Non O Visa - Thai child

I have a Single Entry Non O issued by Vientiane on the basis of having a Thai child. Not married.

After my single non-o expires, when are my options?

1. I read in this forum that 1 year extension at Immigration is not possible ? As I am not the legal father of my daughter?

2. Can I go back to Vientiane to get another Single Entry Non O?

3. Does Savannakhet or any embassy in the region issue Mutiple Entry Non O for my case? If so what are the requirements?

4. If I do a temporary extension stay of 2 months at Immigration in CW, what are the requirements?

Appreciate all genuine advice. Thanks all.

1. You can only get a one year extension if you have legitimized your parenthood. Info here: How To Gain Parental Rights As A Father

2. Yes but you should get the 60 day extension first.

3. If you are living with your child's mother and all of you were present in Savannakhet when the application for a multiple entry non-o is submitted. No financial proof.would be needed.

In Penang you can get one with at least 100k baht fo financial proof.without the family being with you.

4. To apply for a 60 day extension to visa your child they will need to be with you when you apply. You will need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry. Most immigration offices will also want proof of residence.

• Like 2

3. If you are living with your child's mother and all of you were present in Savannakhet when the application for a multiple entry non-o is submitted. No financial proof.would be needed.

In Penang you can get one with at least 100k baht fo financial proof.without the family being with you.

4. To apply for a 60 day extension to visa your child they will need to be with you when you apply. You will need their birth certificate plus a copy and a copy of their house book registry. Most immigration offices will also want proof of residence.

Thank you both for the useful info.

2.It is a must to do a 60 days extension before I can get another new Single Non O from Vientiane or even Mutiple Non O from Savannakhet?

4. Do we need to show proof of financials when applying for 60 days extension at Immigration in CW? Can a rental lease contract suffice for proof of residence?

Thank you.

Thank you both for the useful info.

2.It is a must to do a 60 days extension before I can get another new Single Non O from Vientiane or even Mutiple Non O from Savannakhet?

4. Do we need to show proof of financials when applying for 60 days extension at Immigration in CW? Can a rental lease contract suffice for proof of residence?

Thank you.

.2. No

4. No "finances"

They might ask for proof of residence but I have no idea if a rental agreement will suffice

ubonjoe

Since when have Savannakhet been issuing multiple entry Non O's for being the father of a Thai child? Let alone to somebody with just a birth certificate.

I tried early last year as the father of my Thai daughter whose mother died with not just a birth certificate but a Family Court order naming me as legal father and sole guardian, a similar equivalent document from the local Amphur and every other conceivable paper they could need (death certificates, house books etc) but they said they only ever give single O for this type of visa, which must be extended in Thailand with the requisite 400k or 40k a month financials.

Please could you clarify if this is new information or out of date information you have given.

ubonjoe

Since when have Savannakhet been issuing multiple entry Non O's for being the father of a Thai child? Let alone to somebody with just a birth certificate.

I tried early last year as the father of my Thai daughter whose mother died with not just a birth certificate but a Family Court order naming me as legal father and sole guardian, a similar equivalent document from the local Amphur and every other conceivable paper they could need (death certificates, house books etc) but they said they only ever give single O for this type of visa, which must be extended in Thailand with the requisite 400k or 40k a month financials.

Please could you clarify if this is new information or out of date information you have given.

As I wrote the applicant for the visa must appear at the consulate with his child (or children) and their mother when the application is done.. This is to demonstrate they are living together as a family (de facto marriage).. There have been reports of a few of these being done.

I have seen reports of denials for divorced fathers with full custody of their child denied.

It seems their mandate for doing the visa is for married couples and they have included proof of a de facto marriage as part of it.

In your case it certainly does seem fair that you were denied.

• Like 1

ubonjoe

As I wrote the applicant for the visa must appear at the consulate with his child (or children) and their mother when the application is done.. This is to demonstrate they are living together as a family (de facto marriage).. There have been reports of a few of these being done.

I have seen reports of denials for divorced fathers with full custody of their child denied.

It seems their mandate for doing the visa is for married couples and they have included proof of a de facto marriage as part of it.

In your case it certainly does seem fair that you were denied.

Thanks for clarifying that. It is good information and will surely help somebody. In cases like mine it is unfair to deny multi entry especially as Thai Law is supposed to be all about the children but that said it all worked out fine for me and I have to admit, extending at immigration is a lot easier than trips to neighboring countries for visas all the time.

