Phuket rioters to face legal action

webfact

stop with the Phuket bashing ......... there's mafia everywhere in Thailand , look at Pattaya, Kanchaburi., Bangkok, ..........

This story has gone from a moule hill into a mountain .... because of the local rioters. What they did was illegal and they should be punished. As the police said ' likely most were drunk and high '

I feel discussing the obvious isnot bashing. If in the future something happens in Pattaya or Kanchaburi or Bangkok we will in all probablity discuss that there at that time also. When the topic is Phuket that is what is discussed.
Any day with wan in it then. The place is a soap opera.

Only to be believed when seen.

This shows how criminal Phuket really is. When people who are drug dealers get killed because of their actions the town people riot in support. Sounds like Baltimore. Phuket is so corrupt all citizens support crime and will riot if challenged. I wouldnot go there for any reason. Phuket is one big ghetto full of crime. Drugs scams mafia violence..

Totally and utter bs.

Steven, what is BS in his quote?

The criminality in Phuket or his pov re rioters...?

I would like to hear your take on it because to my mind there is not much attractive about Phuket.

Compared to Pattaya it is very attractive, the scenery is not too bad either.

stop with the Phuket bashing ......... there's mafia everywhere in Thailand , look at Pattaya, Kanchaburi., Bangkok, ..........

This story has gone from a moule hill into a mountain .... because of the local rioters. What they did was illegal and they should be punished. As the police said ' likely most were drunk and high '

punished??

So it's OK that the RTP are judge, jury and executioner?clap2.gif

nothing to see here move along......

Seems we had a PM a few years back who thought so, to the tune of something like 3000 (reported) executions. Therefore it seems that I might just be ok - for some to consider it as acceptable.

Edited by Artisi

punished??

Seems we had a PM a few years back who thought so, to the tune of something like 3000 (reported) executions. Therefore it seems that I might just be ok - for some to consider it as acceptable.
"Likely most were drunk and high" refers to the rioters. And yes, they should be punished. Or you think its fine to block roads and torch cars?

Of course they should be punished after found guilty by a judge. Not sure where you got the idea that someone claims the RTP should be judge, jury, and executioner as that was never said in the posts quoted.

punished??

"Likely most were drunk and high" refers to the rioters. And yes, they should be punished. Or you think its fine to block roads and torch cars?

Of course they should be punished after found guilty by a judge. Not sure where you got the idea that someone claims the RTP should be judge, jury, and executioner as that was never said in the posts quoted.

Bob, don't get too excited or serious before carefully reading and comprehending what was said.

punished??

M'lord the witness states "Likely most were drunk and high". I suggest we take that as being factual and proven and entered into the courts transcripts as such.

Again m'lord the witness testified "What they did was illegal and they should be punished." Because the witness was there and saw the events unfold, I again suggest we conclude that statement be recorded as truthful and accurate. The witness fully understands Thai law and can determine what is illegal and what is legal.

This punishment fits the crime...

The prosecution rests.

The police should have picked out the leaders and shot them!

Pretty strong language. Why are you so wound up over this? Including 3 likes on this makes a total of 4 over the top hostile people and I find this truly strange. Its a Thai problem and I think the violent response by people was the result of a lot of pent up anger and frustration. Just hope that this does not become another "Remember The Alamo" moment.

The punks didn't stop for the police check point so they must of had something to hide !! Why else run ? please don't give me BS about scared from the BIB's !! I don't like them ether, and I know what can happen if you do a runner it can end just like these two punks did. Drug dealers and ten foot tall and bullet proof !! So they thought but it wasn't bullets that killed them it was their own STUPIDITY !! plain and simple. Maybe the parents should have been more involved in their on goings, but I'm sure it's more like my little somchai would never do that !!

I am sure it was quite and event. I would love to see the people that torched the cars get caught. I am 100% in favor of protests, peaceful protests. Riots that damage innocent and uninvolved people and property irks me. I would be stunned if they actually prosecute anybody. And even if they did, most involved probably have no means to pay for a destroyed car, or two or ten

