How my bills in Thailand are ฿8000 baht a month or about (£150, $230)

yacobm8

"it does not take much brain power to create a small business here to make at least 20 000b per month for very little work"

555. Right.

If Thailand is such a "great" place for "small businesses" to make lots of money for "very little work"....

Then why did the owners of Agoda (travel company supposedly started in Thailand) move to Singapore?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agoda.com

<snip>

I guess Agoda its NOT "small businesses"

thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great!

This is so rare in Thailand, guy from West living with Thai, and you pay everything together, just like all couples in West.

You are lucky, I hope you know that! Really good to know it can still happen here!

Some older white guys here have forgotton families pay together for everything, but now that you opened this wound, they type up nasty replies lol.

You remind them everything they no longer have, or never had. So they put you down in hopes it brings them some sort relief. But it doesn't :D

Edited by whitemouse

Also, if you run the aircon like i did which was 18 hours a day your electric for aircon only would be nearly 8000 baht.

And you're getting ripped off. My gf townhouse runs on 2 air-cons.... Probably 12 hours a day (not simultaneously) and she pays less than 1000b a month.

Oh.... Did I mention I crash at her place for free for the past 3 years? Rent free living, spending less than 20k a month.

So, yes...it's possible to live pretty damn well on less than 20k a month.

Naam, when you become a slave to 3/10 women because you're tired of 1/10 in the west, your mind starts to think of "fan mode" on AC's as AC's actually running.

That's a well known fact. The kind of daily humiliation these people go through, makes the laws of physic change in their personnal bubble. Even you, the master of AC knowledge could not fix that physics problem for them.

Edited by bearpolar

It's all relative. I used to not spend more than 8K Baht a month, all my meals came from Carrefour (when it was around), and I used to think it'd be nice to be able to order a pizza now and then like my retired neighbor. Fast forward 20 years later and don't think I could _____ anywhere where I would have to sit ______ (well, you know... use your imagination) _____ to touch a stranger's elbow or actually have to _____ myself. 55.

thumbsup.gif

Fast forward 20 years later and don't think I could _____ anywhere where I would have to sit ______ (well, you know... use your imagination) _____ to touch a stranger's elbow or actually have to _____ myself. 55.

what?

Edited by Rob13

Great!

This is so rare in Thailand, guy from West living with Thai, and you pay everything together, just like all couples in West.

You are lucky, I hope you know that! Really good to know it can still happen here!

Some older white guys here have forgotton families pay together for everything, but now that you opened this wound, they type up nasty replies lol.

You remind them everything they no longer have, or never had. So they put you down in hopes it brings them some sort relief. But it doesn't :D

Ha ha.

In cople women work for money just like hobby when have free time

now i am waiting patiently for the next poster who claims he "runs three aircons (not simultaneously) 12 hours a day" and gets a refund from the electricity provider.

cheesy.gif

12 hours a day 28c on Air Con mode,

Believe what you will.

Someone is obviously ripping u off.

28c

You're living the life.

Shade temperature!!!

now i am waiting patiently for the next poster who claims he "runs three aircons (not simultaneously) 12 hours a day" and gets a refund from the electricity provider.

cheesy.gif

Believe what you will.

28c

You're living the life.

Shade temperature!!!

Me and my gf both can't stand anything lower. Why would you assume I enjoy BTS temperatures in my room?

cheesy.gif

Believe what you will.

28ºC = enigma solved.

guys who spend more than 20k don't know to live well anyway. most of their money go to lady bars, and visa agents. every time they open their mouth, it's to say "how much I have to pay you". this old generation of old guys here was born in nanny States and they have never learn to have" more for less", instead they spend spend spend thinking they will always get their money. I can tell you one day the music will stop and no money will be send by your SS, then guys you will stop to make fun of guys living with minimum because all you will get is a carbon to sleep under a bridge in Los Angeles after the Thai immigration have kicked you out of Thailand with no return. what about that? do you think the millenniums make enough to pay for your fat cheques?

as shown here, this clown is trying to level himself above the average retired sexpat. He's very unhappy with his choice and hes trying to bully himself into happyness.

Then he mets one of us young people with good house, cars, expensive food and tons of travelling and we just see what hes doing.

Bet he can't even speak thai, just here because nobody back home wants anything to do with him because all he achieved was cleaning dishes in a fast food joint and playing the diabolo sticks.