A rental agreement with a copy of the owners ID card and house book attached to it will be accepted for proof of residence.

I would think it is almost impossible for me to get my landlord to give me his copy of ID and house book. He is a grumpy old man..

Any chance Immigration at CW would accept just the lease contract signed by my gf as proof of residence? Since I am staying with my gf and daughter and they would also be present during my 2 months extension?

Any idea if there is a cap limit on Single Non O that Vientiane will issue for my case? If it is unlimited, I would find it more convenient for me to do a visa run to Vientiane every 3 months to get a new Non O since I can't get a year extension at Immigration.

You can try to get the extension without the copies of the ID card and house book. Not all offices require them. But it is a normal requirement at many,

Thanks for the valuable inputs.

I would try doing a 60 days extension.. If Immigration doesn't accept just my lease contract as proof of residence, I would head over to Vientiane for a new Single Non O.

depending on your situation

In general:

the embassy assigned to you the first step to make ik possible to be able to have a one year VIsa Non-O.

When entered you get a 3 month Visa. Then you have to arrange all in Thailand to make the conversion for the 1 year non Immigrant visa taking care for child with Thai nationality.

it is always possible if you meet the requirement to convert single entree to multiple entree and if that is possible cost are about 4.000 Baht this can be done at Immigration in Thailand

if you have DNA test result report made by example the Forensic department of the Police Hospital that proofs you are the father makes things easier.

cost are about 5.000 per person so in total 15.000 baht. results are in about 1 - 2 months.

the Non-O of Vientiane can be converted to a one Year. non Immigrant taking Care for child with Thai national

Just fill in the documents and go t the immigration office with what they needed to see.

Also make pictures and include them You and your child and all three together in a few different settings.

the DNA report is just extra supporting the application and lower t he eventual resistance.

It helps if your wife and child are there at the application at the immigration office in Thailand..

you need the paperwork done and meet the financial requirements.

The lease contract you can use to report your address in Thailand as you have to do by the Thai Law. of this registration you get a proof of report that has to be kept with your passport.

After having done the address report of the address then you you can use the registration at the Immigration as proof of the address in Thailand.

Doing things in the right order solves everything.

Success

Edited by Autonuaq

In general:

the embassy assigned to you the first step to make ik possible to be able to have a one year VIsa Non-O.

When entered you get a 3 month Visa. Then you have to arrange all in Thailand to make the conversion for the 1 year non Immigrant visa taking care for child with Thai nationality.

it is always possible if you meet the requirement to convert single entree to multiple entree and if that is possible cost are about 4.000 Baht this can be done at Immigration in Thailand

if you have DNA test result report made by example the Forensic department of the Police Hospital that proofs you are the father makes things easier.

cost are about 5.000 per person so in total 15.000 baht. results are in about 1 - 2 months.

the Non-O of Vientiane can be converted to a one Year. non Immigrant taking Care for child with Thai national

Just fill in the documents and go t the immigration office with what they needed to see.

Also make pictures and include them You and your child and all three together in a few different settings.

the DNA report is just extra supporting the application and lower t he eventual resistance.

It helps if your wife and child are there at the application at the immigration office in Thailand..

The lease contract you can use to report your address in Thailand as you have to do by the Thai Law. of this registration you get a proof of report that has to be kept with your passport.

After having done the address report of the address then you you can use the registration at the Immigration as proof of the address in Thailand.

Success

You can not covert a single entry visa to a 1 year visa at immigration in Thailand, you can only get extension of stay if you have 400.000 in bank or 40.000 baht income.

All extensions costs 1.900 baht, nothing else.

Immigration will not consider a DNA test, they want to have a court order declaring who the legal father is.

• Like 2

In general:

Success

You can not covert a single entry visa to a 1 year visa at immigration in Thailand, you can only get extension of stay if you have 400.000 in bank or 40.000 baht income.

All extensions costs 1.900 baht, nothing else.

Immigration will not consider a DNA test, they want to have a court order declaring who the legal father is.

convert is probably not the correct word extension is better word to use. Thank you for this.

The taking care of your Thai child does not tell anything about the Custody please do not confuse them.

For the proof of the 400.000 Baht on your bank account you need to have the statement made and signed by the Bank that is dated on the same day of the day you are going to the Immigration Office to do the Visa Application.

