Patong Carnival aims to draw 20,000 visitors

webfact

Patong Carnival aims to draw 20,000 visitors
The Phuket News

1444722492_1-org.jpg
The Patong Carnival this year will be combined with the Patong Seafood Festival in the hope of attracting more than 20,000 visitors, said organisers.

PHUKET: -- More than 20,000 people are expected to join the festivities for the Patong Carnival this year, which gets underway on November 1.

The three-day event will maintain its traditional full schedule of entertainment, displays and activities people to take part in, Patong Mayor Chalermluck Kebsup told a press conference last weekend.

“But for first time we the Patong Carnival and the Patong Seafood Festival will be held at the same time, so people will have much to enjoy,” she said.

“All the parades and cultural shows will still be part of the festival, but the big attraction will be the Seafood Festival. This year is the 30th year of the carnival, and we want to bring something new and exciting to the event, and this year we will deliver more creativity. We hope to push our city to the next level and generate creative tourism in the Patong area.”

Phuket Vice Governor Dr Prajiad Aksornthammakul, who was also at the press conference, said, “The Patong Canival is held around this time every year to signal that we are entering the [tourism] high season and to welcome tourists from all over the world.

“We are very happy to present the Seafood Festival this year so people can enjoy the great variety of food Patong has to offer. This is another way of attracting more tourists to the area and bringing new markets and new customers.”

The focus area of the Seafood Festival will be Bangla Rd, Soi Post Office (Soi Praisanee) and Soi Dr Wattana, the latter two of which join the beach road, Mayor Chalermluck explained.

All the activities and attractions in the two festivals combined will be allocated into different zones, she added.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/patong-carnival-aims-to-draw-20-000-visitors-54525.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-10-13

I guess I will be outnumbered by the chronic , pathogenic cynics.

The Patong Festival is, in my opinion, a colourful and enjoyable prelude to the "High Season" which many are happy to partake in.

Those are determined to make snid comment can stay away and indulge themselves with the usual cheap beer in a dump bar.

Enjoy!

"Seafood Festival" ... Remember to buy Imodium and stock up toiletpaper ... blink.png

Dang, what did I do with my pocket mercury tester ?

I guess I will be outnumbered by the chronic , pathogenic cynics.

The Patong Festival is, in my opinion, a colourful and enjoyable prelude to the "High Season" which many are happy to partake in.

Those are determined to make snid comment can stay away and indulge themselves with the usual cheap beer in a dump bar.

Enjoy!

Pathogenic cynics? So are we to support pathogens now?

Snid [sic] comment Slave Labor Fest !!

Carnival, is that another word for festivities of blokes with tits, since going by the picture they are out in full force.

And what is wrong with that? Sounds like you don't quite understand the concept of the third gender- it's quite mainstream in SE Asia .

We hope to push our city to the next level and generate creative tourism in the Patong area.

Having a seafood festival in an area, on a beach, that sells seafood every night of the year doesn't strike me as very creative.

"Seafood Festival" ... Remember to buy Imodium and stock up toiletpaper ...

If the sales teams at the various hospitals had some nounce they'd have "All-you-can-keep-down Imodium Buffet and 2-for-1 Dysentery/Cholera Testing Week" at the same time as the seafood fest! licklips.gif