Four injured in car plunge from Union Mall’s carpark in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How difficult is it to turn the ignition key? Hit the brakes and push the clutch or put the automatic to "N"? Pull the handbrake?

Note to self: Don't buy a Mazda.

She probably has one of those "bought" licences and was taught to drive by grandad after he had fed the buffalo at night. rolleyes.gif

How difficult is it to turn the ignition key? Hit the brakes and push the clutch or put the automatic to "N"? Pull the handbrake?

Note to self: Don't buy a Mazda.

The driver was a woman....

And Thai too !

The problem has been noticed, and some establishments have already introduced women only parking areas....

attachicon.gifParking.jpg

<deleted> hilarious .............cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

One of our family businesses (in the West) is a gas station.

I worked there during my final two years of school.

In those two years I counted 11 cars that drove into a gas pump.

All 11 drivers were female.

coffee1.gif

Yeh ! but they have real Scrumpy in the west ! thumbsup.gif

My guess she panicked when she hit the gas instead of the brake..

and continued to hit the gas thinking it was the brake

she probably never touched the brake - see no brake marks

She refuses to take responsibility for her fault - my guess

CB

That is usually how is happens. They think they are pushing the brake when in fact they are pushing the accelerator and just push it harder. Does not take too long before car is in the air in a car park. And then they dont realise what has happened and blame google translate for the engrish.

Hmmmmm....So the Women is not quite sharp enough to react quickly and move the gear shift into neutral when that happens....or...... turn off the ignition......when that happens .... as in, that works every time if and when the accelerator mechanism gets stuck.

Basically you have no other choice....or .......straight ahead and plough into something.

In this case a poorly constructed safety railing, for 1 or 2 seconds and then dead air space, for 1 or 2 seconds, and then..... space vehicle impacts planet earth....permanently.....ouch!

Cheers

Another fine reporting Job by Thais cheesy.gif

Don't they get it that all the Farang that Speak and write English and come to this forum want real English not pigeon English .

But then its because they think they know how to report in English from the INTENSIVE English courses at University gigglem.gif

no its because they think they know more than farang and don't need any help from anyone. I wonder how many farang English speaking editors they have on staff for an English news paper ?

If England or America had a Thai paper you could rest assured they would hire proper Thai people to make sure it all made sense.

Even if they cost 8 times the price of a local? and work permit and visa issues were also required.

Don't think so.

coffee1.gif

Thai PBS, the broadcaster you can trust clap2.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif

It's this sentence that makes it a shame for the whole country. They can't write english but also even don't check their spelling. gigglem.gif

Another fine reporting Job by Thais cheesy.gif

Don't they get it that all the Farang that Speak and write English and come to this forum want real English not pigeon English .

But then its because they think they know how to report in English from the INTENSIVE English courses at University gigglem.gif

no its because they think they know more than farang and don't need any help from anyone. I wonder how many farang English speaking editors they have on staff for an English news paper ?

If England or America had a Thai paper you could rest assured they would hire proper Thai people to make sure it all made sense.

Even if they cost 8 times the price of a local? and work permit and visa issues were also required.

Don't think so.

coffee1.gif

Not every Thai is illiterate... Just the majority... I've had gfs who have better command of English than some muricans, Scots, Irish over here

I'm sure they could find a competent proof reader among the Thai population if they cared about it enough...

Accelerator sticking on some vehicles has been known to happen in the past even in 1st world countries... Usually leads to a recall but maybe not in Thai...

And with more cars on the road, this problem will escalate whistling.gif

Do you mean "accelerate"? rolleyes.gif

This same sort of accident recently happened at the Mall Bang Kapi and has happened many times in the past. If the accelerator was stuck (and its not inconceivable) the main blame for severity of this accident lies with the shoddy car park railings that offered very little protection when struck by a vehicle. This is typical of car parks here, but I have seen very unsafe railings/walls in other countries. I believe in Europe there are certain safety standards that have to be met for car park walls. I once crashed into the back of another car in a condo car park when my leg got a terrible cramp and forced the accelerator to the floor just when I had put it in drive. My insurance were not amused as the car had just come back from a major repair when it was sideswiped by a bus and then spining round and being hit head on by a pick-up. Ahhh how I love driving here. Actually I do and these minor problems can be encounted every day and ensure that you keep 100% care all times.

I agree with you. The same thing happened in the building where I work where a young lady tragically got killed when she drove through a badly constructed concrete block infill panel.

The building owner, now realizing the error, has now fitted steel barriers chem bolted to the concrete floor at each car park level to try and prevent this happening again.

Archived