The DNA report of the Police Hospital Forensic Investigation Unit is an official investigation report the determines who the Father is of the child. This report is also needed for the Court if you want to have Custody. The Court will take about 4 to 6 months with some interviews to rule about the case.

For a Visa the Immigration department will make considerations based on the evidence provided with the application. Have seen many cases that the DNA report of the Police Hospital of who is the Father of the Child was one of the items taken in consideration and archived by the documents of application done for the Visa. As well other documents where given back and indicated not needed.

The non- immigrant O Visa taking care of Child with Thai Nationality is not important to the Thai Court when they look at and evaluate your Custody request over the Thai child you are taken care of.

the Visa supports the request you make as I have seen when added the Visa which is are granted by the immigration Office to have the Visa stamped and extensions in the passport of the foreigner to support the request.

Like as in most countries the Thai Immigration Department and the Thai Court have separate decision process and the outcome of the cases in the past not guarantee the outcome of any cases in the future.

Just prepare all is needed and provide the information they need to be able to grant your application.

success

at chiang mai , i speak with the officier they say next time come alone ; let your son at the shcool ,

and i need his birth certificate , and house book, and for the mother id and house book, and proof of residence where you live and id of the owner and his housebook and 1900b and ou got your extension

Mfred

Just to add my own experience.

I'm from UK and used to get 1 year multi entry no O based on birth certificate and divorce certificate. With attached papers a saying kids in my custody.

Then last year the embassy in London refused me stating

Actually not stating any reason

Just that I had to go to local ampur/kaet and sort It out.

When I went to kaet Thonburi spoke to pallad ampur ( I believe 2nd down form boss)

He couldn't help enough. Wrote a letter based on the information I gave him .

RE applied and bingo. Just dine again this year in September.

I hope this helps you

I've read that this is only for persons over 50 years

Rule 7.17 (5)

Getting an extension to a visa is paramount to being able to stay in Thailand long term. For those who are not employed, not married to a Thai national, or do not qualify for a retirement extension, but have Thai children, one option was the extension based on support of a Thai child. However, since Oct 1st 2006 the rules regarding this type of extension were radically changed.

Before it was possible to obtain a yearly extension based on the fact that you were supporting your Thai child. This was particularly useful for those who were not married to a Thai , or not over 50yrs old (to qualify forretirement extension ).

As of Oct 1st 2006 this option is no longer available.

It has been replaced as such by rule 7.17/5 This rule stipulates that a person over 50yrs of age can apply for an extension based on a Thai child supporting their parent, with no financial requirement as in other extension types.

is this now correct?

Rule 7.17 (5)

Getting an extension to a visa is paramount to being able to stay in Thailand long term. For those who are not employed, not married to a Thai national, or do not qualify for a retirement extension, but have Thai children, one option was the extension based on support of a Thai child. However, since Oct 1st 2006 the rules regarding this type of extension were radically changed.

Before it was possible to obtain a yearly extension based on the fact that you were supporting your Thai child. This was particularly useful for those who were not married to a Thai , or not over 50yrs old (to qualify forretirement extension ).

As of Oct 1st 2006 this option is no longer available.

It has been replaced as such by rule 7.17/5 This rule stipulates that a person over 50yrs of age can apply for an extension based on a Thai child supporting their parent, with no financial requirement as in other extension types.

is this now correct?

You are quoting a police order that was rescinded in 2008.

See clause 2.18 of Police Order 327/2557 basis for extension of stay.

Rule 7.17 (5)

ok. thx...

also... the age of father must be 50 years of age or over...... or approval on a case-by-case basis.... right?

the translate from thai ist not same, say my wife

(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year.

In case the father of mother requests to be under maintenance of children, the age of father or mother must be 50 years of age or over.

For other necessary cases, the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Immigration Bureau is granted the authority to make decisions regarding approval on a case-by-case basis.

post-132305-0-66765300-1444717180_thumb.

Edited by horsemagic

Rule 7.17 (5)

ok. thx...

also... the age of father must be 50 years of age or over...... or approval on a case-by-case basis.... right?

the translate from thai ist not same, say my wife

(5) In the case of parents, the father or mother must maintain an average annual income of no less than Baht 40,000 per month throughout the year or must have deposited funds of no less than Baht 400,000 to cover expenses for one year.

