It also means that you will need to know and remember ALL the passwords for ALL the sites you visit.

Before you clear everything go to

Options>Security>passwords>saved passwords>show passwords and make sure that the passwords are there before clearing individual cookies or clear all.

I hope this helps and that you are on Firefox. If you use a different browser will probably be similar

Let me be the first to confess that I am a complete idiot when it comes to computers. Nothing has ever come easily, and I guess it never will. I have tried everything, including what appear to be the most drastic or severe options. Nothing has worked. Can somebody walk me through this, step by step ? I am using Google Chrome.

This is a number of operations but will only remove the thaivisa specific cookies so you should not have any new issues with other sites.

Click the Chrome menu Chrome menu on the browser toolbar (top right side below red x).

Select Settings.

Click Show advanced settings (at bottom - may have to scroll down)

In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.

In the "Cookies" section, you can change the following cookies settings:

All cookies and site data

Scroll down list to Thaivisa

Click on and at expanded far right click on "X" to delete

I heard of a Wat you can visit if you want to lose your cookies.

The OP might also want to check to see if their browser has 'stored' their username/password

If using the Chrome Browser, use the hamburger menu and then select:

Settings

Show advanced settings... (located at the very bottom, just as lopbury3 said)

this time, scroll down and locate the lines:

Password and Forms

Offer to save your web passwords Manage Passwords

...select or click the "Manage Passwords" link

select or click on a "ThaiVisa" entry. Here you can show the password, or press the "X" to remove it from autofill name/pass consideration.

Edited by RichCor

Thanks to RichCor. I had already tried Lopburi 3's recommendation, but that by itself was insufficient. I somehow didn't see the reference to Passwords, which was below the "All Cookies and Site Data" button. So, I am now back where I want to be.