Pattaya Ladyboys Fined 100 Baht

webfact

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the fine were too much, it might actually discourage them, and that might put a dent in the monthly brown envelope collections. Nope - the idea is only to dupe the public into thinking something is being done (the public tends to get strangely peeved at the continual pick-pocketing, purse-snatching & violent assaults...and it makes for bad press) while still letting the, em, "clientele"... know that protection must still be paid for.

The fines may not seem very much to you, but the laws are made for the whole of Thailand, not just Pattaya. It is probably a lot of money to the poor souls turning "cheap tricks" in the hell-hole establishments that exist "on the edge of, and out of, town" in "non-tourist" Thailand. There are 10 times as many workers out there servicing the sensitive rural Thai males than there are in the tourist areas. Ever been there?

It's because they don't get brown envelopes from the Beach Road sex workers that the police pull them in. The number of sex workers on Beach Road is miniscule compared with all the other establishments in the city and yet those establishments very rarely get featured in the news.

Why not? - it's the brown envelopes dummy!

On Beach Road the police have nothing to lose and are seen to be doing their job.

If the fine were too much, it might actually discourage them, and that might put a dent in the monthly brown envelope collections. Nope - the idea is only to dupe the public into thinking something is being done (the public tends to get strangely peeved at the continual pick-pocketing, purse-snatching & violent assaults...and it makes for bad press) while still letting the, em, "clientele"... know that protection must still be paid for.

The fines may not seem very much to you, but the laws are made for the whole of Thailand, not just Pattaya. It is probably a lot of money to the poor souls turning "cheap tricks" in the hell-hole establishments that exist "on the edge of, and out of, town" in "non-tourist" Thailand. There are 10 times as many workers out there servicing the sensitive rural Thai males than there are in the tourist areas. Ever been there?

It's because they don't get brown envelopes from the Beach Road sex workers that the police pull them in. The number of sex workers on Beach Road is miniscule compared with all the other establishments in the city and yet those establishments very rarely get featured in the news.

Why not? - it's the brown envelopes dummy!

On Beach Road the police have nothing to lose and are seen to be doing their job.

YES. Thanks for pointing out the real truth. They cant tax them like bars and massage shops so they bring them down for take away service to the cop shop

What do ladyboys, transgenders, and ladies of the night walking Pattaya Beach have in common...they all harass, molest, and prey on tourists...

Take a photo of each...tell them if they are caught again they will do time in an undesirable prison in Southern Thailand and then released there to face the local hostile population...

This should reduce the numbers significantly...

The thing is that they know who to harass. I have never been harassed by a female or katoey on Beach Road or Walking Street. The most someone has ever done is say either hello or I go with you.

A Thai friend of mine mentioned to me that the police get free services from these Beach Rd prostitutes; therefore do not want to make their life miserable and charge a huge fine which they cannot afford. (Besides, would they want all of them packed in to a jail cell not being able to pay a high fine? (---- mmm, maybe the police would.giggle.gif )

What do ladyboys, transgenders, and ladies of the night walking Pattaya Beach have in common...they all harass, molest, and prey on tourists...

Take a photo of each...tell them if they are caught again they will do time in an undesirable prison in Southern Thailand and then released there to face the local hostile population...

The thing is that they know who to harass. I have never been harassed by a female or katoey on Beach Road or Walking Street. The most someone has ever done is say either hello or I go with you.

You are not harassed because: 1) you do not look desirable 2) you are not dumb enough to be walking after 2am along Beach Rd 3)You are walking with your wife 4) you are smart enough to keep walking and not stop.

I do not believe the BiB are stupid enough to think a 100 Baht fine is going to deter them

Technically they have not done anything illegal, there is nothing to charge them with but loitering.

I agree , Thailand has LBs as part of their culture , yet if they go for a pleasant evenings stroll in the late sunshine of the passing day they get arrested. What for ? Wearing a dress not jeans and having long hair and possibly showing cleavage.

If I read the OP correctly, these 50 individuals were fined for loitering (I honestly didn't know that this is a crime) and suspicion (ok, I definitively knew that this is a crime) of engaging in prostitution, plus, based on the fact, that there are countless unresolved cases (otherwise they wouldn't be suspects, right?) of robberies, especially snatching bags from foreign tourists.

After extorting THB 100 from them (for the crimes they committed, e. g. loitering in public vs. loitering in private), reprimanding them (to not do these unresolved crimes again, especially robbing foreign tourists and prostitution) and entering criminal records (something like e. g. "suspected of something") into some "system" (system like Facebook? Twitter? Or maybe "Candy Crush"?) Pattaya's Finest released them back into the dark wilderness of the city. Obviously they all were first-time-criminals/offenders.

Thank you BIBs for your relentless efforts to keep us, your servants, unsafe. If, against all odds and despite your honourable actions, the crime rate in your city shouldn't decline dramatically, just increase the "fines/punishment for your unresolved crimes or suspicions" to let's say THB 120 and enter "the criminal records" twice into "the system". This will surely eradicate any criminality in your gangland.

/end sarcasm

Yes, I am a bloody Falang. And yes again, I no unerstan Thai. But no, I no go home.

I just try to show, under what a pathetic, ridiculous and evil police farce we all have to suffer. After all, what exactly became better or changed after this charade? Please enlighten me, please, please, give me ONE argument, one example of betterment, only one. It can't be that difficult, no?