After reading some comments of TV members, I have come to realize what perverted, naive and fanatical minds some members have. Even though the RTP are so corrupt as we all have been saying. Are they corrupt when someone runs a Police check point? If you were being followed by a Police car and you realize that, will you stop to find out what is wrong or you will start running to create an impression in their minds? When you run from the Police, there is 100% sure there is something that you don't want them to see or know. If not, why do you run from a check point? A check point is set up to control and check for something. Since you know you have something to hide, the best way is to run. In running, you put yourself in harms way. The result of your running could be fatal. In the case of the two victims, it was indeed. The two guys are to blame and not the RTP. The Police were doing just their job and we the citizens shouldn't make their work more difficult for them. Had they stopped, there would have been no chase and no one would have died. Are the Police given the right to chase people who refused to stop at check points? The answer is yes. Those who do drugs will always find excuses to support their accomplices. "Tell me your friend and I tell you who you are". "Oh if our son was doing drugs, we should be very rich, etc". Your son is not doing drugs but his friend is a former convicted drug dealer. Your son's friend is a person who disobey the law. Your son was a bad boy. The RTP are this, they are that but in this case, they were very very right. I really hope that the rioters will face the strong arm of the law. If everyone was running from Police control then the lives of many bystanders will be in danger because of the constant chases.

Edited by Lekong

JOKER

Legal action will be taken on the police that killed the 2 boys and no police have any authority to try and kick anyone off any bike. They are not executioners or are they ?

Same old stuff talk good to stop them and attack after

Wheres the Thainess there

M'lord the witness states "Likely most were drunk and high". I suggest we take that as being factual and proven and entered into the courts transcripts as such.

Again m'lord the witness testified "What they did was illegal and they should be punished." Because the witness was there and saw the events unfold, I again suggest we conclude that statement be recorded as truthful and accurate. The witness fully understands Thai law and can determine what is illegal and what is legal.

The prosecution rests.

FACT: the roads were blocked

FACT: cars were torched

FACT: torching cars is illegal (or do you want to contest this?)

All I am saying is that the ones who blocked the road and torched the cars should be prosecuted.

Were those people drunk? I dont care, drunk or not they should be prosecuted.

To all drug runner sympathizers and "oh, those poor boys (one was 22!) whiners": I say, no sympathies and no pardon, neither for check point dodging drug dealers, nor for thugs who riot over the RTP (finally, and at least in this case) doing their job!!!

If I were the judge, all rioters would be charged to pay full compensation for the damage (if they have no assets to be impounded I'd give them an enforced bank loan or something that keeps them busy working their butts off for at least 10 years) plus 2 years without possibility of parole or pardon in the slammer each to get enough time to meditate about the Pros and Cons of damaging public/government property.

Any drug dealer knows that dodging a checkpoint most likely will result in a police chase and/or getting shot at and/or getting killed by accident during the chase. They made their choice, they paid the price. Simple as that!

Deal with it and stop making excuses and assumptions that put those thugs in the position or martyr or hero! I believe that only people who have criminal potential themselves would think that way (coming up with cheap excuses for rioters and dealers)!

Edited by MockingJay

This shows how criminal Phuket really is. When people who are drug dealers get killed because of their actions the town people riot in support. Sounds like Baltimore. Phuket is so corrupt all citizens support crime and will riot if challenged. I wouldnot go there for any reason. Phuket is one big ghetto full of crime. Drugs scams mafia violence..

Totally and utter bs.

I would like to hear your take on it because to my mind there is not much attractive about Phuket.

Every sentence is total nonsense.

Steven L has a business in Patong / Phuket so he will defend every "attack" on criminal Phuket............................

The prosecution rests.

FACT: the roads were blocked

FACT: cars were torched

FACT: torching cars is illegal (or do you want to contest this?)

All I am saying is that the ones who blocked the road and torched the cars should be prosecuted.

Were those people drunk? I dont care, drunk or not they should be prosecuted.

punished or prosecuted? please make up your mind...

edit: formatting (removing excess spaces)

Edited by bongoz

Totally and utter bs.

Every sentence is total nonsense.

Steven L has a business in Patong / Phuket so he will defend every "attack" on criminal Phuket............................

Makes sense. I have to say Steven's lack of perspective and ability to expand when asked made some kind of partisan association evident. Oddly enough it really should enable him to comment more broadly than his eloquent "nonsense" or "BS". The readership here is experienced, Thai~wizened wise to lol at that level of argument.

Whatever floats his boat.

No, I will not make up my mind. They should be first prosecuted AND then punished.

Where I come from these things go hand in hand: you first prosecute someone and when found guilty you punish them. And in this case it is pretty clear that laws have been violated and therefore punishment should follow.

Or are you still in doubt that blocking roads and torching cars is illegal?

I hope nothing of this sounds strange to you.

p.s. For some reason I fail to understand the point you are trying to make here. I get the feeling you are just replying to have the last say instead of really not understanding what is happening.

No, I will not make up my mind. They should be first prosecuted AND then punished.

Not in my house. I am routinely punished first and offered the prosecution later when things get a little better.