Thailand is a very cheap country allowing us to live like kings on very little. It's not that hard to earn a bit more and secure yourself a comfortable stress-free lifestyle to enjoy the world. Hell i wouldnt mind living in isaan with no TV and just some land, but id still get myself a good pickup, good tools and a good mattress. I was born in the west and that gave me the luxury to be able to provide such things for myself, bragging about not being able to do those things is just plain sad and a waste of a western-birth. Tell that story to the poor burmese kid who's never had more than 100calories per day from anything but rice. These kids would do anything to be re-born into average wealth. They don't need ps4's and 50" tvs but they'd love to have a nest egg for comfortable living.

With a western education, it does not take much brain power to create a small business here to make at least 20 000b per month for very little work. Sadly VIPinthailand can't even do that.

Im glad you said it to Mr VIP before i did because i enjoyed reading logic. He and other are so infused with haterd for America that he cant see the forest for the trees. Anyone with a good western education can make money in thailand which is 20 years behind the west. In Cambodia you can prosper even more so because they are 40 years behind the west. The Op is living with a thai girl who is keeping his expense to a minimum. A bird in the bed is cheaper than buying two in a bar a month.

So the more behind a country is,the more money an educated westerner can make? Guess,I should go live in Somalia.

For you Somalia is your best bet and don't forget your karishnakoff.

if you need more than 20k, you are a poor soul and you need help.

do you think Jesus was living the high style?

Jesus did the high life at the time, he had time and money to perform miracles and wander the countryside preaching. Now you need more than 20k to do that.

Trolls in Jesus mode... Stick to the subject

cheesy.gif

Believe what you will.

28c

You're living the life.

Shade temperature!!!

Me and my gf both can't stand anything lower. Why would you assume I enjoy BTS temperatures in my room?

BTS temperatures is more like 20c, In my room I sleep at night with the aircon on 26c. Electricity bill is around 1300 baht .

My monthly bills - about ฿27000 a month.

9800 baht - Truck Payment - 10 more payments and done..

2500 - 3000 baht - Avg Gas for truck/motorbikes..

8000 - 12000 baht - Food

1500 - 1700 baht - Electric

My monthly bills - about ฿27000 a month.

9800 baht - Truck Payment - 10 more payments and done..

2500 - 3000 baht - Avg Gas for truck/motorbikes..

8000 - 12000 baht - Food

1500 - 1700 baht - Electric

Your Avg Gas payments cover my rent and transportation throughout Bangkok. As for the electric...same with my monthly food expenses.

Cool.

clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

How about health insurance, especially since you have a motorcycle?

Mac

While some may find it hard to believe, he probably has a better lifestyle than 50% of the people in the world. Just look at large parts of Africa, the Philippines, India, Bangladesh, etc. He has air con, a roof over his head, running water, a toilet and shower, local transport, access to mass transport, etc. I could stay there for a few months. I don't need much when I holiday. I am quite content with just being able to have a decent place to sleep at night. Spend the rest of my money on other things.

Now for the western standards. Medical insurance? Auto/motorbike insurance? Saving for Retirement? Entertainment budget? Income Taxes (does he make any money)? How long you going to live this way?

idont have Insurance and i save Money every month.. but now im not 50+++

if i get sick i will go back to my home country and get treatment there. or if i have a accident in Thailand i wil pay for it....

expats and their talk all the time about Health insurane, should belive they are waiting for something bad will happen..haahahh cheesy.gif

Insurance or not...that's a personal Choice. the paronoia came With the age...cheesy.gifclap2.gifwhistling.gif

A month in ICU will change your mind and life on this subject.

clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

How about health insurance, especially since you have a motorcycle?

Mac

While some may find it hard to believe, he probably has a better lifestyle than 50% of the people in the world. Just look at large parts of Africa, the Philippines, India, Bangladesh, etc. He has air con, a roof over his head, running water, a toilet and shower, local transport, access to mass transport, etc. I could stay there for a few months. I don't need much when I holiday. I am quite content with just being able to have a decent place to sleep at night. Spend the rest of my money on other things.

Now for the western standards. Medical insurance? Auto/motorbike insurance? Saving for Retirement? Entertainment budget? Income Taxes (does he make any money)? How long you going to live this way?

idont have Insurance and i save Money every month.. but now im not 50+++

if i get sick i will go back to my home country and get treatment there. or if i have a accident in Thailand i wil pay for it....

expats and their talk all the time about Health insurane, should belive they are waiting for something bad will happen..haahahh cheesy.gif

Insurance or not...that's a personal Choice. the paronoia came With the age...cheesy.gifclap2.gifwhistling.gif

A month in ICU will change your mind and life on this subject.

or a medical bill exceeding one million Baht like this one (3 days ICU and a pacemaker):

post-35218-0-12276400-1452580268_thumb.j

post-35218-0-09879300-1452580286_thumb.j

Edited by Naam