In case the father of mother requests to be under maintenance of children, the age of father or mother must be 50 years of age or over.

For other necessary cases, the Commissioner or Deputy Commissioner of Immigration Bureau is granted the authority to make decisions regarding approval on a case-by-case basis.

You can get an extension based upon being the parent of Thai at any age. The 50 year old age is only if your children are supporting you.

I'm just about to apply for my one year extension in Bangkok based on:

- I'm the legal father of my 2 daughters (and I have legitimised my parenthood in a Thai court).

- I live with them and their mother in a condo I own in Bangkok.

- I support both my kids school fess.

- I'm currently on the last month a Non-imm O single entry did in HCMC.

- I have 400k Baht in a Thai bank account (although not exactly from three months).

What are my options, what other documents will I need other then my kids birth certificate with my name on it and the above?

If and once I will get a one year extension, how will I convert it to a multi entry since i'll have to leave the country next month anyway?

Thanks

- I'm the legal father of my 2 daughters (and I have legitimised my parenthood in a Thai court).

- I have 400k Baht in a Thai bank account (although not exactly from three months).

What are my options, what other documents will I need other then my kids birth certificate with my name on it and the above?

If and once I will get a one year extension, how will I convert it to a multi entry since i'll have to leave the country next month anyway?

Thanks

For an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai there is no written requirement the money to be in the bank for amount of time. If they did ask for it would on only be 2 months.

The children and their mother will need to go with you when you apply.

You will need their birth certificates and legitimization documents plus copies. Copies of their house book registries.

If you are living with their mother will likely want copies of her ID card.and house book registry.

Proof of residence such as a rental contract with copies of the owners ID card and house book attached.

A map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

They will want photos of you and the children in around the house. One photo will need to show the house number.

You will need a letter from your bank confirming your bank balance and copies of your bank book.

Immigration could ask for additional documents. It might be worth a trip to check what their requirements are.

Once your application is accepted you will get a under consideration stamp with a report back 30 days from when you apply. When you go back they do the one year extension stamp.

Once you have the extension stamp you can apply for a multiple re-entry permit for a fee of 3800 baht.

Thanks

For an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai there is no written requirement the money to be in the bank for amount of time. If they did ask for it would on only be 2 months.

The children and their mother will need to go with you when you apply.

You will need their birth certificates and legitimization documents plus copies. Copies of their house book registries.

If you are living with their mother will likely want copies of her ID card.and house book registry.

Proof of residence such as a rental contract with copies of the owners ID card and house book attached.

A map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

They will want photos of you and the children in around the house. One photo will need to show the house number.

You will need a letter from your bank confirming your bank balance and copies of your bank book.

Immigration could ask for additional documents. It might be worth a trip to check what their requirements are.

Once your application is accepted you will get a under consideration stamp with a report back 30 days from when you apply. When you go back they do the one year extension stamp.

Once you have the extension stamp you can apply for a multiple re-entry permit for a fee of 3800 baht.

Thank you very much.

Just few more question:

- What kind of letter do I actually need from the bank? isn't the bank balance sheet with their stamp on it enough as a proof? Does it has to be of the day I'll apply or can it be done days earlier?

- If I'll get a consideration stamp, what happened if i'll have to leave the country for 10 days early November?

Lastly, can i apply for a multiple re-entry at the same time I will get the extension and how long will it takes?

Thanks in advance,

Thank you very much.

Just few more question:

- What kind of letter do I actually need from the bank? isn't the bank balance sheet with their stamp on it enough as a proof? Does it has to be of the day I'll apply or can it be done days earlier?

- If I'll get a consideration stamp, what happened if i'll have to leave the country for 10 days early November?

Lastly, can i apply for a multiple re-entry at the same time I will get the extension and how long will it takes?

Thanks in advance,

Most banks will know what you want if you tell them it is for immigration. A stamped copy of your bank statement will not be accepted.

Getting the letter the day before you apply is accepted but you will need to update your bank book on the date you apply. At Chaeng Wattana most major banks have a branch office in the basement of the building.

You can get a re-entry permit for the 30 day under consideration period. A single re-entry permit costs 1000 baht.

A re-entry permit will be issued on the same day you apply for it. But not until you get actual extension stamp in your passport. You can apply for it during the same trip when you go back for the stamp.

• Like 1