Btw., "filling the tea money pot" does not count. ;-) AFAIK this is meanwhile even a little bit frowned by the acting PM. If, not, please correct me here again.

Just imagine, dear Farangs, what will you do when The Farce discovers/invents the business case to pick YOU (as a member of another minority) up on Soi Khao Noi for the crimes of loitering in public on your scooter and you not being able to prove (suspect = criminal = fine) that it wasn't you who snatched a bag from some tourist from two years ago (unresolved case)? Or, even better, you are suspected of prostitution? As we know by now: Suspect = reprimand + fine.

Yes, I know, will never happen. Honestly, I swear.

/end sarcasm, again

Edited by Andreas2

If I read the OP correctly, these 50 individuals were fined for loitering (I honestly didn't know that this is a crime) and suspicion (ok, I definitively knew that this is a crime) of engaging in prostitution, plus, based on the fact, that there are countless unresolved cases (otherwise they wouldn't be suspects, right?) of robberies, especially snatching bags from foreign tourists.

After extorting THB 100 from them (for the crimes they committed, e. g. loitering in public vs. loitering in private), reprimanding them (to not do these unresolved crimes again, especially robbing foreign tourists and prostitution) and entering criminal records (something like e. g. "suspected of something") into some "system" (system like Facebook? Twitter? Or maybe "Candy Crush"?) Pattaya's Finest released them back into the dark wilderness of the city. Obviously they all were first-time-criminals/offenders.

Thank you BIBs for your relentless efforts to keep us, your servants, unsafe. If, against all odds and despite your honourable actions, the crime rate in your city shouldn't decline dramatically, just increase the "fines/punishment for your unresolved crimes or suspicions" to let's say THB 120 and enter "the criminal records" twice into "the system". This will surely eradicate any criminality in your gangland.

/end sarcasm

Yes, I am a bloody Falang. And yes again, I no unerstan Thai. But no, I no go home.

I just try to show, under what a pathetic, ridiculous and evil police farce we all have to suffer. After all, what exactly became better or changed after this charade? Please enlighten me, please, please, give me ONE argument, one example of betterment, only one. It can't be that difficult, no?

Btw., "filling the tea money pot" does not count. ;-) AFAIK this is meanwhile even a little bit frowned by the acting PM. If, not, please correct me here again.

Just imagine, dear Farangs, what will you do when The Farce discovers/invents the business case to pick YOU (as a member of another minority) up on Soi Khao Noi for the crimes of loitering in public on your scooter and you not being able to prove (suspect = criminal = fine) that it wasn't you who snatched a bag from some tourist from two years ago (unresolved case)? Or, even better, you are suspected of prostitution? As we know by now: Suspect = reprimand + fine.

Yes, I know, will never happen. Honestly, I swear.

/end sarcasm, again

this is true, many tourists also loiter in the same area and all of them could be suspected of engaging in prostitution, its odd that so many people support this police action, its lucky that so far they only pick on those that they know cant defend themselves

Edited by phycokiller

"Police reprimanded the group and then released them after criminal records were entered into the system."

Police:

"OK everyone listen. I own gogo bar. Understand? No barfine money for me if you work Beach Road. No lady drink money for me. You bad. Understand? OK. 100 baht each times 50 is 5000 baht. OK. You entered into the system now. You bring same same tomorrow. You go now."

......cleaning up the citys image???

What ?

Pattaya relies almost entirely on prostitution to survive.

Get rid of all the hookers and there is nothing left except a few 7/11's and a filthy beach.

coffee1.gif

You appear to know close to nothing about Pattaya.

There are certainly more than a few 7-11s.

pity they didnt bother policing it tonight, a group of 3 mafia guys slapped a woman around opposite mikes for at least half an hour as the crowd dispersed, mostly due to their threats, and I have never seen so many pickpocketers, a lot of tourists but I dont think much money reaching these people

pity they didnt bother policing it tonight, a group of 3 mafia guys slapped a woman around opposite mikes for at least half an hour as the crowd dispersed, mostly due to their threats, and I have never seen so many pickpocketers, a lot of tourists but I dont think much money reaching these people

Some dispursed while others apparently stayed around watching the show for at least 30 minutes.

rubbish, on my many trips i've walked up beach rd up to times approx 1am and never been harrassed etc,

the 'harrassed' tourists will be those who actually approach the lb's themselves often in a stupid drunken state,

so again lets have some rationality, please TV show the figures for serious crime in Pattaya and the numbers of ladyboys arrested and imprisoned as such,

these threads are simply homophobic rants, for shame!

rubbish, on my many trips i've walked up beach rd up to times approx 1am and never been harrassed etc,

the 'harrassed' tourists will be those who actually approach the lb's themselves often in a stupid drunken state,

so again lets have some rationality, please TV show the figures for serious crime in Pattaya and the numbers of ladyboys arrested and imprisoned as such,

these threads are simply homophobic rants, for shame!

BS, man

if you live here long enough you know these guys ( Lady-boys) are just

waiting to accost people as they walk by. bah.gif

The tourist, is just that, a tourist. you understand very little of what you see when on holiday .

And excuse me, we are not all homophobic, I don't hate my house !!!!!!!!!!!!

or gay people. wai2.gif

Edited by onemorechang